Unions Shut Down Traffic to LAX

TrackerSam

Reaction score
Ready to fly out of Los Angeles today to get to your family before Thanksgiving? Not so fast. Los Angeles’ labor unions have decided to protest on Thanksgiving Eve – one of the busiest travel days of the year – to snarl traffic around Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). President Obama’s favorite union, the Service Employees International Union, is spearheading the obnoxious effort; it’s supposed to last from 11 a.m to 4 p.m., virtually the entire day.
What exactly is SEIU protesting for? They say that an airport contract is breaking the city law on living wages – which, of course, is nonsense, since that would be prosecutable. They also say that the contractor has eliminated “affordable healthcare” for over 400 workers. Which is, again, bull. After all, can’t the SEIU just rely on Obamacare?

Leave it to the unions to ruin Thanksgiving. They’ve ruined every other day of the year.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/20/Thanksgiving-LAX-shutdown-union

This is going to make a huge, huge mess...huge.

I won't say anything else...but here's what I can say: I pray all those who are leaving/arriving at LAX be able to get home to see loved ones on this very special holiday...

And I just can't say any more.

Best-
Herding Cats

this is just mean, and not the first time by a long shot.

I support them.

I detest the business ethics of today... I think the strike location is tantamount to fisticuffs in the street, but notice, it's a non-violent way to disrupt and get the national attention they're seeking. I think it's genius.

And! I don't think they're going to prevent folks from "crossing" their picket line. The weather throws major delays into such travel, the system can take it. MOO

eta: Here's a link to an LA Times story about it-- seems they will be protesting on one of the Blvds that approach the airport, not the airport itself, of which, they are not affiliated. The location is to draw attention to the plight of union workers (ie, fair wages) in this country. I just hope things remain calm, at authorities are asking travelers to factor in another 90 minutes to their travel plans.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lax-thanksgiving-travel-protest,0,2999133.story

I support them.

eta: Here's a link to an LA Times story about it-- seems they will be protesting on one of the Blvds that approach the airport, not the airport itself, of which, they are not affiliated. The location is to draw attention to the plight of union workers (ie, fair wages) in this country. I just hope things remain calm, at authorities are asking travelers to factor in another 90 minutes to their travel plans.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-lax-thanksgiving-travel-protest,0,2999133.story

PLIGHT??? Oh cry me a river.:tantrum: They weren't born union workers, you make it sound as if they were born into slavery.

Nothing like unbiased reporting that attempts to tell the whole story...Unfortunately, we see none of that here.

PLIGHT??? Oh cry me a river.:tantrum: They weren't born union workers, you make it sound as if they were born into slavery.

I'm assuming, then, some here have not had their salary and benefits cut by their employer while demanding even more work, nor had the group with which they affiliate and to which they've paid membership, for years upon years, negated at the negotiation table. Yeah, it's hilarious when it happens to others. :what:

I will say, again, that the ethics of business today in the good old USA is pathetic and shameful-- it's the epitome of ungratefulness. I rejoice seeing workers unite in support of one another. It seems to me, anyway, that a loyal employee is nothing but a delusional fool in this corporate atmosphere. Disgraceful, imo.

Personally, I'm all about the boycott as well.

Consumers who stay mindful of who they reward with their business have a lot of power. During this holiday season, really take a look before opening your wallet... JMO

MOO

I'm assuming, then, some here have not had their salary and benefits cut by their employer while demanding even more work, nor had the group with which they affiliate and to which they've paid membership, for years upon years, negated at the negotiation table. Yeah, it's hilarious when it happens to others. :what:

I will say, again, that the ethics of business today in the good old USA is pathetic and shameful-- it's the epitome of ungratefulness. I rejoice seeing workers unite in support of one another. It seems to me, anyway, that a loyal employee is nothing but a delusional fool in this corporate atmosphere. Disgraceful, imo.

Personally, I'm all about the boycott as well.

Consumers who stay mindful of who they reward with their business have a lot of power. During this holiday season, really take a look before opening your wallet... JMO

MOO

The hyperbole is way over the top. No one owes anyone a job. They paid union dues....didn't get what they paid for..... and the unions are the good guy in this? :waitasec: :floorlaugh: They don't need a raise....they need to get a refund from the union. :rocker:

Well, they weren't all born at Harvard.

The hyperbole is way over the top. No one owes anyone a job. They paid union dues....didn't get what they paid for..... and the unions are the good guy in this? :waitasec: :floorlaugh: They don't need a raise....they need to get a refund from the union. :rocker:

Whose hyperbole do you mean?

A group of people stood on a sidewalk with signs and you reacted as if they were firing rockets at Jerusalem!

Whose hyperbole do you mean?

A group of people stood on a sidewalk with signs and you reacted as if they were firing rockets at Jerusalem!

Not true. "Los Angeles’ labor unions have decided to protest on Thanksgiving Eve – one of the busiest travel days of the year – to snarl traffic around Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)." Sounds like more than just some signs.

Last word - - Hostess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back