CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a RUMOR posted earlier that she had been found inside a pipe.
IF true, that would mean (to me) that he was not displaying her, wanting her to be found, etc...

Either way, I am not convinced he wanted her found easily. Need more info to form that conclusion.

I thought a MSM report said the worker found her in the drain pipe??

I'm wondering if it's possible he carried her through the drainage culvert.:waitasec: Wonder where the other end of that culvert comes out, is it just across the road?

Culvert looks to be very short, 2 or 3 ft diameter, I would think. Not positive, but I don't think it was big enough.

To me, it looks like a great place to pull your car over, take out a bag, and toss it over a fence, get back into car, and continue on. Would take 15 seconds. It is also a spot where people do stop and visit the area, so he wouldn't arouse suspicion by stopping. I myself am not familiar with the area, as I live farther south, but we had places like that where I grew up. Kids would go drink or run around in the dark. In fact, there is a youtube movie (looks to be made for a h.s. film class) with some kids in it ... I don't want to link to it because I don't want to bring them into it, with their real names and whatnot. But it was a spoof of someone scary living there (I didn't watch the whole thing). It isn't remote, but it is in the midst of vast amounts of land, if that makes sense. Here is a view looking south on 93; I think those rocks to the left are where 82nd crosses (so she was found a mile or so to the left/east of those rocks, off a road running perpendicular to 93).

11644904.jpg

IF the killer actually left some kind of messages at some of the crime scenes/locations, where Jessica:

1. was abducted?

2. her backpack was dumped? or inside her backpack?

3. at the location where her body was dumped

I REALLY wish that the police/FBI would share that info with us, because that would narrow down/ point to to a very specific type of killer.

I don't mean that LE have to share the actual message, just share wheter the killer left a message/messages or not, OR in some other way have commuincated with LE.

Yes I agree about being able to go under the fence at that spot. I think it was even mentioned in an article that that was probably what he did. Also that drain pipe goes under the road all the way to the other side of the road. Wonder if it is it big enough to crawl through?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

According to the picture in this post, it looks like maybe you could if you weren't a big person? [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8451664&postcount=80"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8[/ame]

edited to add: I was going to post the link to the photo on the Denver Post website, with the caption about the body, but the picture seems to have been moved or removed and I couldn't find it.

I've missed some information even though I've tried to keep up.When did LE say that this killer was organized?
The reason I ask is that would mean the killer would be less likely to leave behind evidence....I think.
Also can't figure out why the killer would have had to go under the fence to leave the body as it could just as easily been tossed over the fence.

IMO

IF the killer actually left some kind of messages at some of the crime scenes/locations, where Jessica:

1. was abducted?

2. her backpack was dumped? or inside her backpack?

3. at the location where her body was dumped

I REALLY wish that the police/FBI would share that info with us, because that would narrow down/ point to to a very specific type of killer.

I don't mean that LE have to share the actual message, just share wheter the killer left a message/messages or not, OR in some other way have commuincated with LE.

I'm very glad LE is NOT releasing this information. They need to keep this one close to the vest as giving information out could tip off the perpetrator. I am confident they are on this and will not stop until they get Jessica justice. This is personal for them, and I am glad she has them. I am content waiting for them to do their job.

I am confused about the area where the body was found. I keep seeing that it is where you would dump a body if you definitely wanted it found. However, it looks super desolate to me. If I was dumping something I definitely wanted to be found (some even speculated to taunt the community or parents) this is not a place I would choose. Is it a lot less desolate than it seems?

It seems like this strange combination of well-hid and not well-hid. I guess what will also affect that for me is if she was in a bag or blanket or anything.

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. I feel like a more cautious wanting to remain hidden abductor would have made different decisions, but a taunting I want people to find her abductor would have also made different decisions. Maybe interrupted? Or the area has special meaning somehow? Or just plain we don't have all the details yet so we cannot form full theories.

Another possibility, mentioned by someone else (whose nick I cannot remember, sorry) is that the perpetrator has been intensively fantasising about the crime for a long time, years or maybe even decades. He rehearsed every move, every possibility until he had become smooth and proficient... up to a certain point.

It could be that the perpetrator's fantasies had ended at some point, which then left him with the necessity of ad libbing it when that point was reached.

I also think that the area where the remains were found may not look so desolate and isolated to someone familiar with the area. I've lived on the Great Plains all my life and made many trips to the high plains areas as well. To me, there's an obvious attraction right up that not-so-steep hill behind the location the remains were found. That's exactly the sort of place that I have stopped to explore on my trips.

Off topic: don't really care for the mountains, this plains gal was born under a lot of sky and the mountains make me claustrophobic after a few weeks. Give me a big sky and a wide land to let my imagination free and a lot of emptiness to fill my soul.

Darin Moriki ‏@darinmoriki
Shooting star just appeared over #JessicaRidgeway candlelight vigil in Westminster. "If that's not a sign idk what is," organizer says.

What Helinä Häkkänen-Nyholm, Eila Repo-Tiihonen and colleagues did find is that these dismemberment killers were almost twice as likely to have been violent. There was a much higher likelihood of contact with mental health services compared to other homicide offenders. Only one perpetrator of mutilation homicide had never been in contact with psychiatry yet ten out of 14 offenders in the Finnish study had been in-patients.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/the-psychology-of-corpse-dismemberment_b_1577919.html

Violent people are not locked in psychiatric inpatient ward unless they are mentally ill and violent. IOW, plain ol' violent people go to jail, not the locked psych ward.

(I am not making excuses for this monster.)

I've missed some information even though I've tried to keep up.When did LE say that this killer was organized?
The reason I ask is that would mean the killer would be less likely to leave behind evidence....I think.
Also can't figure out why the killer would have had to go under the fence to leave the body as it could just as easily been tossed over the fence.

IMO

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294140/188/Inside-the-mind-of-Jessicas-killer

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...irl-jessica-ridgeway-authorities-confirm?lite

One is a former 25 year homicide detective for the denver PD.. the other is a FBI profiler. But not working on the investigation, but where evidence and remains placed, and assuming they have inside info one being a denver detective and the other being a retired FBI profiler.

BREAKING NEWS: Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is investigating an attempted abduction of a 13-year-old boy tonight. It happened near the 16600 block of W. 2nd. Ave. in Golden. Police are looking for a blue four-door smaller sedan and a man wearing a red jersey.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ilike9news

Here in Colorado there are many areas that have become known as the "urban wilderness interface," where development/housing subdivisions border our national forest or prairie open spaces. They are minutes away from populated areas like Westminster and people drive past areas similar to where the body was found everyday on their way into town to go grocery shopping. You'd never stop there unless you had a reason to do so -- I agree with the poster that said the perp thought he was in a more remote area that he really was. He could have gone another half hour west and would truly have been in a much more desolate, less populated area. Fly with the angels, sweet Jessica...

I just can't believe no one in that neighborhood saw anything, that just amazes me.

Yes and no. People actually don't consciously perceive many, many things...the phenomenon is called attentional blindness.

If you can stand to listen to him, Geraldo is covering this case and the WY case on Fox

My theory on where he left the body is mountain lions. There was a culvert w running water and after the drought conditions and fires, these cats have moved towards water. My son shot 100 lb mt lion a few weeks ago that was near a source of water. Gahhh!!! Sorry to be so blunt, but these cats are seen in neighborhoods regularly after the summer we have had out west.

Again, not to be too graphic, but there is disagreement about whether mountain lions usually feed on prey they have not killed themselves. Most biologists have found that they only scavenge carcasses they killed themselves but there was one (fairly small) experiment in California that showed that the mountain lions in that area would scavenge deer carcasses that were placed in their territory.

All this means nothing if the perp either didn't know much about mountain lions or relied on the California study to make his decision.

Darin Moriki ‏@darinmoriki
Shooting star just appeared over #JessicaRidgeway candlelight vigil in Westminster. "If that's not a sign idk what is," organizer says.

Shine your light Jessica...shine it bright on the monster who did this to you. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong