CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to jump in with one HUGE Praise God that there has been an arrest. Kid not nearly so smart as he thought, and I surely have to wonder if he wasn't trying to taunt LE.

Buggers, off to work-related meetings and no chance to catch up before tonight and get all the details past a fast read of one MSM story.

Hope this brings some measure of relief to Jessica's family, and to all of the good folks who live in the area.

The Ridgeways remain in my prayers.

Just saw the news and I have to say WOW WOW WOW. Have a huge exam tomorrow so wasn't even supposed to get on today! So it's killing me not being able to read every post you guys are posting!! I know you guys have already found so much more detail than the news has released already. If anybody finds it in their heart to PM me the details on this dude I will love you forever! :) Thank you Lord for letting the police find this guy. THANK YOU!!!

LE has 3 house each side of the road taped off while searching the home of the perp.

The tape goes all around to the back of the homes. 6 houses total.

Or could they just be doing a wide perimeter?

I don't know. He looks super scary and sinister to me. Horrible.

This is the bogey man! A kid, really, who was already stalking and planning and acting out the horrific murder of a child!

I bet they will find out a lot more about this monster and his evil plans and what he may have done in the past.

we are looking at a mug shot. nobody takes a good mug shot...even actors who generally are good looking people ;) and well we all have [for good reason] pre-conceived ideas about him so of course helooks evil, etc etc...

w/ that said...IMO, he looks (as I and many have said) that he EASILY blends in to the community. if I saw him on the street, i would not think anything of him. he looks like a normal high school kid....

all of that opinion is just based on looks and how he is dressed and knowing its a mug shot.

the real question is: what was his personality like, how did he behave around others, etc etc...

but to me....i see absolutely nothing about him that would scream: danger danger, stay away!

with all of that said.....

there is a middle school boy a few houses up that has every single pscyhopathic trate there is and i truly believe he has a future like this perp. he comes off as creepy and disturbed...i can only imagine what goes on in the house he lives in w/ his grandmother and little sister :(

lots of very disturbed children out there.....

This is why I don't try to do my own profiling - I really would never have suspected someone quite this young.

I'm listening to live streaming video on 7News. Lots of interesting comments.

I keep getting kicked out of WS today so haven't been able to read all the previous posts. Is anyone speculating about an accomplice?

Westminster PD - you guys rock.:rocker::jail:

I keep getting kicked off!!!! I wonder how many are trying to get on and can't. :(

Sorry! The powers that be are aware and dealing with the issues.

At one time I saw 1,084 on this ONE thread. Not to mention the rest of WS.

Thanks for your patience you guys! xo

Only 7 years older than JR!

I too think they have to update their profiling. A lot of times a kid is taught to few strangers like a 40-50 year old man. They may not be as fearful of a teenager.

If he turned himself in and he confesses maybe we will learn how he got her initially, whether he just grabbed her or whether he said something to her. He might have seen her walking at some point bc he did not live far from the school.

and you guys were all right that he was a teenager!!! I am forever in awe of you sleuthers in every case I follow!!!

I'm so happy that the person responsible for hurting Jessica has been apprehended. I'm actually crying and shaking. I had a feeling last night that something was going to happen by the end of the week.

Justice is coming for you, Sweet Jessica!

I assumed that picture was the one taken at his booking. It's the pic on his custody report

My best friend in Denver told me her friend's daughter has gone to school with Austin since 7th grade!!

He is 5' 6"! Dang....this matches the description to a T to the suspect in the abduction attempt of the young boy playing with his sisters.

Gee....I hope he is guilty of many of these incidents. That would make my day....

Woe and Woof....where are you guys?! You need to be here to celebrate this.

Wonder if he was a loner? Doesn't look quite like the life of the party. Any history of mental health issues? Just thinking out loud. It'll come out eventually, likely.
He clearly wasn't sophisticated or calculating, IMO. But a very bad person capable of the unthinkable.

Someone earlier in the thread asked what was wrong with the game Minecraft (the AS on YouTube has many Minecraft videos). My answer - absolutely nothing. My whole family - DH and I, along with our four kids, including the 6 year old! - play it. It's basically a sandbox game. You dig with shovels, mine for resources with a pickaxe, build a shelter, plant crops, make foods, raise animals for food, etc etc. it's got a retro look and feel, and the only bad guys are very cartoonish skeletons and creepers that come out at night (but you can play in modes where there are no monsters).

It's very fun, and I enjoy seeing the castles, farms, etc that the kids build. I'm really of the opinion that being a gamer, or playing certain video games doesn't tell us much about a person on its own. If it did, this guy would be playing something like Grand Theft Auto, not Minecraft. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi