The Crockpot - Case Related

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never really accused the SCPD for being incompetent..(snipped out)..... I question the investigation as not be trustworthy. I consider myself to be an EXPERT on such matters SCPD.

again, another excellent assessment

Mathematically spoken hundreds of cases means n>200 (as in at least two times hundred) ... that makes at least 200/120 per month or 1.66 cases per months. To reach that, you would actually need some pretty prolific serial killers in your area just to hold up your workload ... or, despite working the cases, you never caught anybody and thus the numbers climbed over time ... well, that's all under the assumption of cause, your statement of "hundreds of cases in the last decade" is true and not exaggerated ... just doing the math.

Peter
Hi PB
Crockpot, Hawkstew and ps149...all in Windsor castle with a mystery mom doing novice sleuthing looking for justice forever (sorry if I left anyone out)! And a spider on the wall...
I can't do the math thing - ...puff, puff, pass...
:great:
Just a moment of brevity - you all are doing fine work IMHO

Peter, when Hawkshaw made this statement .......

I have participated in hundreds of murder cases over the last ten years of my career. I have also been involved in serial murder cases. How many have you been involved with other than a website?
MOO

Well, actually almost all SK cases I worked on aren't on websites ... I posted bit for the Flint-Stabber, Abuelazam, on Yahoo, if that counts as website. And I put some pages on Eckert together for my own website, even it was years after his suicide and after I met him. So ... that should count as website. I think, I mentioned also some details on the DeBardensleben-threads and on West Mesa, so two more that count as websites, right?.
So ... the other cases, I profiled for different purposes, on requests, for historical research (some of the SKs in my files are pretty old cases), sorry, no website cases. But just to make an estimation: lets say a 100 over the last two decades? THe difference is, I didn't get paid for it.
And I think, it's no secret, that I still work outside of this website other cases and only bring in sometimes a little updates (mostly if forced to). So calm down, I usually know what I'm talking. And the absolute mathematical impossibility of what Hawkshaw claimed to have done ... well, it justified to ask.
But it's nice of you to demonstrate the problem in this case. A lot of jumping on each other and no jumping on the unsub ... we can do that a hundred years without catching anybody.

Peter

FRANKLY, I expected more from you, MR.PB. I wrote I was involved in hundreds of murder cases and some of them were serial killer cases. Real serial killers, not just people that killed a lot of people. Maybe three or four in some capacity or another.

So, I understood you right and you claim to have worked for ten years a quota of 1.66 or more murder cases per month? Then I am impressed.
Now, here is another thing, that appears a little unclear to me. What is, in your opinion a real "serial killer" and not just someone killing a lot of people. The more or less common definition of a serial killer is a person who kills in a certain time frame three or more persons in discrete incidents. Which serves mostly to make the distinction to spree killers. So, if someone kills a lot of people, he can do it one ofter the other, then he is a serial killer. Or he kills them all at once, then he is either a spree killer or, for reasons of political correctness., called a terrorist. So where should be tha third group of "killed a lot of people" and is not a "real serial killer"?

Peter

Hi PB
Crockpot, Hawkstew and ps149...all in Windsor castle with a mystery mom doing novice sleuthing looking for justice forever (sorry if I left anyone out)! And a spider on the wall...
I can't do the math thing - ...puff, puff, pass...
:great:
Just a moment of brevity - you all are doing fine work IMHO

:seeya:

One thing I am getting pretty sick and tired of hearing is: these guys risk their lives everyday for us. BS! They risk thier lives for a paycheck....a damn good one at that. The contstruciton workers setting steel or pouring a superstructure is also risking his life. The search was prevented "ticks and poison ivy" what a bunch of fairies. The guys I know are damn good guys, but they are not going to jump in front of a bullet for you. Remember the Regan assaniation attempt when the secret service agent got into a football stance and took a bullet??? Well thats not going to happen. Last time I remember....patrolling the mean streets of Babylon Village was not very risky.

wow-interesting statement from a former homicide detective(although I would somewhat agree, both I tend to hold homicide dets. in higher regard than other dets., since the pre-reqs are a much higher standard--good thing you said this, and not someone else, or the roof might have been blown off the proverbial house---thanks for your honest assessment

I think the use of the word INCOMPETENT is too harsh a word. I would include myself in that category. What I should have said is the public has too high expectations of what we are capable of doing. Truth is most any websleuther can solve many cases. It really takes no special skills. I guess you can call it The Detective Mystique.

What I should have said is the public has too high expectations of what we are capable of doing..... I guess you can call it The Detective Mystique.

probably quite true--blame it also on the shows where you solve things in 1 hour or 30 mins---although Lt. Joe Kenda probably could lol

One thing I am getting pretty sick and tired of hearing is: these guys risk their lives everyday for us. BS! They risk thier lives for a paycheck....a damn good one at that. ....... The guys I know are damn good guys, but they are not going to jump in front of a bullet for you. .....Last time I remember....patrolling the mean streets of Babylon Village was not very risky.

you beat me to it

Not for nothing but you completely chopped my quote up. Definitely paints a distorted picture of what I was saying.

Don't worry, I don't think it reads completely distorted from your point. If anyone takes it that way, just direct them to the quote in its entirety.

I am not saying they are not hard working. But give it a rest already..please....we get it. The thruth is they do a noble service, make good money, and they will probably take down a bad guy posing a lethal threat to a citizen or themselves....but they do not have capes and fly around. I would hold a US Marine in higher regard than a SC Police Officer.

I am not saying they are not hard working. But give it a rest already..please....we get it. The thruth is they do a noble service, make good money, and they will probably take down a bad guy posing a lethal threat to a citizen or themselves....but they do not have capes and fly around. I would hold a US Marine in higher regard than a SC Police Officer.

The is nothing noble about arresting the wrong man when you know you are doing so. In fact, it is worse than murder in my book.. I never thought I was more nobler than others for the job I was doing. I got paid pretty well ( not nearly as SCPD) and always did the best job I could. If I was a janitor I would make sure the floors shined so you could see your face in it. One must take pride in doing a good job. I do agree with your take on a US Marine. Nothing especially noble about being a police officer other than it being an honest days work for an honest days work.

The biggest danger for a police officer is from within, not from with out. More knives in your back than you can count. Fortunately for SCPD they don't have to look over their shoulder to see if the DA is coming for them.

I've been knee deep over in the Dylan Redwine case. This place is like a paradise in comparison. Looks like I've been missing some good times.

probably quite true--blame it also on the shows where you solve things in 1 hour or 30 mins---although Lt. Joe Kenda probably could lol

unrelated to above(just used to attach the following)-since this is the crockpot thread, figured it was a good place to post---you may have seen this person before on facebook a few months back in its early conception--if not, here you go:

I am an independent, non-governmental researcher attempting to forward an empirically validated thesis that the Long Island NY, the Lewis-Clark Valley ID/WA, the Atlantic City NJ and the Wilmington NC serial homicide clusters (twenty-five victims in all) are the work of a single serial killer euphemistically named 'Popeye - The Coastal Serial Killer'. This SK has operated with impunity - and undetected by law enforcement - for thirty-five years along both coasts. Based solely on legally-obtainable media resources, eye-witness accounts, conversations with victim family & friends, tips, group discussions and the development of an experimental forensic analysis method, we believe Popeye is now identified.

The task before us now is to garner the attention of more victim's family & friends, concerned citizens and professionals to come together and assist assembling a formal report to evidential exhibits. We believe the actionable intelligence in this document will provide law enforcement sufficiently compelling circumstantial evidence to apprehend Popeye as the Coastal Serial Killer. Join us. Just us for justice.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKiller.Instincts.Vigilare/
CSTORM™ INFRAGARD Alliance

(and a related link )

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Serial-Killer/114474928700952

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics