CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, but isn't this a different version. I thought he talked to a friend who told him the name on the bottle was of the missing JR. I also thought the friend posted the message. Am I completely out of the loop? tia

From memory only: I think it was a friend who pointed out the *significance* of the name to him.

I hate to say this, but isn't this a different version. I thought he talked to a friend who told him the name on the bottle was of the missing JR. I also thought the friend posted the message. Am I completely out of the loop? tia

The guy posted the message on the ListServ (the one shown in ottos's post) and someone else posted a reply saying that that is the missing girl and the person who found it should call the police. That may be what you are thinking of as the "friend" saying something.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think my greater point was missed in that, just a random backpack outside would be noticed and reported especially if it was 5 days after she was missing and the whole city knew she was missing. The entire point in bringing up terrorism was that EVEN if people didn't know she was missing you would think they would be vigilant enough to realize the backpack was out of place. My statement was merely a reason why I believe that the backpack was left after the fact not something dumped and not found for 5 days. When I search for lost dogs I not only walk the area but I also drive every road in the area so even search and rescue and people wanting to help would have driven down this street.

Respectfully, I think you have some of the facts mixed up.

The backpack was seen at approximately 1:00 am on Sunday 7 October by the homeowner whose house it was next to. He thought it had been left by a neighbourhood child, so he didn't do anything about it until he posted a 'found' notice on the neighbourhood listserv, which is when someone on the listserv alerted him to the significance of the name.

Jessica disappeared at approximately 8:30 am on Friday 5 October.

So the backpack was left just over a day and a half after Jessica disappeared.

There is a designated open area between Westminster (where Jessica disappeared) and Superior (where the backpack was found). I think the geography of the area led area people to think it was something that was centred on Westminster with no reason to think there would be a Superior connection.

The initial LE perimeter was a 5 mile radius from Jessica's house; the backpack was just over 6 miles from Jessica's house, so just outside the search perimeter.

From memory only: I think it was a friend who pointed out the *significance* of the name to him.

And he did that on the ListServ itself, not in a separate conversation. This is based on the post by Zola, which showed the written exchange lifted from the ListServ messages.

I don't think it matters whether person A or B posted the message. There is no connection between the person that posted the message and the murder of Jessica.

I agree. Sometimes I have gone months without really paying attention to local news, then I pick up a paper and read about bodies found in the river, severed hands found in alleys, patients escaping from mental hospitals, children being beaten to death, all while I was in blissful ignorance. . .

Canadian?

Her mom was probably the "witness" they referred to. Other people who thought they saw her later realized they were mistaken.

You're welcome to believe unsubstantiated stuff all you want, but it's not possible for the rest of us to provide proof that will convince you if you're that determined. As far as the officially released info and timeline goes, no one else saw her.

BBM, your judgement, not at all everyone's. the reason LE would even bring up the fact that someone attested to seeing her was to alert the press that they are not leaning to suspect the initial story. I find it extremely unlikely that they would describe what Mom told them in the words used in the quote.

As far as my believing "unsubstantiated stuff", oh, please. I tend to believe what LE says in a press conference over what is posted on a message board. I actually listened to that press conference, and It was after the initial confusion of the original scanner details...

So, sorry, but you have not yet provided any evidence as of yet that there was not a witness as stated by LE. I wish you would, as I am open minded, but I do rely on facts, not personal judgement.

http://www.dailycamera.com/superior...ase-neighbor-noticed-backpack-superior-street

He said he and his wife did not remember seeing the backpack when they left their house at the intersection of Andrew Drive and Alpha Court earlier in the evening -- around 6:45 p.m. -- on Saturday.

The next morning, the man said he noticed the bag was still there and he and a neighbor checked it out. He said the backpack appeared to have been placed deliberately in a standing-up position on the sidewalk rather than tossed haphazardly.
"Just like you'd set a bag down," he said.

The bag had a keychain with the name "Jessica" on it, as well as a water bottle bearing her name, he said.

Neither he nor his neighbor recognized the name, so his neighbor simply sent an e-mail to a town listserv shortly after 1 p.m. Sunday with a message bearing the subject line "Children's Back Pack Found." The message read: "Found this morning on the side walk at Andrew Drive and Alpha Court. Water bottle has 'Jessica Ridgeway' name on it. Come and get it."

Someone then replied to the e-mail pointing out the backpack's significance, and, according to police, the e-mailer called 911 to report it.

That's what I thought I heard too.

Canadian?

Haha--if I were Canadian, they probably wouldn't be allowed to print that stuff in the local paper! :)

Maybe I'm just aware of things but if I knew someone was missing and I saw a backpack at 12am and checked it out the next morning I would have thought it was odd not just someone leaving it.

Since the homeowner did not know that Jessica Ridgeway was missing, his lack of alarm over seeing it seems very understandable to me.

BBM, your judgement, not at all everyone's. the reason LE would even bring up the fact that someone attested to seeing her was to alert the press that they are not leaning to suspect the initial story. I find it extremely unlikely that they would describe what Mom told them in the words used in the quote.

As far as my believing "unsubstantiated stuff", oh, please. I tend to believe what LE says in a press conference over what is posted on a message board. I actually listened to that press conference, and It was after the initial confusion of the original scanner details...

So, sorry, but you have not yet provided any evidence as of yet that there was not a witness as stated by LE. I wish you would, as I am open minded, but I do rely on facts, not personal judgement.

A woman in Maine claimed that she saw Jessica in the back seat of a car. She was considered a witness until Jessica's backpack was found ... and then her body. After that, this "witness" sighting was pretty much ruled out.

http://q961.com/missing-colorado-girl-jessica-ridgeway-spotted-in-dexter-maine/

I find that I've hit kind of a "grumpy" or "snarky" stage regarding this case. I will read and follow along but keep myself from posting anything snarky.

I have tried looking to see if the anyone mentioned that maybe the cross was a Vacation bible school craft? Looks like something we might have done in VBS- maybe a counselor or older student?

Just an ideas as I'm trying to get and stay caught up.

Few things? Has it been discussed if Jessica's mother had a boyfriend? We know the dad lived in Missouri and was at work and in court on that day. They ruled out the mother also. Did/does she have a boyfriend/lover?

Also the listserv message is chilling to me. Not because I think the guy did it. Just the way it's worded. Backpack with Jessica Ridgeway on it. Come and get it.

This was sent at Sunday at 1pm. The man went over 40 hours not knowing a girl was abducted just 6 miles from his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner