"Lost" Actor (51) Marries 16 YR Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call my husband Daddy all the time, and he's two years younger than me. I think they are a train wreck but this is just dumb. LOL

The less attention this pair receives, the sooner they will go away. Not an easy task...we all look at train wrecks, even if we're told to ignore.

She looks more like a stage-mother concoction than a victim of abuse to me. She has been WELL-trained, and so far it's all working for her.

I put her in the same camp with others of her ilk, such as Kardashians...all show, no substance.

FAR more important issues warrant our attention. Vigilance rather than complacency.

Oh WELL...:::sigh:::

~jmo~

I think this girl has serious issues (like most of us here). Did anyone notice when she came in wearing her pj's (if you wanna call them that) she said something about the "mansion"? Is she playing she's like one of Hef's girls at the Playboy Mansion? Does she think she's gonna become a star like Kendra and Holly? I don't know what's going on with her but the more I see her on the show the more disturbed I am by her behavior and not just because she's married to a gross old man. Why is that Shayne, Nic and the counselor are the only ones that are really disturbed by her.

BTW, I've always thought Shayne was beautiful and I'm starting to like Nic (even though I don't agree with his website). I hope they make it work.

I always wondered if this young lady didn't fall on the histrionic PD scale somewhere.

I have watched the VH1 show with Courtney and Doug.Courtney is no victim. She may be young but she is calculating and she wants attention and fame and she wants it NOW. She is willing to manipulate whoever she has to in order to get it.

She absolutely dresses like she does to get the reactions that she does and then enjoys the drama it causes. Doug is just a dumb pawn to her, just a stepping stone for her to get the attention that she feels she deserves.

Courtney admits to still talking to old boyfriends. I have no doubt she would ditch Doug if someone with more fame came along. Then she would leave him, dish the details (with her as the poor victim, of course) and continue her quest to stay in the limelight. She is anything but the victim.

I'm with Shayne and Nic on their objections to Courtney and Doug (so far, anyways). Courtney and Doug are not there to save their relationship, they are there to bring the drama, Courtney even said so.

Maybe the other couples are just ignoring Courtney's obvious state of undress, not sure why they have not objected. Frankly, having been in group settings and dealing with people who have issues, Courtney should not be allowed to dress this way because it is provocative and simply causes more problems. In the groups of people I have worked with, she would have been confronted for being purposely being provocative and seductive.

From your link.

Dr. Jenn asks why, since Courtney was legally a child, they didn’t wait until she was 21 to get together.

“I wasn’t thinking responsibly,” Doug said. “To be fair, I truly wasn’t thinking responsibly. I was thinking with my heart.”

Is his heart between his legs?

I have watched the VH1 show with Courtney and Doug.Courtney is no victim. She may be young but she is calculating and she wants attention and fame and she wants it NOW. She is willing to manipulate whoever she has to in order to get it.

She absolutely dresses like she does to get the reactions that she does and then enjoys the drama it causes. Doug is just a dumb pawn to her, just a stepping stone for her to get the attention that she feels she deserves.

Courtney admits to still talking to old boyfriends. I have no doubt she would ditch Doug if someone with more fame came along. Then she would leave him, dish the details (with her as the poor victim, of course) and continue her quest to stay in the limelight. She is anything but the victim.

I'm with Shayne and Nic on their objections to Courtney and Doug (so far, anyways). Courtney and Doug are not there to save their relationship, they are there to bring the drama, Courtney

Maybe the other couples are just ignoring Courtney's obvious state of undress, not sure why they have not objected. Frankly, having been in group settings and dealing with people who have issues, Courtney should not be allowed to dress this way because it is provocative and simply causes more problems. In the groups of people I have worked with, she would have been confronted for being purposely being provocative and seductive.

Great post! Histrionic and Borderline comes to mind when I see this girl.

Great post! Histrionic and Borderline comes to mind when I see this girl.

I agree. And if we were to put those on a scale of 1-10 this girl is rockin' a solid 9.

I had no idea who CS was until I saw her on VH1's "Couples Therapy" ... They must be DESPERATE for a reality show to pick one that's for couples who have been married/together for YEARS and having serious trouble in their relationships. If they are sooo "happy" in their marriage, why the need for televised therapy?? OH YEAH that's right> they need help because of all the big meanies out there who call him a pedophile and her a *advertiser censored*! I think both got exactly what they wanted from each other... for the time being. She is using him for money and fame-by-association and for his Hollywood pull, which I suspect is not nearly as strong as she and her parents think it is; he is a semi-known (by H'wood standards, as in- he's no Brad Pitt or even Justin Bieber!) character actor. He admits that he's been divorced and struggled with alcoholism- I think he got addicted to getting attention from her, just like a drug. And of course all the press they're getting (even if negative) doesn't seem to hurt; all the more better to launch her career! According to her Youtube "cyberbullying" video (posted a few pages back), she claims to be a singer/songwriter/model... oh, and using Courtney's own words, she is also an "inspiring actress"!! NOT "aspiring" but "inspiring" HA! That gaffe alone said a LOT about her intelligence, in my opinion. That low-budget "video" she made in the crappy (for a video) boat, in that crappy-looking lake, was a riot! Her "singing" was more like croaking, even with all the auto-tune; she made even Countess LuAnn from the Real Housewives sound like a pro! Well, she's 18 now- I bet as soon as she's offered a lucrative SOLO deal, her marriage will fall apart in a matter of weeks. Stay tuned, if you can stomach the notion!:floorlaugh:

He can't handle being away from her so this is what he did to deal with the anxiety: (due to labor laws, since she was 17 at the time, child labor laws meant she couldn't stay the night at the house)

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/850742/creation-in-progress.jhtml

It almost sounds like the counselor is talking to a child! I was waiting for her to pat him on the head and tell him that he could have a cookie, or something. ick.

I couldn't listen to sound because I'm at work but I laughed (internally) when I saw that stupid mural. This guy is gross and twisted. IMO

I'm with Shayne and Nic on their objections to Courtney and Doug (so far, anyways). Courtney and Doug are not there to save their relationship, they are there to bring the drama, Courtney even said so.

I completely agree. This is not a normal teenage twit, in the least bit. She is very very smart for her age. She is definitely calculating, manipulative and in fact, I do believe she wears the pants in that relationship. It appears that whatever she says goes and he really does not have a say in things. I think she KNOWS that he has no one besides her, as it's been stated that practically everyone in his life has abandoned him because of his decision to marry her. I personally would never condone two people so different in age getting married but I am not one to judge. I do however think that she has a reason for being with him and it has nothing to do with "love".

I completely agree. This is not a normal teenage twit, in the least bit. She is very very smart for her age. She is definitely calculating, manipulative and in fact, I do believe she wears the pants in that relationship. It appears that whatever she says goes and he really does not have a say in things. I think she KNOWS that he has no one besides her, as it's been stated that practically everyone in his life has abandoned him because of his decision to marry her. I personally would never condone two people so different in age getting married but I am not one to judge. I do however think that she has a reason for being with him and it has nothing to do with "love".

BBM, I know what you meant when you said that but in light of the fact that barely wears clothes at all, I had to laugh.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I don't know why I find this so funny. I mean, it was clear that she married him because she loved him so much, not for anything he could do for her or anything like that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Is nothing sacred anymore?!?!? How can I EVER, EVER believe in true love again :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288