NEW UK website for missing and unidentified

Amber34

Reaction score
This is really exciting!

It is having some serious issues today, but as of the end of October, the UK finally has a Police run website for the missing and unidentified. Ta Da!

Drumroll please UK Missing Person's Bureau

They need to put a new hamster in the wheel to get it running, but today is the first time it has been in the press and it appears to be under a huge amount of strain. Poor hamster!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/new-missing-persons-bureau-website-hosts-images-of-unidentified-dead-bodies-to-help-families-trace-loved-ones-8335203.html

There are numerous press links springing up now, so expect poor performance for the foreseeable future. We never manage to get it quite right, do we?

If we had a UK dedicated forum, this would look lovely there ;)

Edit: I have added the link to Resources in the Missing Persons forum and also started a new thread in the Unidentified forum. I feel this link needs to be liberally scattered around so please post it wherever you see fit.

Here is the Daily Mail link about the website: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lishes-pictures-unidentified-dead-bodies.html

This commenter is one sandwich short of a picnic:

Disturbing website. Will be reporting it. We don't want children to be seeing things like this. - thevoiceofone, london, United Kingdom, 20/11/2012 11:36 =========================================================================== You been in a coma or are new to the Internet or something? YOU have control over what your children see on the Net - FYI it''s called PARENTAL CONTROL - so get a grip! There's absolute FILTH and VIOLENCE on there - but I suppose that's OK? You see much worse graphic violence on lots of video games. Also, dunno who'll you'll be reporting this to - it's an OFFICIALLY sanctioned site. Wonder what your reaction would be if YOU had cause to need this in future - and I sincerely hope you DON'T. No moaning then though, eh?

I can't decide whether to facepalm or punch a wall out of total embarrassment.

Thanks Amber for this thread, it is really exciting and could yield some results for the families of the missing from all over the world. Word needs to get out. I shall start tweeting the link regularly

Here is the Daily Mail link about the website: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lishes-pictures-unidentified-dead-bodies.html

This commenter is one sandwich short of a picnic:

I can't decide whether to facepalm or punch a wall out of total embarrassment.

Meanwhile, the dear little pets who need all this protection are probably surgically grafted to some sort of games controller and oblivious to their mad parent's ranting (or in their rooms downloading *advertiser censored*). :wink:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back