CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't at home, that is a funny statement. It's a cell phone how would he know he wasn't home?

Haha, I read it the same way. Amazing how a little different inflection changes the meaning :blushing:

Something that has just occurred to me. We've heard about Dylan not wanting to go to his dad's and the fact that the visit was court ordered. How do we know he didn't want to go - is it just from the mum?

Because I was thinking, if Dylan's friends were his priority as has been said, and that he was so eager to see them, he wanted to go straight from the airport, and the fact that these were life-long friends of his who he didn't get to see since his mum moved away ........... then surely a trip to Dad's would be something welcomed by Dylan as he'd get to see his mates again.

I'm just wondering if too much focus has been put on the opinion that Dylan was forced to go on this trip against his will -maybe its been over-exaggerated? Because if I was 13 and had moved away from my best friends, I wouldn't be fussed where I had to stay, if I got the chance to spend a week with them.

I do think you are right. All of this extrapolation comes from the fact that mom said that Dylan texted her to say that Dad had picked her up and had included a scowl emoticon combined with the fact that dad petitioned for visitation in some format. We don't know the details, but she was awarded primary custody so she could move further away and he, in some form, needed to go through the legal system to secure visitation. I think there was an article that referred to it as "court ordered visitation."

Like I said earlier, that can be "scowl. my plane is *finally* here" or "scowl. quit checking on me I'm 13!!!" after all, if his plane was late he may have gotten it turned back on to 15 texts from mom- who knows? Or even, "scowl. I hate that I have to be here." That's possible too.

I certainly don't feel like we have anything solid to suggest they had a volatile relationship. My heart softened a lot to the possibility that he's a decent guy when I saw big brother hug him. When times are tough, older siblings are protective, and usually the first to write off a jerk parent. I was expecting to see more coldness from the older brother to the dad to be honest.

Hey just for fun, I just called the Super Walmart closet to MR's house and they sell fishing licenses there anytime. Anyone 13
and over would need to pay for one.:twocents:

ETA: ok just saw Randoms post about not needing one till 16 but the "Dude":rocker: at walmart said over 13 they need to pay?:waitasec:

Dude :rocker: not true. I posted the Co laws. Dude here it is again:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/SeasonDatesAndFees/Pages/SeasonDatesAndFees.aspx
Annual (16 and older) $26.00 $56.00
Dude :rocker:

I know the laws of my state and where I fish alllllllll the time in my neighbor state.. Dude. :rocker:

This area is most definitely a hot fishing spot. Gold Medal waters, and all. People fish so much here; its the type of place where, if you are waiting on a business to open, you can just whip out your fishing rod and kill the time. The reason I am saying this is, to me, fishing at Vallecito, and the need for a fishing pole, is a given. WHAT I AM SAYING IS NOT A FACT in this case, but fishing is part of everyday life in this area (esp. by Vallecito). so the fishing rod and DR going fishing do not seem that odd to me.

I don't think the father thought Dylan would have left the house of his own accord. I'm not sure how far his friend's live, but I'm guessing that dad was going to drive him over that day. So he would have expected him to be home.

But the father seemed to think that Dylan took his fishing pole and went fishing, I think. I don't think dad thought he was abducted and then taken fishing forcibly.

Haha, I read it the same way. Amazing how a little different inflection changes the meaning :blushing:

I just was reading what someone else wrote I hadn't seen the article saying that so it did seem very strange to me.

There are just so many curious things to me. The following are ramblings based IMHO. There are somethings I have read and mentioned. I hope someone will chime in if they have not been verified. Sorry for the length just thinking out loud! TIA.

Got here and scowling - I would think Dylan would have been thrilled to see his old buddies. I think if he must have had some solid reasons if he was really upset about the trip and staying with the father so much it overshadowed seeing his friends.

Brother - Is MR the father to both kids. Why didn't the brother come at the same time. I realize DR's was court ordered but it seems it would have been advantageous to have both visit the same time. Especially if DR was reluctant to come. IOW...have a special Thanksgiving in both places at different times...or etc. Was it because of strained relationships, financial, work schedules, or ?

Running around/back&forth - As far as I can tell there is some distance to MR house from the friends, errands, airport, and etc. I lived in the country before. You plan everything to minimize round trips. I think others have mentioned trip time it would have made sense to take him Sunday night to his friends. It wasn't that late and the Walmart trip could have been paired with the errands the next day. Plus, the other kids were probably going to have their own family things later in the week so it seems reasonable for DR to do the socializing from the beginning.

Plus, if he planned on taking him in the morning wouldn't he have gone all out to follow through. Returning from running errands to a 13 year chomping at the bit to get to friends knowing you'd have to turn around and take him wouldn't be on my favorites list.

Fishing Pole - Fisherpeople living close to a lake keep their gear staged and ready to go. Fishing is what they do when they get home from work, before lunch on a weekend, and anytime they have a few min. They have gear pole, boots/shoes, coat, tackle and etc. If a family member wasn't home they might say their fishing gear is missing or their fishing stuff.....they wouldn't say pole.

If the were fisherpeople and thought a son was out fishing waiting for you to return and give them a ride, they would pretty much know where to gather them up from at their fishing hole. They would look there first.

If only a pole was gone that would imply they were meeting someone with tackle, maybe a boat. I can't envision a group of 13 yo planning a fishing outing on Thanksgiving week. Snowboarding, yes. Videos, yes. Movies, yes. Fishing....not really.

While I was away - Did MR try to contact DR while he was running errands? A text to say did you find something to eat for breakfast? Want me to pick up lunch on my way home? Are your friends pissed you overslept? I think such communication would have been the norm for most.

Divorce Atty - Really? On Thanksgiving week during your visit with son? Most likely the visitation schedule was worked out when the custody modification occurred. What made a visit at this point and time necessary? Were they preparing a motion to submit? Were they responding to a motion? The timing for the appointment seems very odd if he really did meet with his divorce atty.

Hitchhiking - If my husband drops me off at work I very well might say I'll see if I can hitch a ride home. I don't mean I'm going to stand at the side of the road and stick my thumb out. I am going to check with co-workers to see if any are headed in my direction. Similarly, I can see a neighbor, friends mother, or others known might be the equivalent of "hitchhiking" from Dad's to Friend's.

I have more but that's where I'm stopping for now!

Lol, I'm not arguing that he bought one. People have been speculating about fishing, the fishing pole, why it'd stand out to dad that it was missing, why Walmart and why the trip to Walmart was made that night, etc. Just gathering data abt Walmart and fishing. :)

They do have to be purchased annually though.

More info:

CO Parks & Widlife

I know, but you had said that Dad would need a license even if DR didn't. I was just saying Dad has probably had his since April, or May at the latest, if he's actually into fishing at all.

Lol, I'm not arguing that he bought one. People have been speculating about fishing, the fishing pole, why it'd stand out to dad that it was missing, why Walmart and why the trip to Walmart was made that night, etc. Just gathering data abt Walmart and fishing. :)

They do have to be purchased annually though.

More info:

CO Parks & Widlife

NOT TRUE. You can, if you want. Heck you can buy a one day permit, if you wish as a resident. <modsnip> <modsnip>

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/SeasonDatesAndFees/Pages/SeasonDatesAndFees.aspx

Great post, suzier! Regarding the brother, he's 21, so no court ordered vis, might have work, college, etc.

He wasn't at home, that is a funny statement. It's a cell phone how would he know he wasn't home?

I think its poorly worded like so many articles are. I believe it should read that MR returned home and once he realised that dylan wasn't there he then tried to text him.

it seems possible to me that Dylan was too tired to wake up early, so MR had to leave to make his appointments on time. Dylan may have figured he missed his only ride into town, then just decided to hitch a ride with someone (a neighbor, a worker in the area, a hunter from out of town) and was abducted from there.

I know a lot of people don't think people hitchhike anymore, but around here, it is still very common. Also, being MR lived so far from Durango, Dylan probably would have realized his dad would not be going back to town that day.

Thank you for the local information. I am thinking he may have decided to see what his friend in Vallecito was up to. Had game controller, etc. in bag, started down the road... never made it

I know, but you had said that Dad would need a license even if DR didn't. I was just saying Dad has probably had his since April, or May at the latest, if he's actually into fishing at all.

He would need a license to fish legally in CO. I didn't say he had to buy one because he didn't have one yet.

He is living close to the lake, so he probably was into fishing.

MR claimed he texted Dylan on Monday when he came back and Dylan was not at home. So at the very least there should be those texts. But it doesn't sound that Dylan was using MR's phone, or that MR was aware of any issues with Dylan's phone. I am pretty sure police will be looking at MR's phone records if they can get a warrant.

No offense to law enforcement as I have the up most respect for them....but I wrongly assumed LE did a competent search of Casey Anthony's computer searches on her hard drive.

I'm not going to assume much in this case, especially since they're not telling us much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the father seemed to think that Dylan took his fishing pole and went fishing, I think. I don't think dad thought he was abducted and then taken fishing forcibly.

I've been there.. You are going fishing and YOU are going to like it! :floorlaugh:

I truely wish this was a custody thing right now and Dylan is being hidden. I so wish that. Hey, dad had to go to court the next day. Four hours gone.

Wishful, I guess. That's the easiest. That possibly, Dylan is being hidden somewhere. Or dad and him got in a fight that ended terribly, I haven't a clue on that direction, or both the parents are fighting for parental rights possibly...Dylan, be safe and know everyone is thinking about you dude! Werking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23