CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look like a person, but I was also wondering if it was just that one of the investigators had removed a coat and hung it on the branches out of the way.

I don't think so. Here's the original without the circle

Ridgeway_Tree.jpg

Yes. There's a depression in the ground at the end of the fallen tree. There appears to be a man wearing a trench coat standing in that area. Perhaps I'm halucinating ... seeing what I want to see ... what do you think?
I think you are right. At this link is a series of pictures, and there IS a man with that color coat in many of the pics.
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=293754

You can see in other pics in this sequence, there is nothing there in the tree until that picture. Looks like he is looking for clues.

Never knew this database existed. Interesting.
Salem, can I start a thread in pet corner with this site?
Posters might like to look up crimes in their area and discuss prevention.

It's a good tool, but there is a lot that it misses in my area and they aren't real good about updating even when you do send them in, although i know they try very hard :)

I had the feeling he left the area.Booked and ran and possibly abandoned his car somewhere? Colorado? Different state? I'm keeping my ears open for any more attempted abductions or murder in another state.I'm still thinking he was possibly from around Arvada somewhere.He's starting to sound disorganized and younger to me.20 to 30?

I personally think he may have gone back to college....

I think you are right. A this link is a series of pictures, and there IS a man with that color coat in many of the pics.

You can see in other pics in this sequence, there is nothing there in the tree until that picture. Looks like he is looking for clues.

Thank you! It is also clear that the light is not focused on the tree truck, or the depression at the end of the tree. It is directly across from the culvert, and people can also be seen near the culvert. Maybe she was alive until she arrived at that location.

I think you are right. A this link is a series of pictures, and there IS a man with that color coat in many of the pics.

I think there are at least 2 people in the tree in the photo above. At the link you provided, one of the photos shows 2 people walking across the field. Looks like something on the ground to the right of the man in the trench coat in the photo where they're in the tree. IDK, maybe just the light from his flashlight?

I didn't find much on a cross-reference. I did discover, though, that there is a maid service operating in Westminster. That really got me thinking.

I didn't find much on a cross-reference. I did discover, though, that there is a maid service operating in Westminster. That really got me thinking.

Maid service, thinking? Tell us more...

There's not much to tell. A maid service would put someone in the neighborhood with a temporary home and a work vehicle. This person would have hours to commit a horrible crime and would have access to many things, including rubber gloves and trash bags.

It might be far-fetched. I'm sure police have checked to find out which neighbors had visitors that morning.

Maid service where jealous boyfriend is hanging around the neighborhood while his temporary, local girlfriend pays his rent?

If something like that happened, or if it was a roofer hustling work in the neighborhood ... then Jessica may have recognized her abductor prior to being abducted, but too late to do anything about it.

I think there are at least 2 people in the tree in the photo above. At the link you provided, one of the photos shows 2 people walking across the field. Looks like something on the ground to the right of the man in the trench coat in the photo where they're in the tree. IDK, maybe just the light from his flashlight?
You are also correct. I found a video a little while ago (Why don't I bookmark these things?) that showed the two men walking around the end of the tree. Earlier in the video, one man was inspecting around and looking in the drain pipe, and the two aforementioned men were minutely inspecting the area where the body was found. It was on the 9news site somewhere. I will see if I can find it.

Got it:
http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1892927980001

can you elaborate on this? are you thinking this perp was involved with the woman with post partum psychosis and did this to retaliate if she killed his child?

No. That post was explaining more about the house NEAR where the backpack was found. Older case about a infant murder by the mom. Someone asked about the dad.

Are there open mines in the area that a body could be placed? I am trying to reconcile why a body would be left out on the side of the road in an area with old mines. Can you not get to the old mines? Are they sealed up?

I would guess they are sealed because apparently they are now storing natural gas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyden,_Colorado

I've not been down Leyden Dr personally because it was closed all summer, so I don't know for sure.

Is the donated money to the family going to be used as a reward for find the killer of Jessica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod