FBI Involvement

Let's talk about the FBI's involvement in the case/s or lack thereof.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-12-20/...gilbert-serial-killer-oak-beach?_s=PM:JUSTICE http://skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=191 http://babylonvillage.patch.com/d/topics/gilgo+beach

According to what I've read so far the FBI's involvement has been limited to the use of Blackhawk helicopter for the arial search and psychological profiling. They are reportedly frustrated by SCPDs unwillingness to accept or ask for help in solving these crimes. What is your take on this?

Without proof, this sounds just like another accusation of a police conspiracy to prevent this case from being solved.

So I have to ask;

What proof do you have that SCPD has been "unwilling to accept or ask for help in solving these crimes" and what proof is there that the FBI is "reportedly frustraded by SCPD's unwillingness to accept or ask for help in solving these crimes"?

Hawk forgive my ignorance but whats an SIL?

sil - AS IN Sin In Law. Back in 2004 - 2006, the SIL, a retired SCPD cop was framed by a lieutenant in the district attorney's detective squad. He went on to be a captain and rapidly elevated to the rank of Chief of Department. For all intents and purposes he is running the Gilgo Beach murder case.

IMO this fellow is not only a crook, he is a sex deviate that has abuse many 'working girls' throughout the years.

JF, I saw somewhere you might reside in WISC. Several years ago you had a disttict attorney that made a lot of waves with a lot of arrests. Trouble is he was the biggest crook of them all and was arrested by the FEDS. Suffolk makes Wisc look like Sesame Street.......

Once someone involved with a crime crosses a state border it IS federal. Say I goto Pennsylvania from long island to buy fireworks. ANd then I drive them back to Long Island...that is federal, then add in the bridges and tunnels I would drive through (of course this is hypothetical) and I have problems with the FBI and Homeland security. SG traveled from NJ to NY to commit a crime; does this fall under the same catagory?

Local knowledge needed.

What is Tim Bishop the sitting congressman saying about the issue? What has he done?

Democrat Tim Bishop is the incumbent, and Republican Randy Altschuler is running against him. Where does Altshuler stand?

Are they interested in catching the LISK?

Are they tied into the SCPD and protecting friends?

A few calls from Long Island congressmen to FBI headquarters and SCPD headquarters should have an effect.

Which of these two opponents wants this case solved?

The LISK could be an a big election issue.

MOO
The Congressman you want to talk to is not Tim Bishop, it's Peter King (R NY 3) - as far as I know all of the bodies were all discovered in his district.
peteking.house.gov

The Congressman you want to talk to is not Tim Bishop, it's Peter King (R NY 3) - as far as I know all of the bodies were all discovered in his district.
peteking.house.gov

Election issue? Nobody even talks about it. Most people think it was the guy who shot himself and its over.

Without proof, this sounds just like another accusation of a police conspiracy to prevent this case from being solved.

So I have to ask;

What proof do you have that SCPD has been "unwilling to accept or ask for help in solving these crimes" and what proof is there that the FBI is "reportedly frustraded by SCPD's unwillingness to accept or ask for help in solving these crimes"?

Havent like two high ranking cops gotten on TV or in Newsday saying they would be open to FBI involvement. You cant open up to something if you arent closed to it to begin with.

So I have to ask;

http://babylonvillage.patch.com/d/topics/gilgo+beach

This is a link to the article which I read that.

It is reported that the primary reason Timothy Bindner was never successfully charged was that the various law enforcement agencies didn't work together. Let's hope that doesn't happen with this case, the FBI or DOJ needs to but in regardless of SCPD's opinion. The reason the SCPD may not want anybody's help is that they may prefer to never charge anyone over charging a former SCPD employee and opening a can of worms. With a case this high profile, there would be a frenzy of reporting and investigation into the perps life and career that would include SCPD. It's not in the departments best interest to voluntarily step into the limelight and under the microscope. God forbid the perp took a victim or committed various other heinous crimes while working for the SCPD.

I agrere TS. BUT in situations like this, I think SCPD needs stand up and take all of the heat as this is not like one of their guys got caught DWI and they helped him get hom instead of booking him. I (along with most of the community) will have mroe respect for them if they take it like men. He was also let go by SCPD; so atleast they got that going for them. I have made mistakes in my career, and I find its better just to say "****, I screwed that up....how do I fix it?" rather then back pedal or try and shift blame. It blows over quicker when you just admit it. I screwed up and never got funding for work that was performed. So my compoany had to front it (it was over a million dollars), so I was brought before the big VP of the company, and he asked waht happened. I said honestly one of the cells in my excel file was not linked properly and the mistake carried through to the final payment. He goes "OK, we will front, but make sure you get that money back next month and be careful next time." Everyone thought I was going to get fired for it, but I got promoted 2 months later. You take the wind out of peoples sails when you just admit it.

I agrere TS. BUT in situations like this, I think SCPD needs stand up and take all of the heat as this is not like one of their guys got caught DWI and they helped him get hom instead of booking him. I (along with most of the community) will have mroe respect for them if they take it like men. He was also let go by SCPD; so atleast they got that going for them. I have made mistakes in my career, and I find its better just to say "****, I screwed that up....how do I fix it?" rather then back pedal or try and shift blame. It blows over quicker when you just admit it. I screwed up and never got funding for work that was performed. So my compoany had to front it (it was over a million dollars), so I was brought before the big VP of the company, and he asked waht happened. I said honestly one of the cells in my excel file was not linked properly and the mistake carried through to the final payment. He goes "OK, we will front, but make sure you get that money back next month and be careful next time." Everyone thought I was going to get fired for it, but I got promoted 2 months later. You take the wind out of peoples sails when you just admit it.

I agree! But, based on how this case has panned out so far, the SCPD keeps going deeper and deeper into the mud. It doesn't seem they'll ever freely admit their mistakes. They would have had to do that when the GB4 were found. They won't even admit that it wasn't during a search for SG. If they were searching for SG, they would have started in the area she was last seen alive. Unfortunately, it's several families who won't have closure until they start admitting their mistakes with SG. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away, it just gets tangled in the web of lies.

sil - AS IN Sin In Law. Back in 2004 - 2006, the SIL, a retired SCPD cop was framed by a lieutenant in the district attorney's detective squad. He went on to be a captain and rapidly elevated to the rank of Chief of Department. For all intents and purposes he is running the Gilgo Beach murder case.

IMO this fellow is not only a crook, he is a sex deviate that has abuse many 'working girls' throughout the years.

JF, I saw somewhere you might reside in WISC. Several years ago you had a disttict attorney that made a lot of waves with a lot of arrests. Trouble is he was the biggest crook of them all and was arrested by the FEDS. Suffolk makes Wisc look like Sesame Street.......

http://truthinjustice.org/paulus-legacy.htm
http://wicourtscorrupt.com/corrupti...sin-district-attorneys-office-can-be-corrupt/

Are you referring to Joesph Paulus?

http://babylonvillage.patch.com/d/topics/gilgo+beach

This is a link to the article which I read that.

Thank you so much!

I traced that report to this original article in the NY POST.

Not sure how we missed that article. However, it does state in the article that the FBI was speaking in past tense regarding you-know-who;

The agency, respected for its investigative prowess in serial-killer cases, has been frustrated by the resistance shown by Suffolk County police officials — primarily former Commissioner Richard Dormer — to accepting their assistance, the sources added.

However, newly appointed Suffolk County Police Commissioner Edward Webber has signaled a willingness to finally involve the FBI in the case.

Thank you so much!

I traced that report to this original article in the NY POST.

Not sure how we missed that article. However, it does state in the article that the FBI was speaking in past tense regarding you-know-who;

So when was Webber appointed? I think I just read an article from this past week (or maybe last week?) that Webber is quoted saying something along the lines of only being an "acting" Commissioner, but not actually "doing" the job.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2012...-politics-by-leaving-fbis-li-gang-task-force/[/QUOTE]

Thank you fieldnotes for the above link. That was a very informative article re: SCPD and FBI turf war. Just what I thought was happening. How strange that the US Govt just named MS-13...and with the naming comes increased ability to prosecute "associates" (my word).
SCPD pulled their detectives, thereby forfeiting any claim to funds collected from busts made in conjunction with the Feds. SCPD says it cost too much yet they are throwing the fed money away.

"The government is also making it more difficult for gang members to use banks and wire transfer services to move profits from the group’s crimes.

ICE Director John Morton described the designation as a “powerful weapon” for his agency’s effort to dismantle the gang. The action “allows us to strike at the financial heart of MS-13,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...693ac2-13a7-11e2-9a39-1f5a7f6fe945_story.html

Translation: Feds were getting hella close to exposing the corruption within SCPD, so they bailed. Bet it will come back and bite them. I'm far from being the sharpest tool in the shed, but even I can see what's happening...

JMO

JF, you would read in the statement on this case there was a belief his sentence of 58 months was very light. The speculation was they gave him a light sentence to keep him quiet.

I laughed when I read it because I have always said the reason they arrested my son in law was because he WASN"T a crooked cop !!! Why, might you ask? because if they lock up a real crooked cop the cop might spill the beans on the rest of them.

Back in the scandal of the 1980's they had to fire two narcotics detectives for a variety of misconduct and crimes. They became drug addicts. That led to other problems. The wind-up was they got a tax free disability pension for a line of duty illness/injury. The job led them to become drug addicts. BS, they paid them off to keep their mouths shut.

So, if the same person killed in two different states the feds would take over...but if they only kill in one state they wont?

I'm not positive, but I believe it has to do with the commission of a crime that involves crossing state lines...IOW, if they kill or kidnap in one state and then cross state lines during the commission of said killing or kidnapping - then the FBI becomes the department in charge of the crime...hope that makes sense!

I'm not positive, but I believe it has to do with the commission of a crime that involves crossing state lines...IOW, if they kill or kidnap in one state and then cross state lines during the commission of said killing or kidnapping - then the FBI becomes the department in charge of the crime...hope that makes sense!

think Akeem Cruz's laptop, the feds took it because he transported MW over state lines.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back