GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
Missing woman's SUV found with busted window

GRESHAM, Ore. - A 21-year-old Gresham woman has disappeared under what police have labeled 'suspicious' circumstances.

Whitney Heichel did not show up to work Tuesday morning and her vehicle, a black 1999 Ford Explorer (pictured in the photo gallery), was later found abandoned in the parking lot of the Wood Village WalMart at 23500 N.E. Sandy Boulevard.

The vehicle's window was shattered and it appeared as if someone had rummaged around inside.

Gresham police are looking for leads in the case. At this point, investigators do not know if Heichel left of her own accord and is simply unaccounted for, or if she was a victim of foul play.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Gresham-woman-Whitney-Heichel-missing-174489061.html

thread #1
thread #2
thread #3

Scanner thread

No more discussion about religion. This is not a forum for religious debating. I just posted this same warning about 3 days ago.

End it now. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Solariis View Post
As a few others have said, there are just a few things that do not add up here.

1.) If WH left at 6:45am to get to work before 7:00am, where did he supposedly ask her to give him a ride to exactly that would take so little time, she could still arrive to work before 7 and if it was that short of a distance, why would he need a ride in the first place?

2.) If JH waited 5 minutes after 6:45am to pull the gun on her and forced her to go straight to Roslyn Lake to force her to perform oral sex on him, how is it possible that he killed her then showed up at gas stations NORTH of where the lake was at a later time in the morning? It is only 14 miles from their apartment complex (Heatherwood Apartments) to the address listed on the probable cause document. Here is a map showing the driving directions from the apartments to the lake where he supposedly did the deed: http://goo.gl/maps/a9ZB2

And here is another map showing where the items were located throughout the areas north of the apartments:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...44_634x416.jpg

Based on where they found her cell phone and her vehicle north of Gresham, and he really did force her to drive them to the lake right around 7:00-7:15am that morning, it would seem that he committed the crimes at the lake, dumps his cell phone there, goes back north and stops at the gas station at 9:14am when her card was used (was WH still in the vehicle at that time, after he shot her?), drove to the mountain to dump the body (while also dumping the license plate), then on his way back, threw her cell phone out into some bushes while driving the SUV shortly before finally stopping at the WalMart to dump the vehicle.

3.) If JH shot WH after the sexual abuse, it is not clear how the police have not found a single drop of blood either in the vehicle or at the location JH told LE he committed the murder. Not only that, but how could he transport her bleeding body after 4 gunshot wounds all the way to the mountain without any blood getting anywhere in the car? He brought plastic bags or a blanket or cover or something with him? If so, how would that not have seemed very suspicious to WH when he asked for a ride?

None of this is adding up to what JH told LE. It seems there are just too many details missing right now for any sort of conclusive findings.

I think the answers to 1). and 3). lie in the fact that JH lied (i said "lie" twice, I know) about the approach that morning.

IMH hunch, I believe he took Whitney by force from the first second. He likely came up behind her as she was unlocking her vehicle, pressed his gun to her back or head and forced her into the passenger side. He knew he would have to end up killing her and perhaps he did bring a plastic tarp or bags to cover the seats. And possibly a change of clothes.

Since he used force from the get-go there was no need for pretense or hiding of any suspicious items such as rope or bags, tarps, etc.

I really have no clue about the seemingly random path he took after he killed Whitney and before (or was it after) he dumped her body. I do think the attendant who claims he saw Whitney was mistaken. Honestly mistaken. It happens all of the time.

I will also add that the report of AH reporting JH missing (was that right?) last year has me suspecting he might suffer from schizophrenia. I am not a professional and have no background in mental health but I have a relative who suffers from schizophrenia and has been known to turn up missing on occasion.

She usually came back on her own mostly unharmed but there were a few occasions where her behavior during an episode put her at risk although to my knowledge she posed no threat to others.

Anyway, my gut on JH is that there were no drugs or alcohol involved but he is possibly schizophrenic. I would like to know if there are more "missing" stories than just the one reported. I do get a feeling he hasn't ever killed anyone until Whitney.

MOO and all....

You bring up some great points here and I think you may be right about him holding her at gunpoint from the very start, whether he was either already in her vehicle before she got in or hid next to it before she got in...either way it makes the most sense that he would lie to LE about her willingness to drive him (to wherever it is he told her he needed a ride to) so that he would feel less guilty. I think you're onto something here.

I also agree with Msthinksalot when she said just because they have not said anything about there being blood or no blood doesn't mean it isn't the case. It could just be information they're withholding for the time being.

I really want to know what the outcome of JH's wife reporting him missing 1 year ago though...that could mean the difference between whether this is his first crime or not.

I really want to know what the outcome of JH's wife reporting him missing 1 year ago though...that could mean the difference between whether this is his first crime or not.

ME TOOOO. I have looked and looked and I don't see anything that alludes to it at all. Is there a link to it that I missed?

No time to read back. Yesterday a reporter tweeted about a call from JH's wife to the police last year. A member here, said it was to report him missing. Has anything else been disclosed on this?

Not a word said or written that I know of, and I've been trying to find out any more information about this tweet. I watched all the nightly news programs and nobody mentioned it. :waitasec:

Going once more back to the question whether WH was in the car at the gas station - I vaguely remember in one of the press conferences, I think on Thu or Fri, it was said that the car had been both to D Park and L Mountain before getting gas at 9:14, means he killed her in Dodge Park then drove on to Larch Mountain and dumped her, and then - without Whitney - went to get gas, possibly because he thought he'd need to get rid of her things at various locations and needed more gas for that.

I might be wrong, but if someone has the time to dig through thread 2 or 3 and check?

I kept going back and thinking why he robbed her and what did he take??

nevermind i think its probably the credit cards

I'm really bothered by the nit-picking in the last thread over Clint's choice of words "this" vs. "that". It wasn't a murder-for-hire, he has no involvement other than being a victim by virtue of his wife, whom he closely loved murdered. Even those who questioned whether he smiled or not- if you watched the press conference, as I did, you clearly saw a man broken up in pain and publicly sobbing. He couldn't speak, this was genuine emotion, not faked. We need to cut him some slack. I'm not a JW, but I can feel his pain, he's entitled to be a little selfish right now, this monster has prematurely ripped his whole world apart. Whitney was only 21. This was the woman Clint planned on having a family and a life with! Plus, in moments of grief, people may not word things perfectly, heck they don't even always speak properly in every day life. My pet peeve is the incorrect usage of the terms "effect" vs. "affect".
I wanted to add, I understand that from all the crime we follow here at WS, we get a little jaded.Oftentimes, it is the husband. Patsy Ramsey did use the term "that child" referring to her dead daughter, but she was a suspect, and Casey Anthony's tears on the stand were faked, no actual liquid. Clint's tears were real, and he is the exact opposite- he actually loved his wife.

I kept going back and thinking why he robbed her and what did he take??

My guess is that they are considering him forcibly taking her car from her (his DNA on the wheel), him using her card, perhaps him being in possession of her phone...all those could fall under 'robbery'

My guess is that they are considering him forcibly taking her car from her (his DNA on the wheel), him using her card, perhaps him being in possession of her phone...all those could fall under 'robbery'

Thanks sometimes the obvious elludes me until i go back and think about it... i was thinking perhaps her stole her belongings to try to make it look like a robbery until i sat back and thought oh yea he did use the cards to make illegal purchases

You bring up some great points here and I think you may be right about him holding her at gunpoint from the very start, whether he was either already in her vehicle before she got in or hid next to it before she got in...either way it makes the most sense that he would lie to LE about her willingness to drive him (to wherever it is he told her he needed a ride to) so that he would feel less guilty. I think you're onto something here.

I also agree with Msthinksalot when she said just because they have not said anything about there being blood or no blood doesn't mean it isn't the case. It could just be information they're withholding for the time being.

I also agree with this. I think he got her into the car by holding a gun to her in the parking lot, and if it was her in the passenger seat alive at the gas station, she probably didn't leave because he was still holding a gun on her out of sight, or she stayed out of fear.
Whitney is not to blame for giving him a ride, but there is something to be said for assertiveness and not feeling we have to be "nice" to everyone and resisting. I used to get told to "go give a kiss" to my molester uncle!
As for the bloody evidence, I recall reading earlier in the thread, although unsubstantiated, that her Starbucks black apron, and a bloody shirt were found. Perhaps LE is keeping this info under wraps until closer to prosecution.

Not a word said or written that I know of, and I've been trying to find out any more information about this tweet. I watched all the nightly news programs and nobody mentioned it. :waitasec:

Thanks ingra, that's strange. Makes me wonder if the info was inaccurate, or if LE asked them not speak about it? Maybe her editor, simply yanked it and said cover this ...

Robbery in the third degree is theft or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle (in this particular case, or theft, more generally) where the defendant uses or threatens to use force to make someone give the defendant the vehicle through coercion or to overcome a person's attempts to stop the defendant from taking the vehicle.

Robbery in the first degree is robbery in the third degree (i.e. theft or unauthorized use of motor vehicle where def. threatens force) and is armed with a deadly weapon and either uses the weapon and seriously injures or tries to seriously injure someone.

I think he probably gave her the old "My battery is dead in my motorcycle, If I don't get to work I'm going to lose my job, can you give me a ride"

Her knowing he recently had troubles with the bike made it believable and she didn't consider him a treat at the time.

JMO

I think he probably gave her the old "My battery id dead in my motorcycle, If I don't get to work I'm going to lose my job, can you give me a ride"

Her knowing he recently had troubles with the bike made it believable and she didn't consider him a treat at the time.

JMO

I don't know if that could be possible due to the fact that it takes over 40 minutes without any traffic to get from their apartment complex (Heatherwood Apartments) to his work (Canteen Vending Services). Considering she was leaving only 15 minutes before 7am when she was scheduled, this would have been impossible for her to do for him without letting her employer know she was going to be significantly late. She would've had to have called her employer before that 5 minutes later when JH supposedly pulled the gun on her.

Map from the apartments to his work:
http://goo.gl/maps/2C8mr

JH went to great extremes to hide Whitney's belonging to try and conceal the crime (Phone, apron, license plate ect).

I think the visits to the gas station were perhaps to buy gas to maybe burn her body.

He might have had the intention to ask the gas station attendant for a gas can acting like someone's car had run out of gas and he was going to their rescue as a way to transport the gas back to burn the body as a way of further hiding any evidence, but each time he might of felt the timing wasn't right for what ever reason and decided to just have the attendant put the gas in the vehicle.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member