Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still perplexed on how judge Perry got away with allowing those swimsuit photos of cindy as evidence Caylee drowned in the pool.

... can't imagine any judge letting those pics in as evidence for the defense. JP did so many things doing that trial, it sickens me. I blame him for the outcome.

Defense proved nothing with those photos. The jury was suppose to use their common sense and only consider what was evidence. Defense only gave them suggestions which they are permitted to do in court. It was up to the jury to consider only the evidence and they preferred to believe someone they knew was a known liar. The fault lies with the jury. They failed miserably at doing their job. jmo

I specifically remember mention of CA cleaning the trunk-- Febreeze and also vacuuming-- and maybe throwing away a hairbrush or something like that?

If it was known that she did these things, was the vacuum itself or the discards from the vacuum searched for and examined? I don't remember any mention of this.

And I agree with whomever said FCA is too lazy for all the credit she's given-- my theory is that she was ticked off that she couldn't find someone to care for the 'little snot' (or whatever endearing name she called Caylee) and possibly Caylee started fussing. At that point, FCA wrapped duct tape around her mouth & nose to keep her quiet and did so tightly that little Caylee passed fairly quickly . From there, it was party time since the problem was solved. Consequences? Never for FCA.

As a mother, I just can't emotionally understand.

Cindy became honest AFTER fca brought up the fact that Zenaida kidnapped Caylee. Cindy wasn't honest till a possible alibi was stated. She kept the cleaned up car away from LE. She made two prior calls to LE and never stated her grandchild was missing.

She wasn't going to report UNTIL there was an alibi in place.

She knew Caylee was dead....and she knew it from day one. She chose to live in her world of fantasy, and procrastinated reporting casey and her absentee grandchild, till she was forced into reality with the car reeking of decomp. The only reason she did then was because the car was in her name. If not, I am not sure we ever would haven known Caylee was gone.

I totally disagree.

The level of Cindy's ability to live in denial is astounding. And I mean astounding. This is the same woman, a nurse, that lived with her daughter that was seven months pregnant, and was able to say with a straight face that Casey was a virgin and was just bloated.

Why? Because Casey said so.

Just like she said that she was graduating from high school, that Ricardo was the father, that Caylee's father died in a car accident, that she had a job, that she was at work, that she had a nanny named Zanny, that she was in Jacksonville with Jeff Hopkins at his mothers wedding, that she was in Orlando and Zanny was in the hospital, that Caylee was kidnapped. The list goes on and on and Cindy let herself believe all of it. Year after year after year.

It is the reason why she could convince herself that the smell of death in Casey's car was rotting pizza. "It's the pizza right George?" It's the reason that she could clean the car, Caylee's doll, and Casey's pants and go back to work as her co-workers sat stunned.

This behavior from Cindy is far from new, especially when it concerned Casey.

Is it dysfunctional? Yes. Is it borderline insane? Yes. But did she know from day one? No. I have never believed that.

In my opinion, that 911 call was as real as it gets. That nagging feeling that prompted her to write that myspace PLEA to Casey had come to fruition and slapped her right in the face. All of that anxiety, fear, hope to see Caylee and confusion as to where she could be exploded in her face in a split second as her worst nightmare had come true.

Cindy did not start telling the truth once a supposed alibi was in place. Not at all. That is exactly when she started lying and never stopped. Because true to her character when it came to Casey, she was making herself believe it.

I totally disagree.

The level of Cindy's ability to live in denial is astounding. And I mean astounding. This is the same woman, a nurse, that lived with her daughter that was seven months pregnant, and was able to say with a straight face that Casey was a virgin and was just bloated.

Snipped by me..

IMO - this is just one of the urban myths created by the Anthony's - they used what CA's brother told LE and ran with it to create CA's "ball lost in the weeds" routine.

GA testified that in late April/early May, CA/OCA told him OCA was expecting. CA's brother's wedding was in June. CA knew that OCA was pregant, she just lied, they all lie...they are the people of the lie.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/08/ng.01.html

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CINDY ANTHONY, CASEY`S MOTHER: There`s something wrong. I found my daughter`s car today.

It was the worst thing I had ever smelled in my life.

And it smells like there`s been a dead body in the damn car!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you do anything to the trunk of the car?

CINDY ANTHONY: I sprayed the entire car with Febreze. I used almost a whole can.

There was no odor in the car when it was towed down to the towing company. No odor.

And then I put dryer sheets throughout the car.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Are you referring to fabric softeners?

CINDY ANTHONY: Yes.

There was a bag of pizza for what, 12 days, in the back of the car, full of maggots. It stunk so bad.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Why`d you do that?

CINDY ANTHONY: Because there was an odor in the trunk of the car.

There was no odor in the car. No odor.

It was the worst thing I had ever smelled in my life.

DREW PETRIMOULX, WDBO RADIO: Well, you know, in the initial -- when this -- when Cindy Anthony first learned of what had happened, she made comments that the smell in the car of Casey Anthony`s trunk smelled like death. And she -- in court the other day, she testified that she sprayed Febreze in the car and also put dryer sheets in there to try to, you know, get rid of some of that smell.

But the prosecution took issue with that because he said that she was changing her testimony. In depositions, she said she sprayed it with Febreze but never actually used the dryer sheets. So the prosecution accused her of basically changing up her testimony and called her out in court for that.

GRACE: Jean Casarez, exactly what went down?

CASAREZ: All right. On July 15, 2008, when the car was finally in the family`s garage, the doors were opened, the trunk was opened for 10 hours almost. She said on direct examination that she sprayed almost an entire bottle of Febreze because, she said, at the time, It was the worst smell I had ever smelled in my life. But she was impeached by her deposition in 2009 when she said, I don`t know anything about dryer sheets in the car.

_ _ _ _

she also testified that the trunk stain was there when they bought the car

I'm still perplexed on how judge Perry got away with allowing those swimsuit photos of cindy as evidence Caylee drowned in the pool.

... can't imagine any judge letting those pics in as evidence for the defense. JP did so many things doing that trial, it sickens me. I blame him for the outcome.

Oh how I wish Judge Strickland had never left.....It was soothing to hear him say that he was shocked by the verdict. I also liked how he said at the very beginning that KC and the truth are strangers.

Judge Perry had a reputation of being a no-nonsense Judge. Unfortunately he showed no signs of being that way unless it was to tell Ashton off. I felt sick watching Judge Perry and Mason chat and giggle like a couple of school girls.

Snipped by me..

IMO - this is just one of the urban myths created by the Anthony's - they used what CA's brother told LE and ran with it to create CA's "ball lost in the weeds" routine.

GA testified that in late April/early May, CA/OCA told him OCA was expecting. CA's brother's wedding was in June. CA knew that OCA was pregant, she just lied, they all lie...they are the people of the lie.

I thought Rick repeated the pregnancy denial in his police interview as did Lee. Actually, Lee testified in court that he was taken aback about her obvious pregnancy yet Cindy and George denied it. I thought this was all well documented and far from an urban myth.

So Cindy told George that Casey was pregnant in May? Caylee was born in August so that would make Casey six months at that time. Rick and Lee say that she was very obviously pregnant. So you are saying that Cindy knew the entire time but denied it? Leaving Lee to wonder why noone was talking about it? And George played along?

All I know about Cindy is that keeping up appearances is more important to her than anything else. It's a pattern with her. Ignore Casey's pregnancy because it would make HER look bad. Ignore grand-daughter's murder because it would make HER look bad. She is just as...unusual....as KC. Just in a different way.

Today Dec 11th 2008 Caylee was found. There are storms in Orlando. Wonder if Caylee is reminding her family where she was found today in 2008.
Bless you Caylee.

I specifically remember mention of CA cleaning the trunk-- Febreeze and also vacuuming-- and maybe throwing away a hairbrush or something like that?

If it was known that she did these things, was the vacuum itself or the discards from the vacuum searched for and examined? I don't remember any mention of this.

And I agree with whomever said FCA is too lazy for all the credit she's given-- my theory is that she was ticked off that she couldn't find someone to care for the 'little snot' (or whatever endearing name she called Caylee) and possibly Caylee started fussing. At that point, FCA wrapped duct tape around her mouth & nose to keep her quiet and did so tightly that little Caylee passed fairly quickly . From there, it was party time since the problem was solved. Consequences? Never for FCA.

As a mother, I just can't emotionally understand.

BBM

The hairbrush incident, IIRC, was that the police asked for a hairbrush Caylee used so they could get DNA evidence. Cindy gave them a brush that only KC used, and then said it was a mistake and gave them the right one.

Snipped by me..

I thought Rick repeated the pregnancy denial in his police interview as did Lee. Actually, Lee testified in court that he was taken aback about her obvious pregnancy yet Cindy and George denied it. I thought this was all well documented and far from an urban myth.

So Cindy told George that Casey was pregnant in May? Caylee was born in August so that would make Casey six months at that time. Rick and Lee say that she was very obviously pregnant. So you are saying that Cindy knew the entire time but denied it? Leaving Lee to wonder why noone was talking about it? And George played along?

BBM

I believe there is an email Cindy's brother sent to her. He was angrily rebuking her for believing KC's lies over the years and brings up the pregnancy in particular. I'm not totally sure why CA turned her back on all of the obvious lies KC told, but she definitely did. IIRC, she got mad at George for investigating whether KC was working at a sports bar or not. JMO

Today Dec 11th 2008 Caylee was found. There are storms in Orlando. Wonder if Caylee is reminding her family where she was found today in 2008.
Bless you Caylee.

I remember that bitter-sweet day so clearly. I woke up that morning still feeling frustrated about how dishonest Cindy/George had been on the Larry King Show the night before. When I saw the breaking news on tv I knew, as most who had followed this case, that it was Caylee. I felt such a tremendous sense of relief that day. What a miracle that Caylee was found. I was so grateful. I still am.

And Casey's reactions to the news that day...ah....it's still satisfying to watch her act like a crazy caged animal.

I take comfort in knowing FCA can't go out in public without getting abuse.

I totally disagree.

Just like she said that she was graduating from high school, that Ricardo was the father, that Caylee's father died in a car accident, that she had a job, that she was at work, that she had a nanny named Zanny, that she was in Jacksonville with Jeff Hopkins at his mothers wedding, that she was in Orlando and Zanny was in the hospital, that Caylee was kidnapped. The list goes on and on and Cindy let herself believe all of it. Year after year after year.

It is the reason why she could convince herself that the smell of death in Casey's car was rotting pizza. "It's the pizza right George?" It's the reason that she could clean the car, Caylee's doll, and Casey's pants and go back to work as her co-workers sat stunned.

Is it dysfunctional? Yes. Is it borderline insane? Yes. But did she know from day one? No. I have never believed that.

In my opinion, that 911 call was as real as it gets. That nagging feeling that prompted her to write that myspace PLEA to Casey had come to fruition and slapped her right in the face. All of that anxiety, fear, hope to see Caylee and confusion as to where she could be exploded in her face in a split second as her worst nightmare had come true.

Cindy did not start telling the truth once a supposed alibi was in place. Not at all. That is exactly when she started lying and never stopped. Because true to her character when it came to Casey, she was making herself believe it.

Thank you Spice - Outstanding post!:seeya:

I totally disagree.

The ability of a sociopath to lie convincingly is astonishing, almost hypnotic. I have seen this is action. They never back down, even when caught red handed. A sociopath can almost convince someone that he didn't see what he saw.

Yes. I don't know if George so much as "played along" but just stayed out of it and as usual let CA lead, rather than "upset" her.

I think CA denied it to her brother Rick because she didn't want her family saying FCA was trashy again. I suspect there had allready been talk about her behavior. Pride, eh?

I also think CA could see the road FCA was headed down - lying, stealing and then pregnant and unmarried. This was her daughter and she feared for her. Little did she know.....

Yes. I don't know if George so much as "played along" but just stayed out of it and as usual let CA lead, rather than "upset" her.

I think CA denied it to her brother Rick because she didn't want her family saying FCA was trashy again. I suspect there had allready been talk about her behavior. Pride, eh?

I also think CA could see the road FCA was headed down - lying, stealing and then pregnant and unmarried. This was her daughter and she feared for her. Little did she know.....

Cindy created Casey by providing her an environment where the idea of consequences did not exist, where the concept of responsibility was NEVER taught, where the other parent was totally emasculated and invalidated constantly, where she coddled, spoiled, and enabled her day in and day out.

She literally created a monster.

Cindy created Casey by providing her an environment where the idea of consequences did not exist, where the concept of responsibility was NEVER taught, where the other parent was totally emasculated and invalidated constantly, where she coddled, spoiled, and enabled her day in and day out.

She literally created a monster.

No - sorry - I'm not prepared to give CA this much credit. FCA was IMO already a monster in the making - a sociopath - and in her world she and only she was the centre of the world.

I do believe sociopaths behavior can be somewhat tempered, but not controlled. I think everyone gives CA way too much credit. I don't see her as "all powerful" at all, but a weak proud woman who got led along by her sociopathic daughter. I don't think CA is blameless in this - not by a very long shot - but it was FCA who killed her child and lied her way out of the death penalty.

Yep!
GA used to detail cars in Ohio. I bet he had some really good cleaning chemicals. That trunk was cleaned as only one hair was found in the whole darn thing. I remember the lady at the check place (who had it towed) said the car was a complete mess. The trunk had to be also as there were maggots in it and you can bet some were still there when driven home. Cindy/GA cleaned the trunk thoroughly and dollars to donuts the stuff they used to clean had a form of chlorophyll in it.

That could be why CA took the rap for the search. There was a garbage bag in the trunk & GA said it was making popping noises & rolling it had so many maggots in it. There must have been more maggots then they found if the bag was that full of them.

No - sorry - I'm not prepared to give CA this much credit. FCA was IMO already a monster in the making - a sociopath - and in her world she and only she was the centre of the world.

I do believe sociopaths behavior can be somewhat tempered, but not controlled. I think everyone gives CA way too much credit. I don't see her as "all powerful" at all, but a weak proud woman who got led along by her sociopathic daughter. I don't think CA is blameless in this - not by a very long shot - but it was FCA who killed her child and lied her way out of the death penalty.

I do think that is partly true, I also believe that Casey's environment, created by Cindy, exacerbated what was already present in her personality. I do not see Cindy as in control at all....just controlling if that makes any sense. Casey controlled her mother, but Cindy let her. And further, Cindy is disordered as well. She lies with just as much vigor as her daughter. She is obsessed with appearances and making sure that from the outside, everything looks just fine, while the inside of that house was a cyclone of lies , denial, and dysfunction. It was clean and organized though! lol.

Those two together under one roof with a weak personality like George, was a perfect storm.

I do think that is partly true, I also believe that Casey's environment, created by Cindy, exacerbated what was already present in her personality. I do not see Cindy as in control at all....just controlling if that makes any sense. Casey controlled her mother, but Cindy let her. And further, Cindy is disordered as well. She lies with just as much vigor as her daughter. She is obsessed with appearances and making sure that from the outside, everything looks just fine, while the inside of that house was a cyclone of lies , denial, and dysfunction. It was clean and organized though! lol.

Those two together under one roof with a weak personality like George, was a perfect storm.

I think KC would have turned out exactly the way she is now even if she had been raised properly. Still, it didn't help matters much that Cindy raised her the way she did. Of course you can't teach what you don't know. Not only did Cindy enable KC even in regards to the murder of her very own grand-child but she had no problems putting the blame on innocent guys like Jesse. That is just plain evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe