CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go by dad's statement as being true then here's a possibility...

Maybe Dylan's phone did get dropped around 8pm therefore not able to use it.
Wakes up dad's gone, can't use phone as it is broken. Doesn't have friends number's memorized so can't use land line and does try to hitch-hike as he doesn't want to wait around for dad. He grabs his backpack so he can stay over at friends as dad said he would want to stay at friends for Mon and Tues.(per interview with dad on KOAT.com)He even grabs fishing pole and leaves down CR500 heading south toward friends direction.

Here's the thing, the nearest RSO is only 0.5mi or 2mins down that street from dad's house! This RSO was busted by ICE for child *advertiser censored*. Dylan is alone and walking and passes this area fairly quickly and well...? IDK but I hope they are double, triple and quadruple checking that guy!

Also of note, there is a place called Chain Lakes right off that street as well only 1.7mi or 4mins from dad's house past the RSO. (Possible fishing spot?)

So maybe...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211083094559374875949.0004cfe948bcb3410c2af&msa=0&ie=UTF8&ll=37.460757,-107.555122&spn=0.030522,0.05888&t=h&z=14&vpsrc=6

Maybe this is the male in me, but why would this be upsetting? He hadn't seen his friends in a while, of course he is going to want to see them.

If I was his father, I wouldn't feel the least bit slighted.

Well, he hasn't seen his father in while either. I would be upset if I hadn't seen my kid in while, he shows up and doesn't want to spend any time with me.

There has been so much made of this court ordered visitation. When 2 people divorce standard visitation allows one parent Thanksgiving, the following year , the other parent. It's the same with Christmas. Do we know that MR went and got this week's visit? Or is it just the language of ' court ordered' visits that is causing this confusion. Mom would likely have Dylan for Christmas this year and next year, vice versa. Because there were some changes due to the mom moving away does not mean it altered the standard court ordered visitation from 6 or 7 years ago . MR probably was more diligent in getting his son this Thanksgiving than in the past because of the move, but that doesn't mean he went to court specificially last week or month to ' force' a visit on Dylan. Probably when they lived very near each other, Dylan just saw him on the actualy DAY of Thanksgiving and it was not a full week .

Also..........some folks.........not naming any names.......might be getting sleepy. JS :)

And so we are back to square one. Why didn't Dylan call his friends or used his facebook?

HOW could he do this. TIA. I've been to Vallecito lake this past summer. I had NO service with ATT. Have you been there?

Phone off postings <modsnip>
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8595133&postcount=531"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5[/ame]

Facebook ...seriously? That's a RUMOR as far as I'm concerned and per TOS.

here too:
http://websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=8595162

AGAIN ^^^ never said it was "off".

But now it's a FACT the phone was OFF and we've run amuk with all this speculation. IMO.

Each to their own, but let's try to stay in some sort of reality with MSM and the few facts we know ... it isn't much, but that's all we've got.

There are several iPods. Just FYI: http://www.apple.com/ipod/
No WHERE ever has it even be hinted that DR had an iPad.

WE (here on WS) have no idea what sort of phone DR had. IMO PEACE.

But the first day the kid is there, dad takes off for a 4 hours of errands.

But Dylan had planned on being with his friends that day so I don't see anything wrong with that.

Well, he hasn't seen his father in while either. I would be upset if I hadn't seen my kid in while, he shows up and doesn't want to spend any time with me.

He saw his "kid" on Labor Day, 2012. Who said the "kid" didn't want to be with his father?

Do you have a link that shows MR paid an attorney for visitation rights for this holiday? Or anything that was separate from the divorce? Just wondering because it has been mentioned but I have not seen anything proving that. tia

First, please see my statement.

Dylan didn't pay an attorney to pursue visitation in court.

Moo

It does not state MR paid an attorney specifically for visitation on this holiday. That this visit was in response to court ordered visitation has been linked and posted, but if it's proven hard to find, I'll BRB and will edit this post with a link to help. :)

Dylan was visiting his father, Mark Redwine, under court order during the Thanksgiving holiday. The parents divorced in 2007. Elaine Redwine moved with Dylan and his brother, Cory, 21, to Colorado Springs.
Link

Here's one link for you. I've seen others with more detail, iirc, but HTH! :)

He saw his "kid" on Labor Day, 2012. Who said the "kid" didn't want to be with his father?

As soon as Dylan showed up at his father's, he wanted go visit friends. Father had to tell him it was too late, so he then made plans to go visit friends first thing in the morning.

I agree. That would be pretty upsetting. You haven't seen your child in while, he shows up and all he wants is go visit friends.

Naw, that's about right for a teenager. No worries, they wise up around 30 and old mom and pop seem mighty smart.

But Dylan had planned on being with his friends that day so I don't see anything wrong with that.

But the father was the one who was supposed to deliver Dylan to these friends.

Absolutely....but they haven't confirmed. Frustrating indeed.

In addition, they have asked common citizens for any video footage.
:banghead:

They haven't confirmed to the PUBLIC but I betcha LE knows exactly where DR and MR were after leaving the airport. As I wrote before, they key to this mystery lies in what occurred that Sunday night and early Monday morning. If Dad is not telling the truth, then there's the answer.

As I have been upset before because my son wanted to see his friends more than be with me but that's that age.

If I'd made him stay and spend time with me when he wanted to do things with his friends it would not have been quality time. moo

As soon as Dylan showed up at his father's, he wanted go visit friends. Father had to tell him it was too late, so he then made plans to go visit friends first thing in the morning.

And....... That mean's he didn't want to BE with his dad or did it mean he was happy to be back to where he grew up and see his buds?

Up to each to interpret that he hates being with dad but glad to see his buds or either or.

They haven't confirmed to the PUBLIC but I betcha LE knows exactly where DR and MR were after leaving the airport. As I wrote before, they key to this mystery lies in what occurred that Sunday night and early Monday morning. If Dad is not telling the truth, then there's the answer.

What they said publicly is that they only verified Dylan's arrival at the airport. And then they asked for video from the public. So I am not so sure about that.

Why is everyone getting testy about whether or not Dylan wanted to go or not? It doesn't make sense. This is a divorce situation. Dylan lives with his mom. Maybe Dylan doesn't want to hurt his mom's feelings and puts on a show that he isn't thrilled he is going. I m sure there are lots of folks who have been in this situation. Kids of divorce go through he-- and we know it.

I have been on both sides. I was neutral territory. Placing blame on either parent right now is not right by any stretch of the imagination. This whole family is hurting whether they like each other or not.

Now LE has verified MR's travel and movement and appointments. If they shopped at Wal-Mart and were caught on the security camera, and if LE waited 10 days to request to view these films - believe me, it could take a couple of days to view. It does have to be LE that requests to view also...at WM anyhow.

I believe he was taken and I believe it happened between the time dad left and came home. Until I hear otherwise from LE I will read but not be posting unless some other likely scenario is brought up.

I'm catching up. Can someone tell me if MR has said the phone was dropped/broken? Where is this idea coming from? TIA

Also, has it been said that the father had WIFI or not? Even if the phone was off (which I do not know too many teens who would ever turn their phone off, even when charging), IF Dylan had an iPod touch, he could have used WIFI and a free texting app and would not need cellular service.

I'm catching up. Can someone tell me if MR has said the phone was dropped/broken? Where is this idea coming from? TIA

Also, has it been said that the father had WIFI or not? Even if the phone was off (which I do not know too many teens who would ever turn their phone off, even when charging), IF Dylan had an iPod touch, he could have used WIFI and a free texting app and would not need cellular service.

I have no clue where that idea is coming from. MR hasn't said anything about phone being broken, as far as I know. MR also says he tried to text Dylan after he arrived back home and Dylan was not there. So MR was expecting the phone to work.

Obviously that was a typo. But, thanks for clarify for me.

I figured so on the typo! I just wanted to make sure. :) I've heard of people calling 911 for the most off the wall things - i.e. "they won't make my hamburger with no onions!" so I was a tiny bit worried someone might see your post and think 911 was a good way to get a phone #. I knew you didn't mean that and should've been clearer. I hope my post didn't come across badly or negatively - if I did I apologize, I definitely didn't mean it that way.

But the father was the one who was supposed to deliver Dylan to these friends.

So MR would have planned to do errands. Dylan sleeping in was not planned MR stayed on his schedule. All my opinion .

:pillowfight2: :bedtime: :eek:fftobed:

Nite all

I'm sure Dad knows his son better than we do. He probably remembers how he felt about HIS parents at 13! I would rather have been anywhere at 13 than be with my parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member