CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A search for Jessica began Friday night, and hundreds of people volunteered over the weekend to help look for her in Westminster. A backpack belonging to Jessica was found on a sidewalk near the intersection of Andrew Drive and Alpha Court in Superior's Rock Creek neighborhood, prompting the search to broaden into Boulder County on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/c...-jessica-ridgeway-superior-park#ixzz29DtpKaXS
Coloradodaily.com

Yes, I do believe this guy is playong some games with LE...Superior, Alpha, Andrew...makes me think that backpack was placed in that specific place after some serious thought...just not a coincidence or random toss of the bag.

Interesting observations momtective.

I think it's entirely possible that he is both local and a SK. SK's can go long periods of time in between crimes, or they can be doing it elsewhere as well. Just because there's nothing else this year in the area doesn't necessarily mean both things aren't true. MOO

Here's the thing, it makes it different if she was put in a trashbag and put in the culvert, than just placed where she was found. Putting her where she was found would be blatantly like, "here she is, find her".

SBM

I suddenly wonder if the perp was playing games with himself. He left her uncovered but 20 feet off the road. Perhaps he was saying to himself "wonder if anyone will notice? Maybe it will take a week! Maybe more. Maybe it will never be found there."

Experimenting to see what he can do that will be found.

To expand on the possible significance on where the backpack was left. Alpha, Andrew and Superior.

The remains were found near 82nd & Quaker. Could those streets also signify something? Maybe born in 1982?

I need to figure out how to make a signature for my posts.

Sherie

It is hard for me to believe that he thought removing her head and hands would prevent or seriously delay identification of her remains. It was pretty obvious, immediately, that this was poor little Jessica. Did he really think that LE would be stumped by that?

Maybe he thought he had hidden her well. Maybe he never dreamed they would search where the body was found, since he left the backpack in an opposite direction. (And it does seem as though LE is still searching, so his hiding may have been done well.)

Who knows how this freak thinks?

I still think part of this act was done for ease of transport and/or to minimize being noticed. I think it was "very practical" in his twisted way of thinking.

Dietz was speaking about offenders who murder their child victims, I believe. I don't know if that would make a difference, but perhaps they, the killers, are more 'misfit' looking.

But then there was ted bundy, his last victim was a little girl.

It was a waste collector who found the body? Do they mean garbage man? Was it garbage pick up day on the day Jessica was abducted? Could it be a garbage man> he would not be a suspicious sight.

Good Morning MisterMayor! (it's morning for me here out in the middle of the pacific ocean :))

You're local to the area if I remember correctly?

If I am remembering correctly that you are I wanted to ask about something I wondered--- how frequented those old bldgs are visited?

I wonder if people stop and get out there all the time? Or was/is it a known hangout for teens and such?

No specific reason other than I'm just trying to get a feel for the area. I haven't been to that area of the country before.

Morning...I am not familiar enough with that area to say. I don't know if these outbuildings are riddled with trash and graffiti or very rarely visited and truly abandoned. Based on the proximity to civilization, it's safe to assume they have been explored fairly thoroughly. I don't think it's a place people stop and get out of their vehicles...you're really only accessing those areas if you're hiking in by foot from some sort of trailhead. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!

I remembered this link from another poster (sorry I can't remember the name to give proper credit!) from a couple of threads back. Lots of graffiti (even named one building "Love Shack" apparently) so I would imagine the area is a hangout of sorts.

There are several photos labeled "Pittridge Park" (I know it's misspelled but you can see by the accompanying map that it's the right place) so be sure and look through them all:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19095566

This post is a little graphic & I apoloize-I have been very quite on this case as its touched me a lot-but I just thought of something reading SO's post above-a lot has been said about her being not intact & why did the perp do that to her-could he have done it to get rid of HIS DNA?
I bet his DNA is in the database!!

If he sexually assaulted her, they have his DNA.

To expand on the possible significance on where the backpack was left. Alpha, Andrew and Superior.

The remains were found near 82nd & Quaker. Could those streets also signify something? Maybe born in 1982?

I need to figure out how to make a signature for my posts.

Sherie

Quaker religion,

Maybe he thought he had hidden her well. Maybe he never dreamed they would search where the body was found, since he left the backpack in an opposite direction. (And it does seem as though LE is still searching, so his hiding may have been done well.)

Who knows how this freak thinks?

I still think part of this act was done for ease of transport and/or to minimize being noticed. I think it was "very practical" in his twisted way of thinking.

I agree that we will never be able to understand how this monster thinks. I just hope LE can find him FAST because he is an evil monster and this is very scary.

I hate even saying this, it is so sad. But if the head and hands are missing it might be that he didn't want it to be identified.

I agree but I also think how ridiculous to think if you leave this dismembered body just outside of town that no one will be able to figure it's identity. Like there's so many missing kids that no one could figure which one this one is. Or even if the perp is thinking it might take time. Like what an extra day before the FBI has the bodys identity. Immature thinking, IMO
I wish we knew more. I want to know if back pack was placed before or after body was placed.

For what its worth, I don't think a new serial killer just happened on Jessica and thus begun a spree. Such a short time & space where she could've been abducted. imo. Nor do I think this case is tied to Elizabeth & Lyric.

The only thing that makes sense to me about the location is that he thought it was more isolated than it really is -- thought he was dumping it in a remote location.

Leyden Road was closed for months and reopened only about a week before Jessica disappeared. That the killer chose this spot could indicate a lot of planning, but it's also possible that the killer just got lucky. Heading south on Colorado 93, the killer would have this view of a road passing through a gap in the rocks into darkness.

picture.php

I haven't read entire thread, but I drove past here at about 2:30 today, maybe 2:45, and that area just off 93 was crawling with cars and vans and people in yellow vests and a news truck, don't remember which channel.

There is nothing Alpha, Andrew or Superior about killing an innocent child. Very cowardly and mean like a bully if you ask me.

Did anyone notice the white painted lettering on something near where her body was found? I can't remember what it said. I think it was on the shed?

If he sexually assaulted her, they have his DNA.

Unless he destroyed that part of her body?
IIRC they first said they did not know the gender.
I freaked out at that statement,then i thought more about that.
I am so sorry for thinking this

I think it's entirely possible that he is both local and a SK. SK's can go long periods of time in between crimes, or they can be doing it elsewhere as well. Just because there's nothing else this year in the area doesn't necessarily mean both things aren't true. MOO

This is pure speculation on my part, but we had a 'bank robber' that lived in our neighborhood. He was a well respected retired businessman. He initially robbed banks a few hours away from here, and did not get caught. But then, perhaps out of laziness, he robbed a few local banks and was recognized by a customer in the bank.

So, it is possible, that a local perp was routinely driving out of state to hunt for prey. And for some reason he decided to commit a crime in his own neighborhood this time. Maybe he escalated so quickly that he could not control himself, if he came upon the perfect opportunity.

Unless he destroyed that part of her body?
IIRC they first said they did not know the gender.
I freaked out at that statement,then i thought more about that.
I am so sorry for thinking this

I didn't know at first they didn't know the gender.:what:

Morning...I am not familiar enough with that area to say. I don't know if these outbuildings are riddled with trash and graffiti or very rarely visited and truly abandoned. Based on the proximity to civilization, it's safe to assume they have been explored fairly thoroughly. I don't think it's a place people stop and get out of their vehicles...you're really only accessing those areas if you're hiking in by foot from some sort of trailhead. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!

In the pictures that have been posted and in the aerial map views, it shows that there is a vehicle pull off just beyond where her body was found. Is there some law that keeps people from parking in a pull out for a couple hours and going exploring from there?

If not, then it seems to me that someone could just park in the pull off, go over, under or through the fence and be right there. Carrying a weight of 50 pounds (estimated) for a total of maybe 100 yards wouldn't be that difficult, just brazen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus