CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on which report you read, the body was found 1pm to 5pm.

Also to clarify a tidbit from upthread, Sarah called Jeremiah "Jeremy".

And I think if you go to the scanner thread for that day - it may have been as early as 11 am.

Wait, I just liked this incredibly unfair post.

We have no idea what happened, we have no idea how RELIABLE jessica usually is. We have no idea at all if she flakes out all the time, or what he was thinking.

It is unfair to blame this man for anything.

I agree. First I find it totally plausible that there was a mix up of days from the boy. If they walk together every day (or most days) one day can run to another. Second, I am CERTAIN the police have spoken to him at length to make sure he and his son's story makes sense. If they waited 20 minutes for her and then went on, it is likely the same thing any of us would do. I'm sure in retrospect he has second-guessed and feels guilt, without others blaming him. It isn't his fault. It is the abductors fault. It's unfair to accuse him of any wrong doing when he is most likely just a neighbor walking his son to school.

There is a need for more information to clarify exactly what was going on with J and his dad during the period of time when Jessica was last seen. This doesn't mean they know anything that could help solve the case, just that we obviously don't know everything they do about that morning.

JMO

Obviously, we aren't privy to the information we want to have about the time discrepancy, which is fitting. I'm willing to bet that police have all the information they need about the situation with J and J's dad that morning. What they don't know is what happened to Jessica between her front door and the park.

So what is the deal with that map and photo we have seen, showing the location of the abduction? Is that just a rough approximation based on where she was last seen?

If you're referring to maps and posts here from a local who goes by the handle Zola...I think it was her/his "guess". (the map drawing comparisons to the abduction point and backpack drop with wooden fencing?)
It was, imo, confusing in its original post...as it wasn't made clear as strictly the OP's opinion until asked for later by other posters) Just my take on it.

The reports I have read indicated that SR called the police (and possibly J's dad) once she heard the voicemail from the school at 4:30ish.

Did she also call the school? That's probably the first place I would call, to see if she did show up after the phone call was made. Then if the school said no, I'd call J's dad, and then the next call would be to the police.

I was just getting ready to say the same thing. J's dad would be the very first suspect on their list, IMO, and I am sure his alibi has been closely scrutinized. If he had no alibi for some reason, then I would suspect his every action has been watched by LE, and IMO that would preclude him from being able to dump the backpack and (if it's her) place Jessica's body where it was located.

But realize that from 8:30am - 4:23pm, it was unknown that she was missing. Because the backpack was only found Sunday morning does not have to mean it was dropped that day. I've said again and again that if there was anything interesting in it (food?), an animal could have easily dragged it to the neighborhood from the field off of McCaslin. The body and all evidence could have been discarded on Friday. It is a gutsy move in daylight, but not completely out there.

maybe his dad drove him to the park...
we just don't know these things from one call on the scanner.

Because I live in the area and have experience with the cold temperatures in the morning, I agree that the father probably drove his son to Chelsea Park.

School begins at 8:50am at Witt Elementary School.
Jessica left her home at approximately 8:30am.
It would take approximately 10 minutes to drive from Chelsea Park to Witt Elementary School. (Taking into consideration a school speed zone of 20mph; the traffic encountered.)
Perhaps at 8:40am, after waiting for the victim, J's father decided that he could not drive to the victim's house or follow her assumed route to the meeting place, and still get his son to school on-time.

However, after leaving his son at school, the man had some responsibility to notify the victim's family--even if it meant driving to their house to tell them, assuming nobody answered the phone--that he never met their daughter at the location where the child was on her way to meet her cousin.

This tragic failure, IMHO, is the disconnect that gave the perpetrator(s) more time to escape with the victim.

And I disagree strongly with those who say it is wrong to question the judgement of an adult who doesn't follow up with parents when the parents assume that the adult is meeting their child.

They are doing DNA swabbing in the neighborhood. To rule out/rule in a possible suspect. For some reason they continue to concentrate on her neighborhood (which supports that she was abducted very close to home) even though the perp is trying very hard to draw them away from there (placement of backpack and body part(s).

Somewhere way back in the thread and I not even sure which poster mentioned a truck/camper in one of the live videos - wonder if that person is anywhere around to be swabbed??

Does this mean they have obtained DNA of the perp from the body? For comparison?

So J is her cousin and J's dad is her uncle? And her uncle wasn't worried when she didn't show up? He didn't go to her house to find out where she was??? This is even stranger to me now.

No... I think there are alot of "Js" involved in this case..

Wait, I just liked this incredibly unfair post.

We have no idea what happened, we have no idea how RELIABLE jessica usually is. We have no idea at all if she flakes out all the time, or what he was thinking.

It is unfair to blame this man for anything.

Agree. If we're going to blame him for not following up, by the same token can't we blame mom for not waking Jessica the the blocks to the park?

ETA: I am NOT blaming mom.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

can someone link the map of the walk from house A to house B again. can't find it.

It's .5 a mile- 2,640 feet.

We are from Colorado and now live in another active community- kids routinely walk 3 miles just for FUN. Walking 1/2 mile to school verses a longer drive or having to get up earlier to catch the bus- kid chooses to walk- I understand that.
I think we can agree that those on WS are not the type to ever let their kids walk alone (me included- NEVER) but seriously- a 10 year old walking .5 mile is not only reasonable, it's downright short. Kids need physical activity just like adults do (actually, they need more!).

Just my .02, of course, sure many disagree.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wha...ssica-ridgeway-suspect-doesn-t-say-but-should

What the FBI profile on Jessica Ridgeway suspect doesn’t say, but should

JESSICA RIDGEWAY OCTOBER 12, 2012BY: RADELL SMITH

On Thursday the FBI provided the public with a profile of the suspect in the missing Colorado girl case of Jessica Ridgeway, a 10-year-old female child missing since Oct. 5 and believed abducted somewhere between her home and a two-block walk to a nearby park according to Fox News.

The law enforcement profile is the standard cookie-cutter version that fits this type of abduction scenario, with no exact details given, so as not to impede prosecution of any offender eventually nabbed for the crime.
(read more)

Radell Smith possesses a formal education in behavioral forensics as well as successful experience in the field of profiling unsolved homicides. She serves as the National Criminal Profiles Examiner as well, and readers can subscribe to her national criminal profiles column by clicking on the subscribe link above or following her on Twitter at CrimeProfiler1.

jessica-ridgeway-640x480e_1349903949105_284745_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Jeffco_schools_help_parents_talk_to_kids_30910002_286424_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members