CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a situation involving someone I know years ago. I mentioned it briefly on an earlier thread. Her husband left her for another woman and he showed NO interest in their 2 sons, so the woman and her young sons moved near her parents over 500 miles away. Not long afterwards, the ex and his gf moved near them and sought joint custody of the kids. Once that was awarded, the ex and new wife moved to CO, over 1000 miles away and then starting seeking primary custody of the kids. At first the kids weren't that excited about seeing their dad, but he started promising to buy them things. Whenever a judge would rule in the mom's favor, the dad would take her to court again and she was running out of money paying for lawyers. When the oldest boy was about 12, he was asked which parent he wanted to stay with and he chose his dad. So, the dad was awarded primary custody of both sons. The judge even acknowledged that the woman was a good mother, but felt the dad and his new wife could provide for the boys better because they both worked and had a higher income. The mother was devastated!

So, my point is that a disinterested parent will sometimes use the children and seek custody only to hurt the ex. I know it can work both ways and it's a shame that selfish parents do such things.

I'm very curious as to WHY ER decided to move her family nearly 300 miles away.

Mom got a better job at a better college

http://texasequusearch.org/
I shared this link on the FB missing page for Dylan, in hopes they would contact these people, because of the area it is in and the possiablities of the lake....I was hoping they would....because it seems they have to have better technology than what they used in the search for Dylan...Using a high end sonar(fish finder)isn't about to give them what they need...IMO...

Maybe the same reason the mom and brother talked about Dylan in the past tense?

thank you for your comment. Could you direct me in the right place to hear or read statements the mother or brother have made publicly..thank you in advance.

Here you go Scorekeeper!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 28
Yeah that, AND......what if he arrived at the friends house and Dylan WAS there having a great time? Uhm mm, wouldn't it seem kinda ......drastic......to go driving that distance over there just to say "ok, I thought you were here". I mean, wasn't he EXPECTING that Dylan would be there anyway?

--- Did the friend even HAVE a phone? Maybe he HAD to drive there if there was no phone.
--- Did he only go there at ER's insistence? If they spoke beforehand and she told MR that Dylan hadn't answered her calls or texts at all that day and MR told her Dylan "was at friends house" and to chill. Maybe she told him he better eyeball Dylan personally or she'd be calling law enforcement pronto.

>>>>>>>>> Maybe it was actually ER that raised the initial 'alert' about Dylan's absence, forcing MR's hand. <<<<<<<<<<

If that's what happened, it becomes apparent that Dylan could have ended up missing for several DAYS before he was reported missing, with MR claiming he thought Dylan was at a friend's house all that time.

He went to the friend's house and called her once he realized he wasn't there. I really doubt he would have called her if he thought Dylan was just with friends.

Dont phone books still exist? No snark intended.
Not usually for cell phones. A lot of people these days don't have land lines. (at least that's what I hear, I'm one of the few people left who doesn't have a cell phone!)

So now we know, they have no proof dad and son stopped to go shopping, eat or anything else. I would bet nothing puts Dylan in dads house either.

I don't know about that. I do know that they removed an ipod from the home, and I would think that to be Dylan's(that in my mind could place him there).

Assuming the friend had a landline, it would have made more sense to look up the phone number and call. Thing is, a lot of people no longer have landlines. Finding cell numbers is pretty hard.

So now we know, they have no proof dad and son stopped to go shopping, eat or anything else. I would bet nothing puts Dylan in dads house either.

How do we know that? What I read was that they were now going to go through pictures and videos people gave them.

Video and photographs provided by the community to the Task Force are being analyzed by investigators for clues. The Task Force is still requesting any recreational video footage or photographs that include vehicles traveling on any routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake, taken between 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 through noon on Monday Nov. 19. Citizens who have video footage or photographs that may be helpful to the investigation are asked to call dispatch at 970-385-2900 to make an arrangement to get a copy of the footage or photographs to the Task Force.

She said both things before much of anything had even been done (not that a lot has been done since then). I think 3-4 days is sooner than I'd believe someone I had been married to for 20 years, and who had spent many times alone with OUR child, would murder him. Maybe I'm just weird though. Don't everybody rush to agree with the last statement! :notgood:

Very sadly, I have to say it: I would believe this in a flash of the man I was married to for 20 years, even though he held down a responsible job teaching at a college and NO ONE else would ever have believed it.

The reason: he was severely narcissistically personality disordered, was alcoholic, had an explosive temper that was sometimes fueled by illegal drugs coupled with apathy from too much pot smoking, and was extremely irresponsible when it came to the care of our 2 sons. And, yes, he would have said he loved them dearly and they meant everything to him. And it would have been true in the very limited capacity he had to "feel" love. It was a selfish "they exist for MY ego needs" kind of love.

And he would NOT have known the phone numbers of his kid's friends nor the whereabouts of his sons nor felt it his responsibility do know either.

And YES, that is why I stayed with him that long. I WAS TERRIFIED OF BEING IN ELAINE'S POSITION. I couldn't risk even a weekend visitation. :(

But the world at large would NEVER have believed it. He had quite a fan club among the students at the college.

Lol I had a special drawer for ours up until a few months ago! I finally tossed it. Don't need one now, haven't needed one for years.

I have Siri ! I adore her;)

"All of the information received by the Task Force is being compiled by Task Force Crime Analysts for timeline development and future Task Force action strategies," said Lt. Ray Shupe, Public Information Officer for the task force. "Regional law enforcement agencies, Colorado law enforcement agencies, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement officers in other states around the U.S. have been assisting the Task Force in tip follow-ups."
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...or-help-from-public-in-criminal-investigation

BBM

send them the timeline from here

what to make of tips statement that is BBM

I don't know about that. I do know that they removed an ipod from the home, and I would think that to be Dylan's(that in my mind could place him there).

not to argue... but all that does is place the ipod at the home. If Dylan left with all of his stuff, he would surely take the ipod too. If my 13 year old could only take one item, it would be her ipod!

I disagree. The first two days he ewas missing they had all hands on deck for their SEARCH for a missing child. They were coordinating search and rescue efforts in the woods and abandoned outbuildings and at the dam, where dad himself insinuated the boy might be, with his missing fishing pole. There were searchers in the woods ALL night both Monday and Tuesday, and 200 people searched the surrounding neighborhoods, and local parks.

How would it have looked to amass their forces at Dad's cabin while Dylan might be out in the woods in a ditch or stuck in a ravine? They took dad at his word that Dylan went off fishing by himself. So why would they put all of their resources into searching his property?

Besides, they DID search it the first day or so. They said they looked in all of the rooms and the basement, looking for Dylan and his cell phone. So they did do a search. And obviously they kept their eyes peeled for a crime scene or anything obvious.

But I find dad's constant criticism of LE kind of insulting, given the irresponsible parenting on his part, imo. He leaves the kid alone, NEVER checks in on him, then when he does return, he does not check into why he is not there. He assumes he somehow got a ride somewhere, with no double checking at all.
Eventually, 5 hrs later, he does go see if he is at his friends. And he has the nerve to criticize LE for not finding his own son sooner?

'''How would it have looked to amass their forces at Dad's cabin while Dylan might be out in the woods in a ditch or stuck in a ravine? They took dad at his word that Dylan went off fishing by himself. So why would they put all of their resources into searching his property? ''''

Very interesting Katydid. A wild goose chase perhaps ?

She said both things before much of anything had even been done (not that a lot has been done since then). I think 3-4 days is sooner than I'd believe someone I had been married to for 20 years, and who had spent many times alone with OUR child, would murder him. Maybe I'm just weird though. Don't everybody rush to agree with the last statement! :notgood:

AGREE!!!!
Kidding. If you're weird, then so am I and a few other people. Dad seemed to show more restraint towards her than she did him. That tells me a lot about his character.
I read the transcript of the interview. I found nothing odd about anything he said. He wasn't putting the focus on himself, he was trying to bring the focus back to Dylan, and the reporter kept asking him questions about himself or why his ex was blaming him. He didn't take the bait. Smart man.
These reporters just slay me... the things they ask a person just to get something juicy. Sheesh!

http://texasequusearch.org/
I shared this link on the FB missing page for Dylan, in hopes they would contact these people, because of the area it is in and the possiablities of the lake....I was hoping they would....because it seems they have to have better technology than what they used in the search for Dylan...Using a high end sonar(fish finder)isn't about to give them what they need...IMO...

BBM

I don't know exactly what type of sonar was used, but acoustic imaging devices (side scan and sector scanning sonar systems in particular) used in underwater cadaver searches are state-of-the-art and by no stretch of the imagination would be considered a "fish finder". JMO

Not being snarky, just wanting to set the record straight.

I agree that Equusearch could be of immense help in the search for Dylan. As I posted earlier on this thread, I also think the CUE Center for Missing Persons could be of enormous help as well.

I hope Dylan's family will take advantage of every possible resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla