Your Pick for Red Herring

Most of the so called evidence against TH has come from DY and KH. Red Herring? I think so. I know this is not a popular opinion, but what if TH is not guilty? Step mothers are notoriously labelled as the bad goy. What if she is not the person who took Kyron? If there was evidence other than speculation wouldn't they have arrested her already? The divorce was/is a red herring in my opinion.

The evidence LE has allowed us to hear hasn't come from Kaine or Desiree, for the most part. Neither of them was at the school that morning, and the majority of public queries were about Terri's truck in the parking lot, Terri's truck on various roads, Terri's trip to the various stores and Terri's emails that LE read. Are you trying to say that Kaine and Desiree gave MCSO the evidence they've gathered about her movements in and around the school, parking lot and stores that morning? Personally, from what MCSO has told us, it was Terri's emails and texts that disturbed them the most, putting them on her trail. From what we've been privy to, Terri has given up the most evidence on herself.

The landscaper guy who claimed only after being interviewed by LE that TH had offered him money to kill KH.

The whole sexting thing with the former friend or classmate of KH after Kyron disappeared.

The whole sexting thing with the former friend or classmate of KH after Kyron disappeared.

Very respectfully snipped by me.

I must disagree with you here. Those texts show her frame of mind during the time her stepson is missing. And interesting to note, she's staying with DeDe during this time, so we also get a little info regarding hers as well. They are eating cookies and drinking while Terri sends text after text and then pics of herself to this guy.

I've attached the texts and just re-read them myself. It blows my mind. She's worried about "getting some ever again", goes on and on about how strong she is, yaps about cooking, then we get into the sex stuff where she comes on extra strong. It shows mindset, plain and simple, and it speaks volumes.

Attachments

• redacted-text-messages[1].pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
While the sexting is in bad taste and illustrates TH is one cold hearted fish herself, in my mind it only distracted and titalated. It did nothing to further the search foy Kyron and discussion of same dragged the threads into debate over TH's scandalous behavior after Ky was mising. So in that way to me it is the perfect example of a red herring.

http://grammar.about.com/od/rs/g/redherrterm.htm

A red herring is a detail or remark inserted into a discussion, either intentionally or unintentionally, that sidetracks the discussion. The red herring is invariably irrelevant and is often emotionally charged. The participants in the discussion go after the red herring and forget what they were initially talking about; in fact, they may never get back to their original topic."

While the sexting is in bad taste and illustrates TH is one cold hearted fish herself, in my mind it only distracted and titalated. It did nothing to further the search foy Kyron and discussion of same dragged the threads into debate over TH's scandalous behavior after Ky was mising. So in that way to me it is the perfect example of a red herring.

http://grammar.about.com/od/rs/g/redherrterm.htm

A red herring is a detail or remark inserted into a discussion, either intentionally or unintentionally, that sidetracks the discussion. The red herring is invariably irrelevant and is often emotionally charged. The participants in the discussion go after the red herring and forget what they were initially talking about; in fact, they may never get back to their original topic."

I guess the sexting is a red herring or not depending on what the "question" is. If the question is, "Where is Kyron?" then it is a red herring. If the question is, "Did TH have something to do with his disappearance?" then I would say it is very, very relevant.

The "landscaper" -mighty mysterious and elusive, that one. I wonder if he even exists...?

After reading DeDe's deposition, I'd say a red herring would be any scenario that doesn't involve Terri and DeDe being instrumental in Kyron's disappearance.

TMH as the last person who was with Kyron on June 4. While she may have been the last person to be seen with Kyron, I feel that Kyron was with another person when he left the school.

Sorry to quote myself (7-19-10), but I am more confident at this time than I was when Kyron first went missing that someone other than Terri was with Kyron when they left the school. I'm inclined to believe that it may have been DeDe who could have easily been mistaken for Terri by many of the guests at the science fair.

When we first learned about DeDe, I remember thinking that these two women with large, muscular builds and red hair could have been sisters from another mister. It wouldn't surprise me if they knew that they looked enough alike to pull off a scenario where one would be mistaken for the other and that no one would be able to prove which woman was actually responsible for removing Kyron from the school. :moo:

The "landscaper" -mighty mysterious and elusive, that one. I wonder if he even exists...?

It was reported that he had spoken with authorities and the Oregonian also says they talked to him, he is reported to have worn a wire for a sting, he has been mentioned in court affidavits as having appeared in Terri's cell phone records, and Terri's attorney says he sent the landscaper a subpoena. After all that I'm pretty convinced he exists.

A landscaper who worked for Kyron Horman's family at their rural Northwest Portland home told authorities that the missing boy's stepmom offered to pay him to kill her husband.

After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. They also found it odd that Terri Horman had hired a landscaper without her husband's knowledge.

The landscaper, contacted by The Oregonian last week, confirmed that he was hired to do lawn work at the Horman home off Northwest Sheltered Nook Road. He said he's talked with detectives and could not comment further. His name is being withheld to protect his identity as a cooperating witness in an ongoing criminal investigation.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

Monday's court filing also stated that police had told Kaine that Terri's "sexual overtures to Mr. Cook resemble those made to the man Respondent (Terri Horman) attempted to hire to murder Petitioner (Kaine)."

In the original restraining order filing, Kaine stated that police had told him Terri had tried to hire a landscaper to kill Kaine.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Pol...g-mirrored-talk-with-landscaper-98369624.html

Stephen Houze, Terri's criminal defense attorney, said they have sent subpoenas to depose the lead criminal investigator in Kyron's disappearance, Robert O'Donnell, and Rudy Sanchez, the landscaper investigators say was approached by Terri Horman to carry out a murder-for-hire plot against her husband.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/terri_horman_willing_to_agree.html

After reading DeDe's deposition, I'd say a red herring would be any scenario that doesn't involve Terri and DeDe being instrumental in Kyron's disappearance.

I've never read DeDe's deposition might someone post the link to it or at least point me in the direction of where I might be able to locate it?

TIA:)

hmmm..thanks donjeta for linking it..I went and Google around a bit and found a PDF link to the 13 page deposition and downloaded it only to find every single page blank..so I went back to the actual oregonlive website and clicked on the Nov 26th article that says read the Dede Spicher and let the jury pool decide for themselves which had that nice, lovely pic of the smug faced Dede from her July 2010 court appearance..

but much to my dismay this actual article from oregonlive from Nov 26 is now no longer available on their website at all...hmmmm..so was only able to see the above mentioned pic and captions about reading the dep..etc.etc ..only could see it via Google cache...weird..

so, I saw that on Oct 24 that shed plead the 5th on the dep questions but that Rosenthal had filed a motion to compel the court to force Dede to answer the dep questions..that's why I was assuming that the Nov 26 article that originally had a link posted to the dep saying read for yourself and decide.. I was thinking that it was actually the dep answers after Dede had possibly been compelled by the court to actually have to answer rather than plead the 5th..???

but if thats not the case then what was the whole article an entire month later on 11/26 about reading the dep about..and why has it been completely pulled from the site and the pdf link when downloaded is only all blank pages?

I'm really confused,..sorry to bombard with all the questions but I found it to be really odd and didn't make sense..

OK now I'm off to go click on your above links donjeta.. thanks again:)

I don't know what's up with the Nov 26 article but I think Dede probably hasn't been compelled to answer any questions after the first deposition since the civil case was abated.

wow..wth??..same thing I above described when downloaded the PDF all 13 pages are blank.??.. and now I'm even more curious as to what all the 11/26 article was about and why it was yanked?

That's odd, it works for me. Let me see if I can download it on WS. Can you see this:

Attachments

• DeDe-watermarked-1.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
OK gotcha so there's more than likely not even been a decision made about the whole filing the motion to compel.. so Id hazard a guess that its likely that they can't force her to answer the dep questions..

ugh! just pathetically sad..disgusting all the way around that precious Kyron is still gone without a trace and that IMO there are people alive and well and living their lives with their so called freedom content to never let the truth come forth to bring him home.. its so depressing..so frustrating..and angering..jmo.

thanks donjeta must be a glitch with my tablet software that converts, loads, and pulls up my downloaded docs..

now that I know that's the issue I'll fiddle around on my tablet and find another way to view it..

thanks for the help:)

thanks donjeta must be a glitch with my tablet software that converts, loads, and pulls up my downloaded docs..

now that I know that's the issue I'll fiddle around on my tablet and find another way to view it..

thanks for the help:)

I have noticed on past cases that many times a PDF that is having issues on a tablet will load properly on a PC. HTH.

Dang,I kind of believe this also,so far it's mostly about a divorce and people's emotions.I really wish LE would tell more than what they are,all we're getting is media's accounts and they're playing up alot of things for a sensational story.Right now I'm not even sure about the whole MC thing,I think it was his intention on getting in that house to find info,there is a reward,I believe.And the landscaper thing is odd,why wasn't she arrested if she tried to get someone to off KH?This makes no sense.

Most murders within a family are due to emotions. I think LE pretty much knows what happened. Before arresting someone they want proof. They can't release the info to the public. That would no be good for the case. They tried to get the landscaper to get TH to talk about the murder for hire. She didn't bite. Her friend DDS has not turned. That is how people get away with murder. With no body, and no one talking,here just isn't enough to make it stick...yet!

diverting attention from th back to a "random stranger abduction theory" is a waste of time imo. Le was sure almost immediately that this was an isolated event. They stated that other children at the school and in that area were not in danger. That's a strong statement.

agreed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back