CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up from a nap - during which I dreamed they caught the perp. Maybe it's a sign. Praying this will happen soon...

:praying:

(Peeps, wasn't it you whose powernaps that always preceded something big on Hailey's thread? Or was that someone else? tehcloser?)

If it weren't associated with the horror that it is... its really such a photogenic area. :*( Makes me wonder if its a shutterbug/photo hobbiest?

I suspect the real reason the killer chose this location is isolation. From the settlement of Leyden going west there are no houses or lights until the road passes through a narrow gap in a hogback rock formation just before it ends at Colorado 93. The road has almost no traffic, especially in the middle of the night. Even if a car did come, you could hear it and see the headlights light up the hills for a long time before it comes into view. A killer dumping a body in the middle of the night at this location would have very little chance of being seen.

The man who molested my daughter had a parole hearing in July. Thanks to CAPER/Websleuths, his parole was denied, but in the process, he was asked what his plans were if he was to be released. He stated his intention to go back to selling/installing carpet. I thought he was being unrealistic, since going to people's homes to measure rooms or lay carpet might put him in proximity to children (he will have to register upon release). I assumed that this sort of employment would be out of the question for him, perhaps in part because the flooring company he worked for when he was convicted fired him the same day he was found guilty. Now I have to rethink this. If the above-referenced RSO can sell/install carpet, maybe DSB can do so as well. UGH!

You have to be very careful of any service people ,IE repairmen,carpet installers,carpet and furniture cleaners anyone who comes into your home.Most service jobs do not even checkout employees. I have been following crime since 1977, a lot of murders have been committed by people who came into the home and after a job would go back to cause harm.

LOL it was TEHCLOSER who always napped before something big happened on the Hailey Dunn thread lol

LOL it was TEHCLOSER who always napped before something big happened on the Hailey Dunn thread lol

Haha - I must've remembered as you were responding - I was just adding teh's name to the post above... :rocker:

Looking for home protection from 2 legged and 4 legged and those that slither on the ground. I just moved to the woods from a large city and am not real comfortable yet. Any info you can provide is appreciated. I also have three dogs one being a very large leopard catahoula and they all bark. I still would like a little more feeling of being protected. tia

Find a local gun range and go "play"....try on many many diff guns and take classes! If not properly trained, it doesnt matter what kind of gun you have! ;) You just need to take classes and practice often and find the right fit for you!

As mentioned above, some dont like the glocks...but I really do and feel comfortable with them as ive shot with them for god knows how long. Everyone has their personal tastes and it just takes some time and "trying on" to find yours! I have to say that the bodyguard is now my preference over the glock!

While none of us wanted to believe Jessica was dismembered I have always felt she was and by the monster who kidnapped her.

And I think the police wanted the community to know it too. At the PC they didnt have to mention that she was not in tact. They easily could have just said 'due to the condition of the body it will take a little longer to get an ID' They want the community to know just how sadistic and dangerous this person is and what he has done to Jessica. They know the more empassioned the citizens are and outraged the more tips they will receive.

If it had been due to animal activity which would be very evident the LE sources would have told the reporters that then.

I think he may have dismembered her because he lives in the close proximity of other homes/apartments where it would be difficult to get a child's body out of the home without being noticed. He used the black garbage bag found at the scene to transport Jessica's remains imo.

Imo, he is local and may be someone who is employed with a company that gave Columbus Day off this past Monday. Such as a city or government worker/postman/garbage collector/water/light and gas divisions/ etc. He would have Friday through Monday to get rid of the evidence. He may live alone or may still live with his mother or he may or may not be married. He may have a workshop of some kind behind his home or a shed. He has been to the crime scene before where Jessica was found maybe flying model airplanes or riding ATVs or maybe on his route when working.

These are just my speculations of course.

What is uncanny to me is in the cases of late where children were kidnapped it is always on a Friday.

IMO

Everything you have posted makes sense.

And wow how terrifying would it be if he was a trash collector... and one of the ones that found the body??? Many of you have mentioned that you think he wants to watch what is happening, what would be a better way? Not saying I believe this but your post just made me think of the possibility! Creepy! I'm sure LE is all over it and covering all possibilities also.

I agree OCB (hello by the way!)

I thought about it and I do still think it's possible that parts of the remains were removed in an attempt to delay ID. But, I also think it's possible that the remains that were left out in the open to the elements may have experienced scavangers that would have further made ID difficult. They used DNA to ID her remains pretty quickly though. Which is the reason I'm thinking this guy isn't too educated. Heck, there are so many forensic shows on TV in the past decade I would wager to say that a good portion of the population knows at least some rudimentary forensic techniques that have come to be used since then.

I get the impression that the body was mutilated not to prevent identification, but rather for matters of "practicality" such as moving and transporting the body/avoiding detection during transportation. I would imagine he knew that DNA testing could be used to ID the body - he may have removed parts of the body to delay (but not ultimately prevent) the ID process or (more likely in my opinion,) the killer was hoping to retain an ace in the hole that would keep the story in the news and ensure that he remains somewhat informed on the progress of the LE investigation.

This doesn't strike me as someone who would dismember the body for sexual (or some other form) stimulation. I believe the troubling contradiction that many of you have identified is significant...why remove body parts and make a half-baked attempt to hide the body if you want the body to be found? I feel the answer lies in the perp's knowledge of and/or connection to the specific location where the body was found - he felt comfortable there and likely knew what he needed to do in order to avoid detection.

I still believe that the body was likely transported a significant distance by foot - I have a hard time believing the killer merely pulled up on the side of the road. If someone were to see something, there is no where to go if you're in a vehicle - there are plenty of places to escape on foot.

You have to be very careful of any service people ,IE repairmen,carpet installers,carpet and furniture cleaners anyone who comes into your home.Most service jobs do not even checkout employees. I have been following crime since 1977, a lot of murders have been committed by people who came into the home and after a job would go back to cause harm.

Pretty alarming that a RSO is in the carpet sales and installation business. He started that business after he was convicted :what:

I get the impression that the body was mutilated not to prevent identification, but rather for matters of "practicality" such as moving and transporting the body/avoiding detection during transportation. I would imagine he knew that DNA testing could be used to ID the body - he may have removed parts of the body to delay (but not ultimately prevent) the ID process or (more likely in my opinion,) the killer was hoping to retain an ace in the hole that would keep the story in the news and ensure that he remains somewhat informed on the progress of the LE investigation.

This doesn't strike me as someone who would dismember the body for sexual (or some other form) stimulation. I believe the troubling contradiction that many of you have identified is significant...why remove body parts and make a half-baked attempt to hide the body if you want the body to be found? I feel the answer lies in the perp's knowledge of and/or connection to the specific location where the body was found - he felt comfortable there and likely knew what he needed to do in order to avoid detection.

I still believe that the body was likely transported a significant distance by foot - I have a hard time believing the killer merely pulled up on the side of the road. If someone were to see something, there is no where to go if you're in a vehicle - there are plenty of places to escape on foot.

Good Morning MisterMayor! (it's morning for me here out in the middle of the pacific ocean :))

You're local to the area if I remember correctly?

If I am remembering correctly that you are I wanted to ask about something I wondered--- how frequented those old bldgs are visited?

I wonder if people stop and get out there all the time? Or was/is it a known hangout for teens and such?

No specific reason other than I'm just trying to get a feel for the area. I haven't been to that area of the country before.

One of our newest members last night said he believed the suspect had walked away or rode his bike from where the backpack was found and I thought, no way. While watching news clips I noticed a male riding his bike where they found her body and I thought it was strange. Hes shown towards the end of the clip.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/11/urgency-apparent-among-law-enforcement-working-jessica-ridgway-case/

((I hurt my back and I have been in bed and on meds)) Maybe its just me.

but rather for matters of "practicality" such as moving and transporting the body/avoiding detection during transportation..

How difficult would it be to move a ten year old child? That's not hard at all unless the killer is puny and fragile. I do not know her weight off hand but I doubt it was 80 pounds.

What new info have I missed today?

Is there any suspect info? I am reading the thread backwards and see mention of a green truck? Has that been confirmed?

Have LE said if Jessica has been completely located? It sickens me to think they are still "searching".

How difficult would it be to move a ten year old child? That's not hard at all unless the killer is puny and fragile. I do not know her weight off hand but I doubt it was 80 pounds.

Probably 80 or so (ETA: Amber Alert says 80...?). My thin almost-10-yr-old is 70-ish. My sturdy, tall 5-yr-old is 60-ish.

Sorry it's on twitter but I don't know how to link from my phone.
I pulled up 2 RSO's in the location and one stands out to me very much. His photo fits the profile we've heard from FBI. He is not your "typical looking" RSO. His appears to be well groomed, nice looking, older and fit. This is all speculation. But the location is Very interesting.

Pretty alarming that a RSO is in the carpet sales and installation business. He started that business after he was convicted :what:

Very alarming! Common sense follows that RSO should never be allowed into peoples homes and we have no way of knowing in most cases.Really horrible if you ask me.Any business or job involving entering a home no RSO should be allowed IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain