CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few posters on here who felt the person who murdered Jessica could be a hiker, outdoorman, cyclist, etc. The perp who raped and assaulted the girl from Cody is an outdoorsman, camper, hiker and photographer. It feels right and hopefully, as Clu posted, the police will make a statement about whether this man is related to Jessica's murder. He was on "vacation" during the time she was taken and is familiar with the Estes Park area of Colorado as per his interview on DeviantArt.

Do you have a link? I'd like to see his art ... but I'm not a facebook user.

About 4 days ago I was reading the thread about the little girl that was released by her attacker.One poster said that LE wasn't going to release what the girl did or said in order to get free.I do know that she struck him,but had the sense that there may have been something else that allowed her to be set free or escape.
No link as I have no idea if this info from the poster in that thread is even accurate,and would probably not be able to find that one post even if it were.

IMO

Makes you wonder if the WY girl did something that saved her life. Maybe her fighting back took some of his fun (and I use that word in the most not!fun sense) out of it.

I would fight any legislation to record a child's DNA and fingerprints without that person committing a crime.

So far as chips are concerned, I hope you're aware that the implantable ID chips only have a transmitting radius of a couple inches, at best. Those chips work because they are tiny radio antennas made to broadcast a preset number. The scanner that is used to detect them supplies the energy waves to make the chip broadcast the number.

The reason why the chips are so limited in range is that increasing the range runs into heat generation problems. As in, either the chip burns the area it is implanted into or the energy waves required to supply the energy to get the chip to broadcast burn the body they are pointed at.

bbm
I agree wholeheartedly. There are lots of ways LE can collect my child's DNA and fingerprints from my home if the unthinkable should ever happen. IMHO - there's no need for my child's info to be on "file" with anyone but myself and my husband.

I'm catching up so apologies if this is repeat info but OMG this is frightening. I'm relieved he was found, whether or not it's the photographer guy... it sure is awfully coincidental on many levels. Freaking me out even more (BBM): http://www.ravallirepublic.com/news...cle_8b0216dd-ec11-5d36-b3ec-8ffd0f0f5188.html the statement here was made by FBI agent Dave Joly.

I mean I'm sure they work on more than one missing child case at once but... same FBI agent in both cases?

Just to add a little perspective.

by KULR staff
Story Published: Oct 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM MDT
Story Updated: Oct 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM MDT

While the FBI Denver Division is actively involved in two child abduction investigations, one in Colorado and one in Wyoming, currently we do not believe these crimes are related
http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/FBI...-Wyoming-Child-Abduction-Case--173915751.html

To be honest, with all due respect, that thread is just like this one right now: exploring whether the same suspect is linked to JR and the Cody abduction.

The posts are very similar, and for good reason. The Cody suspect has ties to CO, said online he was going on vacation shortly before the crimes, the crimes occurred within 3 days of each other, and Cody is en route to his current home in Bozemon, Montana if headed back from Westminster/Arvada, CO. This is assuming it is the correct Jesse Paul Speer. I find it all very intriguing just to consider the idea the crimes could be linked.

Yeah, that's my point -- if we could keep it all in one place, it would be easier for everybody to keep track of.

It's Bozeman, not Bozemon. Other sources are saying he was arrested in Belgrade, which is in the same area.

IS THIS A COINCIDENT???

Upper photo is the Jessica Ridgeway crime scene (I mirror/flipped it)
Lower photo is one of Woyming suspects photos
It is number 3 photo in this link: http://www.jessespeer.com/gallery/landscapes-2/

JRCSandJSphoto.jpg

I do NOT belive thise two photos is of the same trees/locations, what I belive is possible is that the killer choose a dumping location that "spoke to him" possibly due to that he previously had created a piece of art of two simelar "fallen trees".
Looking at his photos it seems that he has a thing for dead and fallen trees, not to mention abandoned cabins, mountains and open spaces...

I apologize for missing all sorts of comments, but now I'm a bit lost. Are these photos taken by the person that was arrested for the abduction of the 11 year old girl?

I apologize for missing all sorts of comments, but now I'm a bit lost. Are these photos taken by the person that was arrested for the abduction of the 11 year old girl?

The bottom one was. The top one is the tree near where Jessica was found.

One thing I've been wondering lately is whether Jessica's father has made any enemies who might have wanted to retaliate. (Note that I am in no way blaming the father or suggesting he might be involved.) It seems like that kind of violence against somebody is often to get revenge or retaliate against somebody who's thought to be a snitch.

I cannot remember where I read it but it was a report done either by the FBI or for the FBI.

What I recall is that the most common reason for dismemberment of a body is pragmatic: the perpetrator is trying to evade detection and cannot get rid of the whole body without arousing suspicion (say by neighbours seeing the perp carry out a huge garbage bag or some such thing).

It is a small minority of dismemberment cases where the dismemberment is an important element of the crime to the perpetrator.

I believe that Jessica's backpack was intended to be found but I'm still on the fence about her remains.

Hi. I'm not really new here, but I haven't posted since last year. Back then, I was so worried about Kaylea Wilson in Greeley, CO, whose remains were later found after a big rain.
This is much harder though, because I also live in Westminster, CO. Heavens, the dog park where I go is right across the street from Jessica's neighborhood. I think I even saw her there last spring with her little black and white dog...not sure. And last summer, I had some sessions at a chiropractor's, right down the street from the neighborhood where her back pack was found!

I don't really have any particular insights to offer, except from noticing a few things from the map. If you look at McCaslin Blvd, you'll see that it's a big street that runs north and south through Superior. Then, going south, it runs into 120th. Then with just a little jog to the east, you hit Indiana. Then , it's a straight shot south to 82nd ave and Pattridge Park in Arvada.
I have no real data to base this on, but my feeling is he probably lived near her neighborhood, but had done some work in Superior and Arvada, and appreciated how sparsely populated that whole area is, looking west from Indiana st.
Today, I took some flowers and a sympathy card up to Chelsea Park and I just lost it. But I'm glad I went; maybe all the thousands of sympathetic neighbors will give some comfort to the grieving family.
After driving through the area, a couple of questions occurred to me....
1. Wondering when these houses in her neighborhood were built. Most had 1-car garages, and big trees in the front yards and looked about 1500 sq ft. 1980s? The reason I'm asking has to do with #2.
2. The neighborhood off McCaslin where BP was found. Newer houses? bigger? more expensive?
3. The houses just east of Pattridge Park- on google, they look very big and new and expensive. Does anyone know?

I guess I'm thinking that the perp lives in a modest home, and does some kind of work in the housing industry that lets him drive up and down Indiana to new neighborhoods. The housing crash hit this area pretty hard, and I can just picture someone cruising out through the foothills....
Prayers for her family.

The top photo is from the crime scene in Jessicas case just put into black and white and mirrored. The bottom one was taken by the guy who kidnapped the girl in WY.

When I go to sleep tonight, I already know what I am going to dream. I am going to dream that tomorrow they will announce that they have the abductor from WY, and that he is also responsible for Jessica, and Lyric and Elizabeth. And I will be able to rest much better from then on. I know it's not going to happen, but it can't hurt to hope.

Not to burst your bubble, but even if that should come to pass, little Isabel Celis desperately needs to be found. I think of her every day, as well as Lisa Irwin. :( Sorry to be a downer...

final warning: speculation about the suspect's friends and relatives stops here!

Do you know for certain that the browsers with the blocked ads do not get counted in the number if times the ads are seen? I did not know this... Have been blocking ads on my main computer for years (and was thinking of finding a suitable ad locker for my iPad "if there's an app for that")

I do not know that for certain.

I do know for certain that, were I an advertiser, I would figure out some way to do it. I wouldn't want to pay for advertising that was not being seen.

ETA: I'm a big believer in paying for what I get, which is why I've paid for and why I never complain about advertising on an otherwise free site that I use.

I'm certain that the majority of WS'ers feel the same way. We're an stand up bunch of people, it seems to me.

LE & everyone should be looking for someone who's housing mates (wife, GF, family) traveled on the 10/5-7 weekend and maybe other weekends this fall.

also, housing mates who've come home to an extra clean bathroom, garage, shed etc...

Seems our boy had tentitus; collector of tents. His ritual grounds/safe haven would have been located deep in a primitive forest, as it was in Cody, Wyoming.. imo..

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.speer
Jesse Speer
September 28
<MODSNIP>

IS THIS A COINCIDENT???

Upper photo is the Jessica Ridgeway crime scene (I mirror/flipped it)
Lower photo is one of Woyming suspects photos
It is number 3 photo in this link: http://www.jessespeer.com/gallery/landscapes-2/

JRCSandJSphoto.jpg

I do NOT belive thise two photos is of the same trees/locations, what I belive is possible is that the killer choose a dumping location that "spoke to him" possibly due to that he previously had created a piece of art of two simelar "fallen trees".
Looking at his photos it seems that he has a thing for dead and fallen trees, not to mention abandoned cabins, mountains and open spaces...

I think that's a bit of a stretch, personally. These photos look *a little bit* similar only because the first was altered into a high contrast black and white shot and flipped to match the scene. These kind of photos are super common - as are dead and fallen trees.

No offense intended!

I keep thinking of a ptofiler saying the perp was ugly, well not ugly but not exactly good looking, KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74