Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Lonnie Henry in a 1955 yearbook from Fort Jackson on eBay; he was entering 101st Airborne. Around 1975 he would have been getting out of the service after 20 years and probably action in Vietnam. I don't know where the information info came from, probably from an early newspaper article.

The FBI was looking for communist safe houses in the US, using addresses obtained from revolutionaries interrogated in South America. I wonder if this pair were brought along to identify them.

The memo: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB8/ch30-01.htm

The FBI was doing DINA's legwork in the US. BTW this courier was tortured and killed in Chilean custody.

A New York Times article: http://www.nytimes.com/1999/02/10/world/fbi-helped-chile-search-for-leftists-files-show.html According to author John Dinges, the FBI is lying here. They actually did find the woman at the Dallas address, the courier's sister.

With such close cooperation from the FBI (Justice Dept.), one would expect much closer relations with the juntas from the more covert agencies and the military.

Because of the presumption that the man's name may have been Jacques and he said he was from Canada plus the woman's legs were unshaven makes me think Quebec. Although it's not the same as a French accent, French Canadians do usually have accent that sounds sort of French to Americans so that points back away from Quebec.:waitasec:

Do you have a link for Lonnie Henry being an informant? Also, i have heard you mention that he was a paratrooper. Could you add a link for that as well.

I got that from a post on one of the many pages, I think. I will look for it today and post it when I find it. I believe there may have been a link with the post. Or it might have been an article. I have read so much I cannot remember, but I will look and find it and then post.

Here is a link (hope it works that gives the details about this Lonnie guy and the gun. It talks about the lie detector test too.

http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t16853.htm

Below is another link from websleuths that has alot of information about Lonnie George Henry Sr. He was stopped for suspicion of drunk driving and they found the gun under his seat. The serial number was partially scratched off (which is a crime). He claimed the gun was a gift from his brother or brother in law. They talked to the brother in law, and he said that when he gave the gun as a gift, the serial number was definitely there. They gave Lonnie George Henry a polygraph. Said polygraph showed he did not kill the couple but LE asked ?? that showed he was deceptive about knowing about this murder. His son Lonnie George Henry Jr is said to have drowned before this traffic stop took place. Should I keep looking for more, or will this help?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58458&page=18

Someone smarter than me, please pick this up.

Here is a link (hope it works that gives the details about this Lonnie guy and the gun. It talks about the lie detector test too.

http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t16853.htm

Below is another link from websleuths that has alot of information about Lonnie George Henry Sr. He was stopped for suspicion of drunk driving and they found the gun under his seat. The serial number was partially scratched off (which is a crime). He claimed the gun was a gift from his brother or brother in law. They talked to the brother in law, and he said that when he gave the gun as a gift, the serial number was definitely there. They gave Lonnie George Henry a polygraph. Said polygraph showed he did not kill the couple but LE asked ?? that showed he was deceptive about knowing about this murder. His son Lonnie George Henry Jr is said to have drowned before this traffic stop took place. Should I keep looking for more, or will this help?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58458&page=18

Someone smarter than me, please pick this up.

I don't see anything about him being an informant in these links, nor about him being a paratrooper. It wasn't until recently that either of these details were mentioned. If anyone can post something that can confirm these details, please do so.

I think either Jim Henry or Lonnie Henry participated in the murder. I lean towards Jim Henry. He originally bought the gun stolen, then he sold it to his brother. My guess is he thought he would be slick by grinding down the serial numbers so it could not be traced, but of course they did. After the murders he was a cheapskate and sold it to his brother. I can't imagine anyone riding around with a gun on their dashboard that had be used in a murder. Most professional hit-men dispose of the gun immediately afterwards. Then again criminals can be really dumb sometimes. Lonnie did pass the polygraph about participating in the murders, but failed the part about knowing of the murders and how he recieved the gun.

Another point that is important to mention that has not been mentioned before, the gun was sold to Jim Henry and two eyewitnesses confirmed this. This means that a set up is less likely. In other words the gun could have not been planted on Lonnie by the police.

Another possiblity is that Jim or Lonnie leant the gun to someone else.

Either Lonnie Henry or Jim Henry knows what happened!

has it ever been confirmed that they were siblings? i saw it mentioned in the link above as a possibility but it seems like it would be easy to determine via dna.

I don't see anything about him being an informant in these links, nor about him being a paratrooper. It wasn't until recently that either of these details were mentioned. If anyone can post something that can confirm these details, please do so.

I think either Jim Henry or Lonnie Henry participated in the murder. I lean towards Jim Henry. He originally bought the gun stolen, then he sold it to his brother. My guess is he thought he would be slick by grinding down the serial numbers so it could not be traced, but of course they did. After the murders he was a cheapskate and sold it to his brother. I can't imagine anyone riding around with a gun on their dashboard that had be used in a murder. Most professional hit-men dispose of the gun immediately afterwards. Then again criminals can be really dumb sometimes. Lonnie did pass the polygraph about participating in the murders, but failed the part about knowing of the murders and how he recieved the gun.

Another point that is important to mention that has not been mentioned before, the gun was sold to Jim Henry and two eyewitnesses confirmed this. This means that a set up is less likely. In other words the gun could have not been planted on Lonnie by the police.

Another possiblity is that Jim or Lonnie leant the gun to someone else.

Either Lonnie Henry or Jim Henry knows what happened!

I will keep looking. I remeber reading it. It also said that the police know for certain through testing that the gun they found under the seat is the gun used in the murders.

I do not know anything about him being a paratrooper. Do not remember reading that anywhere until recently.

Really, somebody knows something, somebody knew something, their lips are just locked and need to be pried open!

This all makes me think that most of what we think is known about this couple is wrong.

I mean, what better way to cover up that you murdered a drug customer who wouldn't pay up or your girlfriend who's cheating on you, etc., than to convince the authorities that they're a foreign couple who's been assassinated for mysterious reasons? And really, a Coors Sebring race shirt sounds more like a southern guy than like a Canadian doctor's son.

If you discount the witness, is there any evidence that these two were a couple, beyond that they died together and might have eaten fruit ice cream together?

My guess is that the guy is from Florida (opposite direction of Canada), and if he's not a smoker but was carrying matches, he was probably into pot.

I would further guess that if they were together, they probably hooked up on the road, and if that's the case, she could be from anywhere.

Another speculation on my part: the witness appears to be covering up something, but he seems more afraid of being blamed for the murders than to be covering up actual guilt. Which sounds to me like he might have a connection to one of them.

Everything about this case seems to crash and burn.

Some guy says he played pool with the man who stayed at the campground his wife worked at. At some point in time LE goes to owners of said campground to look at records. They said they kept meticilious (sp) records, but house burned down with all the records.

LE exhumes bodies for DNA about 3 years ago, but still no answer.

LE stops man for drunk driving, finds gun under seat. Gun determined to be the gun used in the shooting. Man does pass/fail on polygraph. End of story. Man dies and takes secrets to grave.

LE "loans" John Does teeth out to teaching school. LE wants to look at teeth again, but wait the teaching school has destroyed the mans teeth.

You might think one thing could go south, but everything? I think it is entirely possible that somebody does in fact know that their child was murdered and is now buried in a cemetary, maybe that is enough knowledge for them. Sure would not be for me.

Also, there is some mention of a couple of psychics (on a websleuth thread). One of them becomes so afraid, she does not want anything more to do with the case. I know lots of people will discount this...but I have an open mind and do wonder.

I just want to know who they are, and why this happened to them. If in fact the parties involved are still alive, in my opinion, they should hang for this!

I feel like we need to start over. Get all news articles and reports, interviews, any info we've got on the case and comb through it and make a list of FACTS, FACTS THAT ARE DISPUTED IN OTHER PUBLICATIONS AND WHY, and CIRCUMSTANTIAL OR THEORY BASED ON OPINION.

has it ever been confirmed that they were siblings? i saw it mentioned in the link above as a possibility but it seems like it would be easy to determine via dna.

DNA testing has not been done, therefore, there is no way of knowing that information.

DNA testing has not been done, therefore, there is no way of knowing that information.

thanks. so basically we'd probably know who they were if someone bothered to test their dna and compare it to missing persons. i've never worked in le so i don't know what they're up against, but i have seen several cases where it took a concerned citizen saying "hey you've got a cold case that could be solved if you'd do x, y, or z" then they do it and voila case closed. anyone know who to contact? i believe the coroner that was very helpful has since retired.

thanks. so basically we'd probably know who they were if someone bothered to test their dna and compare it to missing persons. i've never worked in le so i don't know what they're up against, but i have seen several cases where it took a concerned citizen saying "hey you've got a cold case that could be solved if you'd do x, y, or z" then they do it and voila case closed. anyone know who to contact? i believe the coroner that was very helpful has since retired.

It is a university in Texas that has the samples. They do it for free. My understanding (or lack of) is that cases that are newer (thinking they might be solveable), or waiting on prosecution come first. I am also under the impression that they have a huge backlog of cases.

Look up the name Priscilla Blevins. She was recently identified after missing for 37 years. DNA was the key in her case. I think it would be the key in this case as well.

Seems like he may have just had a t-shirt and maybe had nothing to do with racing, was a fan only maybe?
The Female not shavin her legs may be a camping so no need to shave thing?
Like everyone else so far, beginning to be a bit concerened this may never be solved..
{ never say never]

In 1976, there was nothing the least unusual about a young US woman not shaving her legs or underarms. It might not have been the norm, but it was certainly common.

This all makes me think that most of what we think is known about this couple is wrong.

I mean, what better way to cover up that you murdered a drug customer who wouldn't pay up or your girlfriend who's cheating on you, etc., than to convince the authorities that they're a foreign couple who's been assassinated for mysterious reasons? And really, a Coors Sebring race shirt sounds more like a southern guy than like a Canadian doctor's son.

If you discount the witness, is there any evidence that these two were a couple, beyond that they died together and might have eaten fruit ice cream together?

My guess is that the guy is from Florida (opposite direction of Canada), and if he's not a smoker but was carrying matches, he was probably into pot.

I would further guess that if they were together, they probably hooked up on the road, and if that's the case, she could be from anywhere.

Another speculation on my part: the witness appears to be covering up something, but he seems more afraid of being blamed for the murders than to be covering up actual guilt. Which sounds to me like he might have a connection to one of them.

Agree that this was probably drug related. And,yes, I belive he had probably been living in Florida. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches