CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it was in a news video clip. a neighbor of the site where Jessica was found saw a green truck parked and a man walking down there where he never sees anyone walking. he'd never seen the truck or the guy before and he said he knows pretty much everyone who walks down there.
we found a green truck in google across from Jessica's house.

So... the Google photographers happened to be there the only day that the truck's ever been there? Other than the day of Jessica's disappearance?

Maid service where jealous boyfriend is hanging around the neighborhood while his temporary, local girlfriend pays his rent?

If something like that happened, or if it was a roofer hustling work in the neighborhood ... then Jessica may have recognized her abductor prior to being abducted, but too late to do anything about it.

You lost me. What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about a girlfriend nor anything about paying rent.

And roofers don't really hustle for work. The receive calls and bid on jobs. They're not going to be out at 7 a.m. knocking on doors to ask people if they want to get their roof fixed.

It was 49F the night that Jessica's body was discovered, Wednesday, October 10. Is it warmer now? 29-32F the night of October 5, when she was abducted? Warm in the days leading up to her abduction? Was he expecting it to get cold that night, or was he put in a position of being outside in the cold that night?

If I lived there, I would be paying attention to anyone that was very interested in discussing the case, but who was at the same time a little uncomfortable around others. If he had particularly cold hands after the first winter storm, I would pay more attention. Roofers and construction workers all have gloves, but this particular guy would have had to replace his gloves and at least one cutting tool (eg: axe). He may have worn a garbage bag to keep the blood off of him, so he may not need to replace clothing.

I would guess they are sealed because apparently they are now storing natural gas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyden,_Colorado

I've not been down Leyden Dr personally because it was closed all summer, so I don't know for sure.

Did it open the week before Jessica was abducted, and are there residential access roads that were still open while the road was closed?

Is the donated money to the family going to be used as a reward for find the killer of Jessica?

Should it?

It is not a fact that a reward makes any difference. I think that any donations should be given directly to the family for funeral costs and helping mom get back on her feet.

Is the donated money to the family going to be used as a reward for find the killer of Jessica?

Yes. Her family said they would use fund to pay for Jessica's memorial service, then the rest would go towards the investigation. It's mentioned on her Facebook site.

So I had been reading some of the posts, post Peters profile. Some have made some interesting statements. Specificly the roof repair's from out of state companies. That adds an interesting spin to things.

How long do these roof repair companies stay in and around Denver? Are there still companies currently operating? I Imagin they do multiple neighborhood's and areas. I am wondering if Jessicas area had been done already? I am wondering this, because let's say Peter is right in thinking they may have had met prior and had some sort of relationship. I have never been in contact with a pedophile that I know of, and I don't have any child friends. How long would it take to establish in relationship with a kid? The reason why I ask, if he had done work in the area earlier on in the early to mid summer he would of had a chance to make contact and start to stalk her.

One thing I wonder though, is this.. Where do these guys stay? Because you would have to assume he would need private time with Jessica and then after with the body. So.. that is a lot of alone time for someone out of state to do this kind of extensive violence. I guess its possible he could rent a home or apartment. He would also more than likely need access to the internet, to map out his area, check other RSO in the area, etc.

It does make sense in that time frame it was rainy, maybe light snow and cold. Because with wheather like that I Imagin most roofers would get the day off. So that would make sense given the fact wheather was unstable.

Also the body, I have seen people suggest he didn't want it found. I disagree with that. Not far passed that area is very very rural and into the Mtns. If I am not mistaken. So if he really wanted the body not to be found, he could just take the body to the mtns burry it in a secluded area, never to be found.

The one thing I disagree with Peter on, is Peter says there didn't appear to be a blatant taunt. I think placing the backpack where he did was a taunt. I guess I could be wrong, but why else place it there? Other than trying to trick police/FBI.

I am of the opinion, he wanted the body and backpack to be found. It is risky yes. But he lessened the risk by dumping the body where he did, an area that is sorta rural but enough people in the area for someone to find it. If he didn't want her or her backpack found, he could of found ways to destroy both. Rather than leaving both out the open.

I sent a message, regarding these facts. Hoping for a reply maybe tomorrow. I asked him if he wanted to pop in and discuss other aspects of the possible personality of this monsters. Hopfully he can make time to pop in, and participate.

Just a reminder that this video is not MSM and it is not allowed here. My understanding of the video it that it is some kind of sick spoof. Please correct me if I'm wrong and we will reconsider this.

Thanks,

Salem

You are wrong.
the video the OP was posting about was just a bad compilation of photos taken from MSM.

Please keep in mind Salem's post a page or so back....unless it's a video from MSM it's not allowed on WS.

So I had been reading some of the posts, post Peters profile. Some have made some interesting statements. Specificly the roof repair's from out of state companies. That adds an interesting spin to things.

How long do these roof repair companies stay in and around Denver? Are there still companies currently operating? I Imagin they do multiple neighborhood's and areas. I am wondering if Jessicas area had been done already? I am wondering this, because let's say Peter is right in thinking they may have had met prior and had some sort of relationship. I have never been in contact with a pedophile that I know of, and I don't have any child friends. How long would it take to establish in relationship with a kid? The reason why I ask, if he had done work in the area earlier on in the early to mid summer he would of had a chance to make contact and start to stalk her.

One thing I wonder though, is this.. Where do these guys stay? Because you would have to assume he would need private time with Jessica and then after with the body. So.. that is a lot of alone time for someone out of state to do this kind of extensive violence. I guess its possible he could rent a home or apartment. He would also more than likely need access to the internet, to map out his area, check other RSO in the area, etc.

It does make sense in that time frame it was rainy, maybe light snow and cold. Because with wheather like that I Imagin most roofers would get the day off. So that would make sense given the fact wheather was unstable.

Also the body, I have seen people suggest he didn't want it found. I disagree with that. Not far passed that area is very very rural and into the Mtns. If I am not mistaken. So if he really wanted the body not to be found, he could just take the body to the mtns burry it in a secluded area, never to be found.

The one thing I disagree with Peter on, is Peter says there didn't appear to be a blatant taunt. I think placing the backpack where he did was a taunt. I guess I could be wrong, but why else place it there? Other than trying to trick police/FBI.

I am of the opinion, he wanted the body and backpack to be found. It is risky yes. But he lessened the risk by dumping the body where he did, an area that is sorta rural but enough people in the area for someone to find it. If he didn't want her or her backpack found, he could of found ways to destroy both. Rather than leaving both out the open.

I sent a message, regarding these facts. Hoping for a reply maybe tomorrow. I asked him if he wanted to pop in and discuss other aspects of the possible personality of this monsters. Hopfully he can make time to pop in, and participate.

It takes about 30 seconds to know a child's name, and after that the adult/child relationship is established. Children are conditioned by the school system to give their name to adults.

Roofers follow hailstorms and join local crews ... the work is covered by local insurance claims ... the roofers probably rent a shared space with local students or youth for a couple of months, and then they move on to the next job.

Regarding the location of Jessica's remains, it's possible that the culvert seemed like a good enough, isolated place. Who was counting on trash collectors cleaning up the area a week after the road re-opened?

He wanted the backpack to be found ... but why? Was he only interested in making a statement, was he lost and desperate (not likely). Did people in Superior have their rooves redone this past summer?

I think I'm finally caught up again, for a minute or two. I had a few ideas about possible occupations for the perp that I haven't seen mentioned yet.
A school bus driver who wasn't working that day (or had quit or been fired). Even though she hadn't ridden a bus since the year before last, there were possibly buses that passed her while she was walking, and the driver could still remember her name.
Park maintenance would possibly see her walking her dog and/or walking to and from school while he was doing things like cutting grass, trimming hedges, picking up trash, etc.
It took too long to catch up, I forgot the rest! Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.

I was also wondering if the damage to her body could have been to make it more compact. If he had a large tool box in the back of his pickup, he could have put her in the trash bag to keep from making a mess in there and then put her in the box. I know the one similar case I'm familiar with (he was a friend of one of my relatives) was dismembered so he would fit into a duffel bag they used for his body. I think the dump site was chosen because it was in a spot where he could see headlights if anyone was coming, but nobody in a neighboring house would see him when he stopped there. It's possible that either the white car by the bridge or the green pickup that were seen there, or maybe another vehicle nobody saw, may have been him checking for the perfect place to stop.

I am a few pages back, so some of my questions may have already been answered so I apologize in advance. Just a couple things that bother me.

1. We know that the school called mom several times during the day. Here, we get an automated message at night letting us know our student wasn't in school that day. Usually around 5 pm. Regardless, anyone who had a student in that area or worked for the school would know that they start calling first thing in the morning. So, if it was random, ie someone who didn't know that mom slept in the am and turned off her phone, we can rule out those with children in school and school workers. Why take the chance you will only have an hour or so?

2. Where the body was found...I don't know much about Colorado, have never been there. Repeatedly it has been discussed the number of coyote and wildlife in the open spaces and they tend to go into those culverts. If it is so dark on that road and the person tried to do so with no lights, would a coyote attack a person? Without lights on the person would not be able to see the wildlife, so he is taking a big chance if its possible. So there would have to been some light. Dusk, dawn? How traveled is that road? The area in general? In our area, from 6 am to 830 am and again in the afternoon there roads are very traveled due to commuters, even the backroads.

I keep logging on each morning before work hoping there is good news and someone has been caught. I continue to pray that the responsible party is caught soon. Jessica's family is never far from my prayers or mind.

Kelly

Here's what happens to those caught in SD kidnapping, molesting and killing innocent human beings:

http://www.keloland.com/videoarchive/index.cfm?VideoFile=121015robert

At 10:00pm last night they executed Roberts for killing one of our prison guards a little over a year ago and Donald Moeller is going to be executed in two weeks for kidnapping, molesting and killing a nine year old back in 1990. The video is on page three.

So... the Google photographers happened to be there the only day that the truck's ever been there? Other than the day of Jessica's disappearance?

The google street view image from Jessica's street shows a pale mint green older Suburban, not a pickup truck, proper. It's also dated from September 2007, so not sure how relevant that would be or not, without a better description.

Do people in CO refer to SUVs as "trucks"? (I'm being serious... where I come from, everyone calls anything that isn't a car a "rig"!)

Should it?

It is not a fact that a reward makes any difference. I think that any donations should be given directly to the family for funeral costs and helping mom get back on her feet.

Otto, rewards do make a difference, as does awareness as in the recent Mickey Shunick(LA) investigation:

http://www.katc.com/news/new-detail...nting-in-mickey-shunick-case/#!prettyPhoto/0/
Mickey Shunick case

RE: Rewards:
http://www.crimestoppersusvi.org/howitworks.aspx
(snipped)
Does Crime Stoppers Work?

The answer, quite simply, is YES.
But the success of a Crime Stoppers program is more than just in the statistics. Other benefits enjoyed by communities with successful Crime Stoppers include:

A greater awareness in the community that there is a crime problem.
A willingness within the community to fight back against crime.
Improved relationships between the community, media and police.
The cooperative effort becomes a significant deterrent to crime

not to take this way off topic....but to be fair in the gun debate, one must post the statistics of all the legal gun holders who have NEVER killed someone by accident or on purpose. then please go and post all the statistics on people who kill with knives and other objects verse people who own knives and baseball bats and other objects who never have killed.

that site, as many like them, are VERY skewed and present a very false represenation of legal gun owners.

:) ~a proud carrying and responsible gun owner.

I was answering the original claim: that no concealed carry permit holder had ever killed anyone for any reason except self defence.

I believe I made my refutation to that particular claim.

The google street view image from Jessica's street shows a pale mint green older Suburban, not a pickup truck, proper. It's also dated from September 2007, so not sure how relevant that would be or not, without a better description.

Do people in CO refer to SUVs as "trucks"? (I'm being serious... where I come from, everyone calls anything that isn't a car a "rig"!)

Good question. I'm not sure about CO, but both my husband and I along with our families refer to SUVs as trucks. Though, if I were asked to give a description of one in the disappearance of someone, I would refer to it as an SUV.

yes, it was in a news video clip. a neighbor of the site where Jessica was found saw a green truck parked and a man walking down there where he never sees anyone walking. he'd never seen the truck or the guy before and he said he knows pretty much everyone who walks down there.
we found a green truck in google across from Jessica's house.

Can you post the link to where you saw this green truck in front of Jessica's. Thank you

I am a few pages back, so some of my questions may have already been answered so I apologize in advance. Just a couple things that bother me.

1. We know that the school called mom several times during the day. Here, we get an automated message at night letting us know our student wasn't in school that day. Usually around 5 pm. Regardless, anyone who had a student in that area or worked for the school would know that they start calling first thing in the morning. So, if it was random, ie someone who didn't know that mom slept in the am and turned off her phone, we can rule out those with children in school and school workers. Why take the chance you will only have an hour or so?

2. Where the body was found...I don't know much about Colorado, have never been there. Repeatedly it has been discussed the number of coyote and wildlife in the open spaces and they tend to go into those culverts. If it is so dark on that road and the person tried to do so with no lights, would a coyote attack a person? Without lights on the person would not be able to see the wildlife, so he is taking a big chance if its possible. So there would have to been some light. Dusk, dawn? How traveled is that road? The area in general? In our area, from 6 am to 830 am and again in the afternoon there roads are very traveled due to commuters, even the backroads.

I keep logging on each morning before work hoping there is good news and someone has been caught. I continue to pray that the responsible party is caught soon. Jessica's family is never far from my prayers or mind.

Kelly

Is it possible he wore night vision goggles to manouver about in the dark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe