CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forensic people getting something off front of SUV in driveway , oops camera justw ent back to the live news.

Coming from the KDVR site shows off and on the on going search being done at home.

http://kdvr.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Jackazz. His parent's home is decent, looks like they worked hard for what they have & this jerk just pooped down their necks. My heart goes out to his parents as well as Jessica's family.

Anyone know why there would be 2 separate, but the same, charges for the same murder?

Is his home in a well to do neighborhood? It looks very mid to upper middle class. I'm wondering where the rest of the body is.

Looks like this kid waived and spoke. Thank goodness.

We are looking at a true monster. A serial killer in the making. So frightening.

Austin Reed Sigg Arrested in Jessica Ridgeway Murder

10/24/12 Press Conference Notes Per Chief Lee Berk, Scott Storey

• Arrest 17 yr. old Austin Sigg
• Thousands of tips – instrumental in the case
• Notifed Ridgeway family this morning (10/24) of the arrest
• Affidavits are sealed under court order
• Charges are forthcoming within the next 48 hours
• Continuing investigation, still protective
• Will not answer whether he turned himself in or DNA
• First court appearance scheduled for 8:00a tomorrow, 10/25 (arraignment)
• Ask for people to view photo of Sigg and to advise of any leads
• Warrant has been served on the home (I assume a search warrant – did not specify)
• LE had been working the area since the beginning the investigation
• There are 2 charges – relating to Jessica Ridgeway (murder)
• Also attempted kidnapping charges related to the Ketner Lake abduction

(sorry..I missed the specific charges of both Jessica and the Ketner Lake attempted abduction)

Additional Info per Channel 9 news
• Lives within a 1 ½ miles of Jessica’s home (resides with mother)
• Arapahoe Community College student
• Former Stanley Lake High School student (dropped out and got his GED)
• Per AP report – mother turned him in

Reporting that he had a desire to be a mortician. YEEPS!

Can't believe I missed the arrest (housecleaning no less). Catching up with thread. This must be a relief for the town.

Late to the game here - what picture of the suspect is everyone talking about with the necklace?

I looked and can't find it but this thread is flying. TIA!

?Rumor that he confessed to his mother? (That's what the broadcaster said)

They really didn't say anything at the presser. They are showing the home on HLN now.

They did not confirm if he turned themselves in and it appears all affidavits, etc are sealed.

If it is true that mom turned him in, I imagine she must have given DNA like toothbrush bc otherwise they would not have made an arrest so fast

It seems from presser that they are in very early stages of investigation, so it seems to me that it is not circumstantial evidence that led to arrest but forensic. but LE is not saying ANYTHING about any of that,

From this link:

Hr4v9.jpg

digital footprints
from Denver post
student conference in Loveland
Sigg won 2nd place for CSI award

Does anyone have a link to that map that was posted several days back, buried deep in all the posts, of where her walking-to-school friend lived? The one that seemed like it surely wasn't possible because it seems like it was farther than was practical, given the location of the school.

The address shown in the arrest record looks to be near there, if I remember what that location looked like in relation to Jessica's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500