New Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO a lie.

What did she gain by telling a lie about how she got to work that morning and how will she explain what she is saying now to LE? Say that SA threatened or intimidated her into lying for him?

What did she gain by telling a lie about how she got to work that morning and how will she explain what she is saying now to LE? Say that SA threatened or intimidated her into lying for him?

I honestly think Billie is the scary one out of the two of them ;( and by lieing she was trying to hide something. The question is what?

I honestly think Billie is the scary one out of the two of them ;( and by lieing she was trying to hide something. The question is what?

Maybe she had to lie about the coworker because she was in the car with Shawn, and after he walked out he took her to work, so she knew he was not at work that day, and knew what he was doing. And they stuffed up the quit/fired story. Certainly there has been plenty of speculation that Hailey met her demise the night before after David left the house around 9pm and perhaps Shawn was tasked with covering their tracks while Billie went to work.

Has the coworker ever been identified publicly? I assume this is something the police would know for sure.

I have a memory of a call being made from Shawn's to the cellphone that stayed at the house in the early hours, I recall Billie admitting she had questions about that. I will go dig that up if I can.

But if she didn't call the coworker and ride with her, it would be really easy to disprove that. All they'd have to do is ask the coworker.

But if she didn't call the coworker and ride with her, it would be really easy to disprove that. All they'd have to do is ask the coworker.

Or look at her cell phone records that morning. Therein lies the mystery and LE isn't talking. But I still remember LE early on, saying the key players were not telling the truth.

Did someone lie for Billie? I would think not, but with this bunch of people, ya never know.

Or look at her cell phone records that morning. Therein lies the mystery and LE isn't talking. But I still remember LE early on, saying the key players were not telling the truth.

Did someone lie for Billie? I would think not, but with this bunch of people, ya never know.

Yeah, so is she lying? And if so, is it because of what she knows, what she's afraid of, or something else she doesn't want to get caught at?

And is what she's saying now the truth about Shawn, or a lie to get him in trouble, or what?

LE must have a terrible headache over all this...

No, Tugela. I can't let you get away with this one. I am twice her age and can remember how I got to work everyday last week. She repeated her original timeline multiple times to LE and media. she said on fb that LE required her to start a diary of events beginning on the 25th. (however, she flippantly said, she didn't know where the diary was-but that's a whole different convo). she hasn't forgotten where she was that week.

With all due respect, having emerged from a great many meetings where people cant remember accurately what was discussed even an hour before, I think you are wrong. It is not unusual at all for*those folks to have diametrically opposite recollections of what was said and what was decided.

People remember things clearly if they were remarkable. If the events of that day, or what you talked about, were not remarkable, your mind backfills details around the general points, in other words it is mostly made up. If you do pretty much the same thing every day that works ok, but when it comes down to accuracy then you fail.

This is one of the things investigators look for btw, because they know that is human nature. When people recount events, especially over a period of time, there is going to be blurring and drift in details. Any story which is detailed and unchanging is very probably something that has been delibrately created after the fact. That is why the details are so unchanging.

I have to agree that memory would be burned into her brain ... even if Hailey had not gone missing, if for some reason you were questioned about a random day, say March 6th 2004, and you did a lie detector test, wrote your own timeline, spoke about it on tv and so on, you'd remember from going over it so many times. She was lying then or she is lying now.

Now add the life changing nature of those two days. Who drove you to the hospital to have your baby and who took you home again? I'd say there are not many mothers among us who can't retrieve that information pretty easily, and if you can, Billie can remember how she got to work the day her daughter went missing IMO.

The life changing event was the NEXT day. The day before would and should be inaccurate.

Maybe she had to lie about the coworker because she was in the car with Shawn, and after he walked out he took her to work, so she knew he was not at work that day, and knew what he was doing. And they stuffed up the quit/fired story. Certainly there has been plenty of speculation that Hailey met her demise the night before after David left the house around 9pm and perhaps Shawn was tasked with covering their tracks while Billie went to work.

Has the coworker ever been identified publicly? I assume this is something the police would know for sure.

I have a memory of a call being made from Shawn's to the cellphone that stayed at the house in the early hours, I recall Billie admitting she had questions about that. I will go dig that up if I can.

The devil is in the details.

LE would have checked into her account of how she got to work, and the co-worker had no reason to lie. So that is extremely likely to be correct. If it was not correct, LE would have made mention of that fact in various affidavits.

If SA had made a call to the phone that stayed at home, LE would have included that detail in their affidavits with 100% certainty. They did not, so no such call was made, no matter what BD might or might not have said.

The devil is in the details.

LE would have checked into her account of how she got to work, and the co-worker had no reason to lie. So that is extremely likely to be correct. If it was not correct, LE would have made mention of that fact in various affidavits.

If SA had made a call to the phone that stayed at home, LE would have included that detail in their affidavits with 100% certainty. They did not, so no such call was made, no matter what BD might or might not have said.

What affidavit would it be in? They had what they needed to search further on Shawn, there were no affidavits for Billie's property was there?

I agree 100% the devil is in the detail.

It is in all of the affidavits made initially as far as I can tell.

The text is as follows:

Records and interviews of witnesses indicate Billie Dunn left the residence in Colorado City, Texas enroute to her job at Snyder, Texas at approximately 6.20 AM

Thanks Tugela. Well that is one in the "pro" side for lying now that Shawn drove her to work.

“Shawn left before I did. Sometimes he had to be at work at seven. Sometimes he had to be there earlier, so he went in before me. He left around 5:30, whenever I was getting up to get ready for work. I was riding with a friend that day. She had actually got put on call, and forgot about me, so I had to call her and remind her."-Billie Dunn.

What I'm kind of wondering, why did Shawn bother to get up and leave at 5.30 am if he was going to quit anyway? Why do you have to be on time just to walk off?

What I'm kind of wondering, why did Shawn bother to get up and leave at 5.30 am if he was going to quit anyway? Why do you have to be on time just to walk off?

Great point, and did he normally leave so early to go to work?

Why even go. He didn't tell them he was quitting, just got a coke and left..didn't say a word and now we know he didnt turn in his coveralls. He could have done that from his bed. Must have been some reason he went.

Why even go. He didn't tell them he was quitting, just got a coke and left..didn't say a word and now we know he didnt turn in his coveralls. He could have done that from his bed. Must have been some reason he went.

In a scenario where Billie is not in the know, I can imagine him leaving work because he finally decides to give in to his evil urge - he knows Billie is gone, D is gone, Hailey is home and vulnerable in her sleep, the temptation is too great to just go on with the normal day. Somewhere in there the coveralls come in to play, a pair returned while there are some at home he knows he will use and dispose of, perhaps a pair smuggled out so it won't be on cctv, I don't know ... the coveralls are important.

I don't think BD knows. I think she's afraid she knows and doesn't want to admit that even to herself, but I don't think she has any actual evidence or knowledge, only fear.

In a scenario where Billie is not in the know, I can imagine him leaving work because he finally decides to give in to his evil urge - he knows Billie is gone, D is gone, Hailey is home and vulnerable in her sleep, the temptation is too great to just go on with the normal day. Somewhere in there the coveralls come in to play, a pair returned while there are some at home he knows he will use and dispose of, perhaps a pair smuggled out so it won't be on cctv, I don't know ... the coveralls are important.

Actually according to her latest story though Billie wasnt gone though because he took her to work and whats more she had to of known that from that very first day. If and i say IF Billie is not in the know then i dont see how she has told all these lies for the past two years. And no i dont think for one minute it was because she was scared of him because she actually seems the more violent one out of the pair ;(

Also personaly i dont even believe it was Shawn who killed Hailey if indeed she was killed ;( i believe Billie got in such a rage over events on the Sunday night that she just snapped ;(

I've said it before (in this thread even), so apologies for repeating myself, but...

I think he went to work to get something he would need - a heavy duty shovel, a pick axe, rope - something like that.

Actually according to her latest story though Billie wasnt gone though because he took her to work and whats more she had to of known that from that very first day. If and i say IF Billie is not in the know then i dont see how she has told all these lies for the past two years. And no i dont think for one minute it was because she was scared of him because she actually seems the more violent one out of the pair ;(

Also personaly i dont even believe it was Shawn who killed Hailey if indeed she was killed ;( i believe Billie got in such a rage over events on the Sunday night that she just snapped ;(

She is certainly one cold customer. So much of this just stunk from the get go and yet there is no progress :( I am glad they are turning on each other, and I hope the right people are paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam