Hurricane Sandy updates

wtc.jpg

Not sure if this was posted - New World Trader Center site - not sure where in NY the other picture is...

My friend if he is home will be waiting for me. I have no choice but to go home, as I am due back at 2 pm tomorrow

Blue D be safe. Please check in if possible. We'll bump for someone to see if you check in.

Dolphin, drive slowly. Don't go through standing water. Be prepared to detour, for safety. Call someone and keep them on the phone with you while you drive, if possible (don't worry about a ticket, either...right now, LE is not going to care). Pee before you leave- you may be on the road for a while.

And just drive carefully and slowly. No reason to hurry...and be safe, safe, safe.

And PLEASE check in with us once you get home, or all of us will be staying up all night trying to pull together a rescue. Deal?

Best-
Herding Cat

Dolphin i think you should stay put :please:

Ok I will check in, if I have power at home. Gonna drive realllllllllllllllllllly slow. I wish I could stay but, my job does not have beds, and I am in Direct care, so they have limits there. Will try to have someone on the phone with me as I am driving

300,000 without power in Maryland; trees coming down all over the place due to wind. Gov expects up to 1M without power by time it's all over

Dang, our prison/jails are on the Delaware.

Honestly I always listen to survivalist stuff. No joke I am so gonna pay mind if those earthquake/transformer lights don't beem me up.

Allentown PA

54.8 °F so no ice or snow for now. Saw a wind gust at 30 mph and some rain forecast. Might be wet and windy, drive slow if you go, watch for fallen trees.
Be prepared to stop.

If you must travel... be sure to take along your cell
phone. Wear a warm coat... gloves... and boots. Keep a blanket...
flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:18101.1.99999

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
Verified, & worst news I've heard so far: NYU hospital generator failed. Personnel manually evacuating PICU & NICU down 9 flights of stairs.

pediatric, and neo-natal, intensive care units

Blue, also, can you fully charge your cell phone BEFORE leaving work? please do. And as Peli said, bring water and be prepared to overnight in the car if you need to.

(I'd rather you stay at work, but...I understand you wanting/needing to get home).

Best-
Herding Cats

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
Verified, & worst news I've heard so far: NYU hospital generator failed. Personnel manually evacuating PICU & NICU down 9 flights of stairs.

pediatric, and neo-natal, intensive care units

I feel sick. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I fear the news we will hear tomorrow :please:

Unfortunately I do not have a charger here to charge phone. I meant to bring it but forgot it in my rush to get here today.

Lil one had computer all night and I was dying to know how you all were doing. I got the computer back cause we were going to watch Hawaii Five O, and nope, they pulled it to have hurricane coverage, so I know it's bad. Blue Dolphin- let us know when you leave. Get someone's number.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk
Back