Hurricane Sandy updates

Quote:
Weather Underground ‏@wunderground
A blizzard warning has been posted for parts of West Virginia

You know, I really wonder what is going to happen when the systems from the west collides with this mother....which it surely will because it's almost stationary. That is the snow from the Dakotas from yesterday. Will it just get sucked in and then loop around to dump more snow? Maybe the meteorologists aren't ready to spring it on us yet? LOL

Good advice from a message board: fill up ziplock bags with water and line your entire freezer with them.

And if you live near Jersey Shore, find Snooki and hang on to her! :crazy:

I think it was Lera that turned us on to this link during another storm. It's one of my go to weather links now as it gives a ton of info.

http://spaghettimodels.com/

Sorry if it's been posted already, but it doesn't hurt to post again.

sorry to inundate the thread, i worry about the people AND the pets :(

Not at all; I was impressed today on The Weather Channel when they were talking about the number of shelters that were taking pets. I think one of the reasons some people don't leave is because of their pets. I don't think I could leave mine behind.

Pressure is continuing to drop! Its only gonna get worse folks! Stay in, your life is not worth being brave and watching the storm.

Yep, this is going to be something that hasn't been seen before by any of us, IMO.

Hurricane Sandy, the mammoth storm that has already claimed more than five dozen lives in the Caribbean, could potentially affect some 60 million people in the Eastern United States, where it will meet with two other powerful winter storm systems, to create an even more threatening hybrid.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...-800-miles-of-u.s/?tag=contentAux;mostPopular

17017_10151288560893352_1594385689_n.jpg

579198_10151301176380820_478740595_n.jpg

30974_4424371259746_1359668794_n.jpg

Some more pics. 1st in Belmar NJ (what a dingbat, WHY in the world go out with your boat in these conditions?) 2nd in Seaside Heights, beach looks washed away already. Lastly, in AC, where the boardwalks are already falling apart . I have lots of friends and family in all of these beach areas. I am hoping the ones who haven't left yet REALLY consider doing so ASAP.

Prayer shout out for everybody in it's path, this is just unreal!

Are they talking about tornadoes forming at all in this storm? This is something really different. I hope everyone got their firewood inside. Cold is definitely following the storm. We still have winds from it here in south florida today and it got cold right away.
Safe rooms are important. I hope folks up there know about them.

Are they talking about tornadoes forming at all in this storm? This is something really different. I hope everyone got their firewood inside. Cold is definitely following the storm. We still have winds from it here in south florida today and it got cold right away.
Safe rooms are important. I hope folks up there know about them.

I would have to assume tornadoes are likely, yes, based on what I know as a volunteer severe weather spotter for the NWS.

I'm starting to get really scared. I live in PA but am inland not on the coast. From what I know we are just supposed to get wind and rains. I'm worried about my cats and my nephew and my family. UGH.

We spent yesterday doing roof and gutter repairs, and securing stuff around the yard and house. Got plenty of essentials to get us through, if the power goes. Everything is shutting down, so we are going to basically hibernate and ride things out. We had a rough go of it when the derecho hit the DC area 4 months ago, so we are highly nervous about Hurricane Sandy... :(

Henry Margusity‏@Accu_Henry

Pressure down to 950 mb. Sandy is over 26c or 78 degree F water right now.

I'm starting to get really scared. I live in PA but am inland not on the coast. From what I know we are just supposed to get wind and rains. I'm worried about my cats and my nephew and my family. UGH.

In Allentown PA, there is rain and wind. Heavy wind, and rain. And these are only the beginning edge. The streets are full of leaves, and some trees have already fallen. All of the schools, and business are closed. This is not just gonna go away. It is the big one.....

Theres abt 50 members of my family living halfway between Atlantic City and Philadelphia.
I am really worried.
I have been thru alot of hurricanes but they haven't.

In Allentown PA, there is rain and wind. Heavy wind, and rain. And these are only the beginning edge. The streets are full of leaves, and some trees have already fallen. All of the schools, and business are closed. This is not just gonna go away. It is the big one.....

I'm more towards the Erie part of PA I live 2 and a half or 3 hours from Erie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back