CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica's paternal family lives in Missouri. KCTV5 talked to her great-grandmother today about these latest leads and everything that's been happening in their lives since Oct. 5. In the memory of Jessica, a local karate school is offering free karate classes each month to kids to help prepare and prevent tragedies.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19890079/jessica-ridgeway-murder-connected-to-attack-on-jogger

Each day is incredibly tough, Moss said Tuesday.

"Most of it has been mental stress. Not knowing where this person is and how long it's going to take before they catch him. But they will catch him I'm sure of that," she said.

Much more at the link above. The family remains in my thoughts and prayers. They are so incredibly strong.

Why do you think this, justwannahelp?

I think he's cocky and feels confident that all is well. I pray he's wrong.

no real reason other than he'd be stupid not to, ya' know. it's seems like Colorado is in a tizzy and he knows they have his DNA and are certain about Ketner Lake being the same perp. he's got to be nervous. but I don't know anything. I hope he's as bold and cocky as he seems to be and is staying put.

I dunno. I think it's more likely he's sitting there gloating at all the paranoia and pain he's causing, and relishing every copycat crime and abduction report.

no real reason other than he'd be stupid not to, ya' know. it's seems like Colorado is in a tizzy and he knows they have his DNA and are certain about Ketner Lake being the same perp. he's got to be nervous. but I don't know anything. I hope he's as bold and cocky as he seems to be and is staying put.

I think he's searching out his next victim. Tough thought....but LE knows this. They are hot and heavy on his heels.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/295798/339/Investigators-gather-500-DNA-samples

500 DNA samples taken so far.

I wonder how long it takes to determine if there is a match to the perp...

500 samples taken! I find this amazing. Who would have thought there could be so many? Here's LE criteria for the samples:

"People who members of the public said should be considered suspects in Ridgeway's killing.

People identified through information gathered when police canvassed neighborhoods near her house and where her backpack was discovered.

People whose cellphones were used in areas near the crime scene.

People who matched the description of a man who tried to grab a woman as she was running around Ketner Lake in Westminster."

"The investigators asked me about my cellphone and wanted to know if anyone else had ever used it. I told them, 'no,'" the man said.
"They told me they wanted my DNA because of where my cellphone was used and because I fit a description."

It's a bit concerning that because of a cell phone ping, LE can request your DNA.

500 samples taken! I find this amazing. Who would have thought there could be so many? Here's LE criteria for the samples:

"People who members of the public said should be considered suspects in Ridgeway's killing.

People identified through information gathered when police canvassed neighborhoods near her house and where her backpack was discovered.

People whose cellphones were used in areas near the crime scene.

People who matched the description of a man who tried to grab a woman as she was running around Ketner Lake in Westminster."

"The investigators asked me about my cellphone and wanted to know if anyone else had ever used it. I told them, 'no,'" the man said.
"They told me they wanted my DNA because of where my cellphone was used and because I fit a description."

It's a bit concerning that because of a cell phone ping, LE can request your DNA.

They can request it, but you don't have to give it. They have to get a subpoena or warrant for it.

I have a photoshop I did comparing the 2007 Pattridge Coal graffiti cross (pages 9 and 8) (http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2007/06/17/pattridge-coal/) to the actual cross found.

Can I send it to anyone to upload here? I have no url for it, just a file.

I really do think it's a good lead. If that cross is important to him, he may have been the one who tagged it on the old mine (back in 2007) where he left her remains (in 2012).

eta: Well, I got it into my siggie, so that gives a good idea of it.

I suspect this perp is arrogant and has some knowledge of how homicide investigators work as well as sex crime investigators.
I suspect he is getting a big kick out of all this attention.
He might be a little bit worried but figures he is so smart they will never figure it out.

Here is an attempted abduction 10/5/2011 13yo girl on her way to school in Aurora, Co..sketch also at link..
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/attempted-child-abduction-investigated-in-aurora
**this is another from the blog's excellent documented attempted abductions...am still veryfying them all and am then going to create a timeline of sorts with ALL OF THESE MULTITUDE OF ATTEMPTED ABDUCTIONS IN/AROUND THE AREA OF CO WHERE JESSICA WAS ABDUCTED..

I dunno. I think it's more likely he's sitting there gloating at all the paranoia and pain he's causing, and relishing every copycat crime and abduction report.

and reading everything written, including here and other internet sites and watching everything on tv....

I just found a RSO on grand junction, co who is 25, 3 convictions....against children under 15.
Grand junction is about 240 miles from Arvada so never mind.

Good evening everybody,
I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate knowing answers for. i have some thoughts about this case and knowing the answers to these questions will help me sort through my thoughts.
The first question is about participating in online roleplaying games that have multiple people playing the same game. I have no experience with gaming but work with teenagers who do. Some of them have told me they stay up all night playing these games so they can advance upwards to some desired level of play. Do some of these type games give a person a task to do in real life and then provide some kind of proof that the task was performed? I've also been curious about this in another case here on WS.
The second question involves a technical question for a forum such as WS. If a poster provides a link to a map or picture and then removes the images, do they still exist somewhere on a server?
This is just me being curious. Thank you if you can answer them.

I too feel he has recently experienced some sort of triggering event, not sure if a break up but something drove him/compelled him to take Jessica. I also think she was not alarmed as she felt he "fit in" or belonged. This suggests at least a passing familiarity with seeing him around.

I agree. I think it's someone who's experienced recent trauma. Maybe he himself wasn't familiar to Jessica, but his image didn't inspire fear. I don't see him gloating at all. He hates himself. moo

I agree. I think it's someone who's experienced recent trauma. Maybe he himself wasn't familiar to Jessica, but his image didn't inspire fear. I don't see him gloating at all. He hates himself. moo

When you say "recent" trauma, would it encompass the range of time to include the May attempted abduction of the jogger?

I have a photoshop I did comparing the 2007 Pattridge Coal graffiti cross (pages 9 and 8) (http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2007/06/17/pattridge-coal/) to the actual cross found.

Can I send it to anyone to upload here? I have no url for it, just a file.

I really do think it's a good lead. If that cross is important to him, he may have been the one who tagged it on the old mine (back in 2007) where he left her remains (in 2012).

eta: Well, I got it into my siggie, so that gives a good idea of it.

Wow! The closest shape to the found cross. Excellent!

for those of you who've studied serial killers, what do they usually do when they find out LE has their DNA? do they stay put and act calm? do they usually run?

is there ANYTHING the jogger can tell us about him?

It really depends on the person. IMO most of the time they go about their regular business. If LE has their DNA but still don't know who they are, they're still pretty anonymous. DNA only helps LE if they can match it to a known person.

The first question is about participating in online roleplaying games that have multiple people playing the same game. I have no experience with gaming but work with teenagers who do. Some of them have told me they stay up all night playing these games so they can advance upwards to some desired level of play. Do some of these type games give a person a task to do in real life and then provide some kind of proof that the task was performed? I've also been curious about this in another case here on WS.

Working in the online gaming industry, I sort of bristle at the "online gamer" stereotype, as it is now a very common pastime for all ages. That said, I'm still not even sure what you're getting at. There's a site called Fitocracy where you perform tasks (exercise) in real life, report back and level up/get virtual rewards (little badges that go on your online profile). Lots of "traditional" gamers on there who are now thankfully getting exercise. There are also reward sites where you earn points for real life tasks for things like scanning product barcodes (to prove you were at a given store) or reviewing products.

Generally speaking, a traditional "massively multiplayer", slay-the-dragons type game like World of Warcraft (the most prominent source of the stereotype) does not have real life components where you need to "prove" something, no.

Did you guys see this? I saw it the other day and thought it was interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-provides-vital-clue.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Tuft of blonde hair discovered in field across from where Jessica was discovered...remember we heard they were back out there looking a couple of days ago. I realize it could not even be human but thought it was interesting.

Before anyone says anything about the dailymail...I don't know how they do it but they have become more and more reliable about reporting info from the states. They have come up a few steps in my regard for their reporting although I still take it with a grain of salt. I have noticed though that they will often have the info before prominent media here in the US have it. Just noting what I've observed..:twocents: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member