CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
an article I found that has really made me think there is something way too hinky about this case

Elaine Redwine told ABC News she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son.

“He hasn’t had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn’t respond,” she said. “I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive.”

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com...er-suspects-ex-husband-in-sons-disappearance/

I saw this, but the hinky parts for me has come from the word go(which was like day two of the whole thing)A parent reporting there child missing, and not having a clue what they were wearing is at most weird to me...I have six kids and can usually tell you what they had on the moment they walk out my door. Two, even my children all said "Did he have his cell phone?" If he had cell phone why is it off, why hadn't he used it? Three, leaving my children several of them older than Dylan and one his age for more than like an hour I check in with them on the phone, or they are calling me. If he was sleeping like the relative said when father left how would they know he had a hat on the last time he was seen?
Question I would ask people myself, if Dylan has a cell phone, did dad call it before going to friends house to look for Dylan? I mean that is what I would do, and if no answer if he knows these friends of Dylans he should have there phone number did he call them? If Dylan's plans were to fish why just a fishing pole and nothing else, I mean you need bait, or lures, and hooks, and weights where is the tackle box? If the father has a landline phone what would keep Dylan from calling his buddies that morning after dad left to let em know he wasn't coming right then?

(From article)

"In a phone interview with 7NEWS, Mark Redwine responded to his ex-wife's remarks by saying she is making this "more than it needs to be.""

-----

"...more than it needs to be..."??? What could be more than finding Dylan????

If my child were missing, I'd let anyone throw me under the bus or anywhere else to help find my kid.

I'm bewildered. Just stunned by that remark.

(From article)

"In a phone interview with 7NEWS, Mark Redwine responded to his ex-wife's remarks by saying she is making this "more than it needs to be.""

-----

"...more than it needs to be..."??? What could be more than finding Dylan????

If my child were missing, I'd let anyone throw me under the bus or anywhere else to help find my kid.

I'm bewildered. Just stunned by that remark.

I think it was in response to what his wife said about the father having something to do with Dylan missing. Where she said 'if I can't have him, nobody will.'

It wasn't about his son missing though I don't think. Of course I could be wrong.

Just an idea...

Mom has really been very close lipped about dad up until this latest article...

Yet... I imagine this information (fears of his treatment of Dylan) was shared with LE from the beginning of the investigation..

Could LE have encouraged this interview with mom to be aired in the media... to gauge the response it would get from dad? :waitasec:

I think it was in response to what his wife said about the father having something to do with Dylan missing. Where she said 'if I can't have him, nobody will.'

It wasn't about his son missing though I don't think. Of course I could be wrong.

I'm certain he was addressing the mom's accusation, I agree.

What I find compelling about the statement is his word choice. Under the circumstances, it seems very, very odd to me that he would use that particular phrase, especially as it was voiced in his own defense. Very odd.

I'm certain he was addressing the mom's accusation, I agree.

What I find compelling about the statement is his word choice. Under the circumstances, it seems very, very odd to me that he would use that particular phrase, especially as it was voiced in his own defense. Very odd.

I agree. I don't know anything that would be considered 'bigger' than my kid being missing for a week. So to accuse her of making a bigger deal out of it than necessary seems odd, imo. [ ..' making it more than it needs to be...']

JMHO

"making it worse than it needs to be" is in my very own, honest, experienced opinion, a phrase often used by abusers to minimise their actions/behaviours.

JMHO

"making it worse than it needs to be" is in my very own, honest, experienced opinion, a phrase often used by abusers to minimise their actions/behaviours.

:goodpost: BINGO. Thank You. It is the way many abusers try to throw it back on the rest of the family, accusing them of being overly dramatic.

You all could very well be right. The thing is we don't know. What we do know is their is a custody/visitation fight over Dylan. I don't know that I would put to much into what the mother is saying yet.

It sounds like the mother and father have some serious issues with each other. What that is I don't know.

Their are no suspects or POI's at this point though. I'm not sure why the Mom is even talking to the media about this. I'm a little surprised for some reason.

You all could very well be right. The thing is we don't know. What we do know is their is a custody/visitation fight over Dylan. I don't know that I would put to much into what the mother is saying yet.

It sounds like the mother and father have some serious issues with each other. What that is I don't know.

Their are no suspects or POI's at this point though. I'm not sure why the Mom is even talking to the media about this. I'm a little surprised for some reason.

She's probably sick with worry , frustration and anger and given the situation I don't think I could show that much restraint. If something happened to your child and you thought your ex wasn't being forthcoming, it would make you lose your mind. She probably has a million questions about what happened during the visit, what did they do Sunday, what was the last thing he and Dylan spoke about....to not be able to have open communication and answers to these questions has got to be excruciating.

JMHO

Thank you! Good call. Mark Redwine refusing to answer his wife's and oldest son's phone calls when their youngest son/little brother is missing from HIS house is emotionally abusive. Then, Mark minimized this emotionally abusive behavior and tried to make his ex-wife appear to be irrational (which is another example of emotional abuse). Perpetrators of domestic abuse often deny and/or minimize their abusive behavior.

I agree. At this point, it seems like this is information she should be sharing with LE and NOT the entire world. A lot of the news articles up until now seem to focus on the idea that anything could have happened and all avenues are being explored even the runaway theory. This could potentially complicate matters especially with the Dad cooperating with LE especially since he has basically been publicly accused by the Mom. Unless there is a strategy I am not seeing of course. I do understand how emotionally distraught she must be right now, but I hope those emotions didn't lead to her saying something that will later complicate this case even more than it already is.

I am also seeing some bashing of the judge for making a horrible decision, but a parent has the right to see their child unless there is documented abuse. I think if there was documented and investigated abuse we would know by now. If there wasn't then there is no reason the father should have been denied access to his child. I feel like people are assuming stuff about the dad and custody situation based on Mom's comments. She may be telling the truth, but that truth may not necessarily be reflected in court documents.

Sounds like a sad situation all around though.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/0/News01/Frustrations-mounting

“I’m running out of prayers,” Elaine Redwine said as she watched a law enforcement boat equipped with sonar trace patterns on the reservoir near the dam. “The longer this goes on, the more helpless we feel.”

“It’s no comfort that they didn’t find anything in the water today,” she said Monday. “But just looking for your little boy in a lake is horrific.”

Oh my word..this is just SO sad....
What an awful nightmare she must be going through.

Sounds like dad is not willing to indulge in the blame game with mom....which won't help find Dylan.

I feel like people are assuming stuff about the dad and custody situation based on Mom's comments.

I can't speak for anyone else, but as for my personal opinion, mom's comments are a drop in the bucket -- and a belated drop, at that. My personal suspicions developed way before mom ever spoke to the media. Unfortunately, her interview seems to support what I've already gathered.

My perspective only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members