CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. A non-custodial parent with 92 overnights or less can receive child support from the parent with more than 92 overnights if that parent earns substantially more. It depends on the salaries. Even if the new 2012 decree got below the 93 overnights, that increase in cs would've been negated by travel costs of the moving parent. My GUESS is that the original 2007 decree defaulted to the unwritten rule of 50/50 parenting time and cs should've been a wash, considering Mom was working in financial aid at Fort Lewis College and Dad was a pipe fitter.

I pay $220 per month due to the extra 700 miles the ex has to drive.

Are you an attorney in CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems it'd be a commercial flight, and Dad said it was direct, but I don't see a flight arriving within that timeframe from COS-DRO. Was it delayed/did the layover take longer than expected (didn't find any direct NS), or was it a charter flight? Did anyone find a comm'l direct flight fitting this timeframe into DRO 11/18 or is that time wrong?

Now that dad has given us a timeline with locations for Sunday night, thought I'd look if it made sense. Per my map app, from the airport to the Walmart takes 18 minutes. From the link, This Walmart doesn't appear to have a McDs inside it like the one near me does (and it's listed that way on mine). From the Walmart to the McDs takes 6 minutes. From the McDs to the 2300 block of CR 500 takes 1 hour, 11 min. Factor in time to shop for groceries and time to eat, and if all times are accurate, seems a tight timeframe for Dylan to then end up asleep at 8.
Even if we shorten the drive to dad's house from McDs to the 45 min referenced in this article, it still seems fairly tight, IMO.

link

Per this post by a local:

I wonder what all was purchased at Walmart. (LE most likely knows, IMO.) Was the fishing pole purchased that night, and that's why it stood out to dad it was missing? Was buying the pole the specific reason for going to the busy, long line Walmart? If it was bought that night, why wasn't fishing in the list of possible activities for the week dad shared in the video? If Dylan's flight was delayed and/or Dylan was already tired from the night before, as Dad said, why do the shopping that night? Why not add it to his own errands the following morning, get Dylan dinner, and home, if he's tired?

And, if Dad had to fight to get the week visit with Dylan, why weren't the two Mon am appts moved to before or after his visit? And errands done prior? He hadn't seen Dylan for almost three months. And, if Dylan just ended up going to sleep at 8, and dad was departing the house early, as others said why not just let him sleep over with his friends as planned?

Dad says in the video below at approx 5:20 in that Dylan knew once Mark got back he'd "be working on getting him down to his friends". Odd wording, IMO. Why not just he knew when I got back I'd drive him there??

Uncut: Mark Redwine talks about son's dissapearance - YouTube

Just some things that stand out to me...:waitasec:

Did MR say DR was in bed by eight? Or since this is the last time the phone pinged is it speculation he was in bed by 8. I have just heard they went to bed early because DR had been up late the night before. thanks.

Mistook texting for calling in spotty area. I'm telling you, once something is out and everyone dissects it to mush, I don't remember what the original actually said anymore. I said that about 20 pages ago. Got accused of being sarcastic when in fact, it's just my brain not remembering the original issue after hours and pages of it being shredded and made to be something else. Sorry.

Seejay,

Don't be sorry. As you can see, most of us are in the same spot as you (I know I am). From all the posts you would think we have a ton of MSM stuff to sift through...:what::what:

Just get back over in Morgan's thread. We know what is what there and where all the crazy is hidden, lol.

Lol! :floorlaugh: So true! We know what we are dealing with over there at least. I'm heading over there now that I've finally caught up here. Hopefully there will be some good news about Dylan when I return (but really I will probably be coming back to 20 new pages and be wayyy behind again).

I just asked my son, he said they have batteries but you can't take them out.

I asked the Apple store rep about "replacing the batteries" and he sold me a $100 Mophie because he said the battery can't be replaced in the iPhone.

And how about the "weekend father" behavior, you know, spoiling DR, letting him do and eat whatever he wanted, etc. I presume Dad would bend over backwards to make himself the good guy in DR's eyes, what with the animosity, if any, between the parents. If Dad is being truthful, he adores his youngest child. JMO.

If you have ever been around a 13 year old sometimes what you want and what you think would be fun is the furtherest from their minds. They want to do what they want to do and they might say thank you. I love my 13 year old gs, but he can be totally unappreciative at times. And very selfish. jmo

Seejay,

Don't be sorry. As you can see, most of us are in the same spot as you (I know I am). From all the posts you would think we have a ton of MSM stuff to sift through...:what::what:

I think it is a testament to how much we all care about Dylan that we find ourselves posting and reposting and hashing and rehashing the same stuff here as we anxiously await more news. There's nothing new, but yet we can't tear ourselves away.

Where are you, Dylan? We never met you, but we all are desperately worried about you! :please:

And how about the "weekend father" behavior, you know, spoiling DR, letting him do and eat whatever he wanted, etc. I presume Dad would bend over backwards to make himself the good guy in DR's eyes, what with the animosity, if any, between the parents. If Dad is being truthful, he adores his youngest child. JMO.

In Southern California, we call that "Disney Dad."

I asked the Apple store rep about "replacing the batteries" and he sold me a $100 Mophie because he said the battery can't be replaced in the iPhone.

Really?? That's not good news to my iPhone. I didn't realize that. It would be the first cell phone I've had where the battery can't be replaced. I've had to replace the battery in several of my old ones.......yikes!!

We lived in the AZ side of the four corners, and had terrible cell phone service and dial up on the computer! Sometimes we would have to drive to the top of a mountian to get a call out on the cell phone.....that being said, we relied on our land line for most calls!

There was new info today re: Walmart, McDs, dad texting Dylan, dad retaining a criminal defense attorney, task force still investigating RSO's and the hitchhiking theory, etc.

And dad didn't just let Dylan do whatever he wanted, or he'd have been spending Sunday night with his friends.

Moo

Nope. We know so little in this case that it is infuriating.

There was new info today re: Walmart, McDs, dad texting Dylan, dad retaining a criminal defense attorney, task force still investigating RSO's and the hitchhiking theory, etc.

And dad didn't just let Dylan do whatever he wanted, or he'd have been spending Sunday night with his friends.

Moo

Unless something happened and Dylan wasn't around to spend the night with his friends....

One last thing regarding Mountain Lions, I am reminded of an episode of Psych (I loooove this show, check it out if you've never seen it, the 2 main characters are hilarious in my opinion...)The show takes place in Santa Barbara, a place well known for ML activity (not to be confused with MR...kidding, sorry ) Anyway, in this particular case, there is foul play. But the perp PURPOSELY places the body in the wilderness near where MLs have been seen so that it would appear the victim fell prey to the animal, should the body be found. (Sorry so graphic, still hoping for a miracle).

Sorry to quote myself. I just got home and am way behind at the posts but picking up at the location of my above post several pages back. I just read it and, well, I am coming across inappropriately! I hope nobody quoted me. While we were jesting about Criminal Mountain Lions, I think I got a little carried away. This is a very serious situation and I have to remember my own feelings during Jessica's case...I was very sensitive to attempts at humor, as well as graphic references. There was lots of tension and conflict, and if anyone even said one thing I took to be out of line, oh looook out. Out of respect for Dylan's family and people in his community, I would like to hold some restraint about graphic theories, descriptions, as well as the usage of certain verbage above, such as the b word, without any factual basis. This was one of my biggest problems with NG! LE has said this is a search effort. While I know I meant no disrespect, this is what I would like to focus on. My above post is completely tacky, sorry about that. Neither is this a time for me to be recommending TV shows. I was here all night last night and have seemed to have made myself a little too comfortable, in turn coming across as casual and insensitive in my tone. While some of us, who of course care deeply, are out looking in (such as myself), there are people who are in looking out.

Enough said about me, I, blah blah blah...look forward to see what you guys have come up with about Dylan.

BBM

I really hope this does happen.

I would love to see them working with Tim Miller also. I hope someone with FB has passed his information on to them...TIA

I'm not sure about the psychics but it seems like they received something..

And thank you, Mysticskye, for sharing the update! Greatly appreciated

iPhone batteries can be replaced.

iPhone Owners
Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your coverage to two years from the date of your iPhone purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone. During the plan’s coverage period, Apple will replace the battery if it drops below 50% of its original capacity. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery replacement for $79, plus $6.95 shipping, subject to local tax. Apple disposes of your battery in an environmentally friendly manner.
link

Really?? That's not good news to my iPhone. I didn't realize that. It would be the first cell phone I've had where the battery can't be replaced. I've had to replace the battery in several of my old ones.......yikes!!

I assure you that it can be done. Here is a link for doing it with the 4.

http://m.imore.com/tipb-weekly-mod-replace-battery-iphone-4

I have not looked it up for the 5 yet but I'm told the process is the same. It isn't advisable to do it (I know this from experience) but it can be done.

I think it is a testament to how much we all care about Dylan that we find ourselves posting and reposting and hashing and rehashing the same stuff here as we anxiously await more news. There's nothing new, but yet we can't tear ourselves away.

Where are you, Dylan? We never met you, but we all are desperately worried about you! :please:

I think that sometimes by hashing and rehashing it may possibly even help a lightbulb to go on for someone which may help shed new light onto something we all may have overlooked. Keep on keeping on, fellow sleuthers!

iPhone batteries can be replaced.

link

That's with a warranty. You can't just go into an Apple store and buy a new battery and replace it yourself like you can with most cell phones.

(Yes I know it's possible to open up the iPhone and do it yourself but you'd be voiding your warranty and it's certainly not as easy as it is for other phones.)

If you have ever been around a 13 year old sometimes what you want and what you think would be fun is the furtherest from their minds. They want to do what they want to do and they might say thank you. I love my 13 year old gs, but he can be totally unappreciative at times. And very selfish. jmo

I really don't think it's selfishness so much as just self-centeredness (is that a word?). When my boys were that age they would mope around if forced to go someplace they didn't want to go, or being told they couldn't go someplace that they wanted to go. On the other hand, if I explained to them why it was important to someone else that they go, or why it wasn't possible to go somewhere, they were understanding - most of the time.

I think the problem with 13 year olds is that they're on the verge of becoming adults. They want to test their wings, and their decision-making skills. They want to prove they're independent enough to deserve some freedom, but still want to know someone will be there to back them up if they find they aren't. I believe Dylan may have wanted to go to MR's house so he could see his friends. I'm sure he tried talking him into taking him Sunday night because they were all anxious to see each other, but may have been slightly relieved that MR insisted on him getting some sleep first. I can't say much about cell phone usage at that age, my boys didn't have them at that age, and neither do most of the 13 year olds I know now. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member