CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this news link, look at the video over in the sidebar to the right, which refers to AS making a full confession.

There are 4 or 5 kids interviewed who knew him. One young man, interviewed among a crowd at a Jessica memorial site, is quite emotional. He says that AS was never quite normal and would talk to himself.

Two girls seem to know AS pretty well. They appear very shaken. They explain about him attending the other school while in high school, and the community college. He was studying forensics and mortuary science.

Another girl says he was "infatuated with death."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...est-in-jessica-ridgeway-murder-investigation/

Video thumbnail in sidebar.

" ...I don't know why y'all think he looks just like Edward Cullen. Dang, poor Robert Pattinson. Yuck "
sbm

That was my first thought of his photo, a fatter Edward Cullen; sorry.
So glad he's caught and can't hurt anyone anymore. If found guilty , he should be locked up forever.
If a man or teen is only 'looking through a window'; in my mind, that action is more dangerous that people realize.
Who knows how long he had planned this ?
This is surprising...I thought it would be some SO driving through the neighborhood; the stereotypical 'dirty old man' type.
jmo ; and so sorry for her poor family and loved ones !!!

I am betting that the release of the cross pictures on Friday night led to his questioning by mom for a few days until he broke and admitted to it.

I am sure he didn't just walk in and say 'hey guess what I did'

(jmhoo. :moo:)

The release of that cross picture was the best step that LE took imhoo.

Yeah, I think that might have been the whole point. He wanted to try embalming.

Makes me sick!!!

I don't know. don't they get that chance in Mortuary school? I think it was something more than that.

Because he's a minor, does that mean most or all of the court preceedings and docs will be closed and sealed? Also Colorado's laws don't seem so transparent. I'm in the Sunshine State where we roll out a stage and red carpet for every hearing and motion and access to court documents is easier than finding a 7-11. I have questions I'd like answered (don't we all) but I'd be fine with not getting them. The Ridgeways don't need that on blast. Or- am I supposed to say "the defendant is entitled to his privacy"?

All affidavits already sealed. Colorado is MUCH different than Florida. If Florida is the Sunshine law state, we are the total eclipse of the Sun state!

Much like the Aurora theatre shooting, there is going to be a gag order and documents sealed. Won't hear everything or much of anything until trial.

Not necessarily a collector, maybe just trying to hide evidence and hadn't found the right place to dispose of identifying items. Especially with everyone watching everything.

Guess, that would depend on what else was found in his crawl space. There are many other places he could have disposed of the evidence that would not be incriminating.

Interesting that his neighbor commented on their cats, and their lack of care of them.

cats>felines>females

In my opinion some of those video games should be outlawed. They are filled with horrible violence.

Cindersoot I totally totally agree with this....I think kids get very confused with reality and right and wrong and being a hero thru these games.

I blame them for a number of the mass killings

I see what you all mean by the cross being seen!!! I bet there were quite a few tips about that as it is very obvious! what a messed up kid. I too thought it would have been worn by a young person on a bit of leather, I actually have one.....

I think this kid was having abnormal urges, (well duh) acted on them, but also had guilt, hence the wearing of the cross and telling mum and leaving the torso and the backpack out to be found, oh and leaving the cross on the body,.......man this kid is so messed up in the head

yah, seriously. but do you think they had their eye on him, and just waited after the cross? or did they have no idea who it was til mom called in?
a friend of mine on the police force told me to assume LE was trying to antagonize him with the release of the cross and it may not have really been found. but, according to the video, it was definitely his.

bbm: no I don't think they had their eye on him

If they did they would have gotten a warrant as quick as possible to obtain a dna sample, question him, etc.

I do think (just my opinon) the picture of the cross he lost somewhere sweated him and he had no choice but to come clean with his mother.

I bet there was someone in the Superior neighborhood that he didn't like. I think he put the backpack to scare or implicate them.

All affidavits already sealed. Colorado is MUCH different than Florida. If Florida is the Sunshine law state, we are the total eclipse of the Sun state!

Much like the Aurora theatre shooting, there is going to be a gag order and documents sealed. Won't hear everything or much of anything until trial.

I prefer it that way.....murderers get convicted!

Just goes to show that you cannot determine a person's propensity for evil, mental illness, or whatever darkness is lurking within from a picture, or how they look. Nice looking people can be evil. Mean/scary looking people can be the kindest of humans. And lots in between.

You are so right, we just never know.

He is being tried as an adult, so the level of public info will be the same as any other criminal trial in Colorado.

Has the Judge in the James Holmes case done anything out of the ordinary to limit the public's info? I thought because of the high profile nature of that, it was. Wondering if the same would happen here.

He is being tried as an adult, so the level of public info will be the same as any other criminal trial in Colorado.

I haven't seen that confirmed yet, but yes I assume he will. But we have gag orders all the time in adult cases, and one has already been issued in this case.

At this news link, look at the video over in the sidebar to the right, which refers to AS making a full confession.

There are 4 or 5 kids interviewed who knew him. One young man, interviewed among a crowd at a Jessica memorial site, is quite emotional. He says that AS was never quite normal and would talk to himself.

Two girls seem to know AS pretty well. They appear very shaken. They explain about him attending the other school while in high school, and the community college. He was studying forensics and mortuary science.

Another girl says he was "infatuated with death."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...est-in-jessica-ridgeway-murder-investigation/

Video thumbnail in sidebar.

Ah, that solves the college/hs issue: last year he was attending that technical school AND high school; this year, just college.

I am wondering where he dismembered the body, without his parents catching on.

were they perhaps working? it happened during a school day/morning/day of the week.

I bet he missed a class that day (again just a guess)

I haven't had a chance to really study the map yet but why was he out then? on his way to the CC he was reportedly attending for a class? (live news said Arapahoe CC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member