CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.9news.com/rss/article/29...een?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Parents remain vigilant as Halloween approaches

KUSA - On Sunday, parents took their young children to a "stranger danger" class - and then to a daytime Halloween event across town.

At Colorado Krav Maga Sunday morning, instructor Shannon Hiromasa stood in front of a group of children as she gave them tips on being safe around strangers.
The children sat cross-legged as parents lined the walls.
Lisa Lawson took her 10-year-old daughter to the class.

Jessica Ridgeway was also 10.

"It's really scary," Lawson said. "I used to feel safe sending my kids around the block. Now, I don't."

I feel for this community.. It reminds me of when a serial killer was on the loose in. My area many moons ago... I had bad dreams many nights!

JMO

I was just looking at a new photo essay at Denver Post and noticed the captions on the photos.

2 of 10
At 8:30 a.m. Oct. 5, Jessica left to meet a friend and walk to school. Her regular route on Moore Street passes wooden fences and modest homes spaced close together.

3 of 10
Just around a corner from the Ridgeway home, about 100 yards away, Chelsea Park was a place Jessica would often meet classmates who then walked together to school. But on Oct. 5, her plans were different.

4 of 10
It was cold on Oct. 5. Before leaving home, Jessica had called a friend of hers. She arranged to meet at him at his house, no more than a five-minute walk from hers.

5 of 10
The boy and his father waited for Jessica. She never arrived. At 8:40 a.m., with 10 minutes until the bell rang, the man drove his son to school.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/photos-she-walked-out-the-door-and-she-was-gone/#name here

As you can see above, I was composing a post surrounding similar information when this post was made.
(*removing my false claim about the day in which dad said he drove his son to school) The boy said he walked with Jessica on Friday; the dad said his son walked with Jessica on Thursday and that he drove his son to school on Friday because Jessica never showed up by 8:40 a.m.

There has never been anything that said Jessica was to walk to someone's house to meet - only that they were to meet at the park nearby Jessica's house.

Please provide a link to any official source to support your claim. If there is one, I've missed it. Thank you.

Noticed Scrapbooker's Total Posts on Websleuths today...Amazing!

Websleuths » Stats
Members: 53,072
Threads: 156,937
Top Poster: scrapbooker (319,295)
Welcome to our newest member, Algie533

omg. that is impressive.

i've been part of another messageboard since 2002 and post A LOT, and I don't even have 20,000 posts. :what::what:

As you can see above, I was composing a post surrounding similar information when this post was made.
5 of 10 is NOT true as the father told LE he drove his son to school on Thursday.

There has never been anything that said Jessica was to walk to someone's house to meet - only that they were to meet at the park nearby Jessica's house.

Please provide a link to any official source to support your claim. If there is one, I've missed it. Thank you.

5 of 10 is true. At least that's what all the offical story is. They normally met at Chelesa Park but this time because of the cold most likely plans were changed and she called the friend to confirm that they were meeting at his house and then they were going to walk to school When it was 10 minutes to bell at 8:40 the boy and his father drove to school because Jessica hadn't arrived/changed her plan.

5 of 10 is NOT true as the father told LE he drove his son to school on Thursday.

Read the Denver post article from today you got everything backwards.

On some days, Jessica would meet friends at the park for the walk that a few blocks later cuts across open space and leads to Witt Elementary.

But on that chilly day, Jessica planned to meet her friend at his home. By 8:40 a.m., she had not arrived. With only 10 minutes until the bell rang, father and son drove off to school.

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway: What happened to the Colorado girl? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...way-what-happened-colorado-girl#ixzz29zq2qaCQ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

With LE withholding information on which parts were found, perhaps that is for the benefit of everyone. I know we want to know so we can help, but is it common for LE to provide such details? If I was Jessica's mom, I do not know that I would want that information out there.

This is the first case I've watched closely, so I'm not sure if details behind withheld is atypical. I just thought maybe it was for the benefit of her family.

The longer the case goes unsolved, the more information LE releases. Usually. There's often a few things that LE tries really hard to keep confidential.

A case this new? I'm not surprised they are keeping so much information to themselves.

In 20 years, if this has turned into a cold case, then most of the information will probably be out there. Partly for practical reasons: the best chance LE has of solving this case is via information from the public, so the more the public knows, the more likely it is for someone to line up the dots and go "I think I know a guy..."

Who exactly was Jessica supposed to meet at 8:35 a.m. on Friday at the park (her usual meeting place to meet this friend/cousin to walk to school).

This is the most confusing information regarding the morning Jessica was last seen.

It was reported early on that a boy told LE that he saw Jessica at school but wasn't sure if he saw her walk into the school. It's unclear who this boy is.

Then, a father of a boy told LE that he ended up driving his son to school because Jessica never showed up at the park in time to walk to school with him. The boy must have told LE that happened on Friday because the dad corrected the information by telling LE that had happened on Thursday and the boy, age 10, was confused about the day due to his young age. Therefore, Jessica didn't show up to walk with her friend on Thursday. Yet Jessica was in school on Thursday so did she walk alone? Did she arrive to school on time? This leads to the question, what did the boy who was supposed to meet and walk with Jessica on Friday, do that day when she didn't show up on time? Sarah claims Jessica had called the friend to verify that they'd be walking to school together.

So who was Jessica supposed to be meeting at the park to walk to school with on Friday? The same kid? The same one she was supposed to meet every day as per a prior agreement with a specific person (to avoid paying bus fees).

Her mother said that Jessica had arranged to walk to school every day with the same person. Sarah mentioned that they often walked home with a larger group of kids.

We also know that some man/father received a phone call (from a blocked number) at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning that supposedly had something to do with Jessica calling. That man's same phone number was called from Jessica's landline phone at 4:30 p.m. Friday afternoon.

How can these calls be reconciled? What do they mean? Could the boy be the witness LE refers too? Because, otherwise, they have not been specific at all (neighbor, child friend, passerby) who claims to have seen Jessica on her way to school after she exited her house.

There was an early supposed sighting of Jessica near the Rec Center (which is out of her way) but I don't believe that was confirmed to be true. It involved her purple pillow pet that was located in her home Friday afternoon when LE responded to the 911 call. That's why the officer told the other officer via scanner that Jessica would have had to have returned home for someone to have witnessed her walking nearby the Rec Center with her pillow pet. Her pillow pet was in her home when police got there Friday afternoon.

What is the explanation regarding the phone calls made to the same house, the earliest from a blocked number or possibly Sarah's cell phone, on Friday morning. Since the weather had turned, the calls in and of themselves aren't suspicious to check to see if the normal walking partner was still planning to walk - Sarah said the friend said 'yes'.
What did the boy do on Friday when Jessica didn't show up at the park on time to walk to school with him?

It's not easy to forget or to unhear this confusing information.:twocents:

Wow is my head spinning now. So do we know she was supposed to meet her friend at the park or the kid's house? If she was meeting him at the park so the father could drive them to school because of bad weather, why would be not pick her up????? Makes zero sense. If she was meeting him at their house, then maybe they were closer to the school. Can someone refresh me on a map of the area with the friend's place?

Now this was all maybe happening Thursday and not Friday????

Don't throw rocks at me for this, but is there any possibility Jessica had secret plans to meet someone that she got in trouble with. Maybe an older boy from the HS?

I agree with SmoothOperator that the perp lives in the neighborhood near where the backpack was found. I think the perp expected police to think he was throwing them off, if that makes sense.

Going back into lurkdom now....

More confusion! Now Jessica was walking to and going to meet the boy at his HOUSE not the park. You got me.

No she was not. That is conjecture. Nowhere has this information been confirmed. Sarah clearly stated that Jessica was to meet the same friend at the park to walk to school with every day.

I'm sorry if this sounds snarky, but I just can't figure out WHY it seems to be so important to know what KIND OF WOOD this cross was made out of?? It has no bearing on this case! What is important is whether or not anyone has seen someone wearing this type of cross, has noticed it missing, etc. Who cares what kind of wood it is made out of?

So we don't actually KNOW what wood Jessica's cross itself is, just what comparable crosses are made out of?

I'm Australian and I've never heard of Australian Bloodwood.

No, it is my opinion only, sorry, SS.

I believe the cross found "could" be Australian Bloodwood. JMO

The link is in my post WBG. Unless you are replying to another poster and used my post by mistake.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/photos-she-walked-out-the-door-and-she-was-gone/#name here

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171[/ame]

For those who want to see the original scanner info.

No she was not. That is conjecture. Nowhere has this information been confirmed. Sarah clearly stated that Jessica was to meet the same friend at the park to walk to school with every day.

The Denver Post article of the timeline. The normally walk to the park but this time she was going to meet the boy at his house and then walk to school with him. After she didn't arrive and there was 10 minutes to the bell the boy and his father drove to school. This is the current facts the police are going on based on recent articles.

I'm sorry if this sounds snarky, but I just can't figure out WHY it seems to be so important to know what KIND OF WOOD this cross was made out of?? It has no bearing on this case! What is important is whether or not anyone has seen someone wearing this type of cross, has noticed it missing, etc. Who cares what kind of wood it is made out of?

The origin of the cross, could point to Jessica's killer, especially if it is handmade from remnants of old wood etc.

The type of wood is very important, IMO. It does not appear to be a mass produced necklace to me, which could narrow down a suspect.

Wow is my head spinning now. So do we know she was supposed to meet her friend at the park or the kid's house? If she was meeting him at the park so the father could drive them to school because of bad weather, why would be not pick her up????? Makes zero sense. If she was meeting him at their house, then maybe they were closer to the school. Can someone refresh me on a map of the area with the friend's place?

Don't throw rocks at me for this, but is there any possibility Jessica had secret plans to meet someone that she got in trouble with. Maybe an older boy from the HS?

I agree with SmoothOperator that the perp lives in the neighborhood near where the backpack was found. I think the perp expected police to think he was throwing them off, if that makes sense.

Sarah, Jessica's mother, explains the walking arrangements during the family interview. Unless there's been a big chunk of fact/special arrangements made just for Friday left out, the theory that J was to meet up at a friend's house is purely conjecture on the part of whoever is writing that version of a story.

Your buying into fake information. All of this has proven to be untrue.

Sarah, Jessica's mother, explains the walking arrangements during the family interview. Unless there's been a big chunk of fact/special arrangements made just for Friday, the theory that J was to meet up at a friend's house is purely conjecture on the part of whoever is writing that version of a story.

Read recent news articles please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member