Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind - found it on TMZ. With this write up!! LOL

"Unencumbered by babysitting, Casey Anthony dined on hot wings and fries at a Florida restaurant ... so claims people at the restaurant."

and

"We couldn't even ask if duct l'orange was on the menu."

Hope she is enjoying her celebrity. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

There is so much empirical evidence that points more to environment than genetic determinism. So much. I have to weed through it all of the time for school. There are reams of it.

Hand gestures, voice inflections, and physical traits are not the same thing as sociopathy and lack of empathy. Those are definitely more a long genetic lines, the latter are learned.

Sociopathy, personality disorders, pathology, lack of empathy....those things are behavioral and they are learned and shaped by environmental factors. We are not born with them. Other than the most primal reactions to hunger and need for touch and eye contact,behavior is learned, we are not born with complex behavior patterns or a complex personality. We go through very predictable stages of development. Baby should be reaching. Baby should be gurgling. Baby should be crawling. Baby should be walking. It is what happens in response to their needs that matters. Does their mother pick them up when they cry? Does she feed them when they are hungry. Does she hold them enough, talk to them enough, look in their eyes enough. A unique innateness exists yes, but it is not fleshed out yet. That is socialization.

I respect your right to a differing opinion but we will have to agree to disagree. Anything but a mixture of biological and sociological factors or just socialization, flies in the face of everything that I have learned and utilize in the field of social work and in the realm of psychology and helping people.

I have never personally heard one psychologist say say that their antisocial client was just "born that way." All of the ones that I have met, been taught by, or worked with would scoff at the idea. Are there papers questioning it? For sure. As there should be. We should always question what we think we already know. Is there empirical research proving it? No. There are no absolutes, such as a person being born evil. Usually the "evil" response is a way of us trying to understand the unthinkable. It must be "evil" because it is unexplainable. For me, it is easy to see how Casey's personality was shaped and evolved into what it is today.

Lets just say, that if the small snippet of her parents behavior that was on display for the past 4 years is an indication of what went on in that house daily, then I am hardly surprised.

What baby could be evil before they have learned to walk, talk, attach, empathize, love, or hate? As it is, children cannot be diagnosed with a major personality disorder. It is unethical. Not only are their brains not fully developed yet, but they are still developing socially. Genetics do not determine behavior especially deviant behavior, more than environment and socialization.

Well, I did not go to lengths and quote experts regarding my opinions but I could because genetics vs. socialization is something I have been a life student of all my life, based on my own genetics. I simply used a "light" example of gestures as an example. Patterning is genetic period.

Psychologists and psychiatrists will never give a definitive answer on any issue, they simply use guidelines.

BBM: My argument exactly. A baby or a child's brain has not yet completely formed, but genetics will play a major role as it does develop. Let's bear in mind that what you and I are both expressing are opinions only. You have yours and I have mine.

Of course that's OCA in the photo. She even picked an "Irish" restaurant. The article says she didn't speak to any of the wait staff. I'm assuming that's because she still hasn't learned to speak or understand the Irish language. :giggle:
That's because she didn't do a search on "foolproof Irish dialect."

I just read this somewhere - someone asked of the two men dining there...

"which one is holding her leash"?

I used to be a firm believer in nurture over nature, however, several family situations have led me to believe otherwise. I don't understand how 2 people raised in the same house by the same parents can be so completely different. I have a sibling who always saw the world in a totally different way then myself, and reacted to things very inappropriatly by never taking responsibility and always blaming. He could twist and turn a story and make you believe that something you witnessed with your very own eyes wasn't true. I never understood how we could be so different. How can one sibling have good coping skills with life's most difficult situations, and the other one can barely cope with the simpliest of problems? Many siblings are night and day and are very different with how they handle and react to the same situations, even though they are taught the same principals and coping mechanisms. I do believe that nurture can help shape and mold an already existent personality, however, I also think there are all sorts of disorders that are inherited and nurturing does very little to change them. But as far as FCA and CA, I can't even begin to debate the nature vs nurture because they are a whole lot of crazy and dysfunction mixed together.

Yes! This is what I have seen also - 4 siblings in the same family. One ranks high on every sociopathic indicator - the others are loving & kind. I feel like some personality traits are inherited but a child is not just a product of his genetics & environment. He makes decisions, squashes his humanity bit by bit. There is something deep inside that makes him enjoy others' discomfort & he nurses it & feeds it & little by little starts to enjoy others' pain. Then that's not enough & he decides to cause others' pain.
If we are just products of our genes & environment, Caylee would have wound up a sociopath. I don't believe that!!! In fact I think that is one reason FCA hated her & wanted to destroy her - because Caylee was good & an example of what she could have been. We all make decisions which bring us joy or guilt - some choose to ignore the guilt, squash it & eventually destroy their conscience. Fortunately most don't. (MOO)

JMHO but too bad she didn't go to eat in Jeff Ruby's restaurant (loved what he did to OJ).

Or if Minnie from 'The help' worked there, with a big piece of chocolate pie for her..:floorlaugh:

"No one wants to be associated with Casey, it's just such bad publicity," the source said. "She was really quiet and not that many people were noticing it was her."

In the photo Casey is seen sitting with a bald man who has not yet been identified, but Gossip Extra reported that a second man, who was not pictured, was also dining with them and they identified him as Pat McKenna, a West Palm Beach private detective who worked with Casey’s defense team.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/12/casey-anthony-out-hiding-photo-florida-restaurant

Photo of McKenna at the below link...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-oj-simpson-shared-lead-investigator/story?id=14328565
I suppose it could be him with a shaved head...seems she's not fearful anymore..

Yes! This is what I have seen also - 4 siblings in the same family. One ranks high on every sociopathic indicator - the others are loving & kind. I feel like some personality traits are inherited but a child is not just a product of his genetics & environment. He makes decisions, squashes his humanity bit by bit. There is something deep inside that makes him enjoy others' discomfort & he nurses it & feeds it & little by little starts to enjoy others' pain. Then that's not enough & he decides to cause others' pain.
If we are just products of our genes & environment, Caylee would have wound up a sociopath. I don't believe that!!! In fact I think that is one reason FCA hated her & wanted to destroy her - because Caylee was good & an example of what she could have been. We all make decisions which bring us joy or guilt - some choose to ignore the guilt, squash it & eventually destroy their conscience. Fortunately most don't. (MOO)

BBM: Perhaps you are forgetting that many ancestors make up our genetic make-up? If one parent is bi-polar why aren't all offspring bipolar? If alcoholism runs through generations why aren't all offspring alcoholics?

BBM: Perhaps you are forgetting that many ancestors make up our genetic make-up? If one parent is bi-polar why aren't all offspring bipolar? If alcoholism runs through generations why aren't all offspring alcoholics?

Just responding to some of the posts that make it sound like KC had to turn out the way she did because she was raised in that household - not just the genetics side, the whole environment argument as well.

Just responding to some of the posts that make it sound like KC had to turn out the way she did because she was raised in that household - not just the genetics side, the whole environment argument as well.

Sorry a bad habit of mine - jumping off of posts to continue or add to the discussion. Wasn't disagreeing with you at all.:seeya:

I'm sure she or her handlers sold the pic for quick cash.

Let's pray that it was one of the staff! If I ever get a chance to snap a photo of her? I would donate the proceeds to WS for all the wonderful work they do in seeking JUSTICE!

A funny comment beneath Hal's column......"The TV guy and more."

the comment:

"If the person pictured in that photo is a lady then it isn’t Casey.
Might as well suffer all the sightings until the civil trials start. It’s unfortunate that in order to keep Caylee’s name in the press, we also have to suffer Casey’s, but that’s life."

I would love to see a DNA test done on those chicken wings just to see how many employee's spit on them. You know someone did. :floorlaugh:

I would love to see a DNA test done on those chicken wings just to see how many employee's spit on them. You know someone did. :floorlaugh:

I LOVE IT AND YES I AM YELLING, lol:great::floorlaugh:

I must say that I am disappointed that Casey can actually go out to a restaurant and not have anyone say anything to her. I honestly can not imagine the poor waitress/waiter who had the unfortunate experience of having to serve her. I would quit if I had to do it if I didn't get fired for dumping that beer on her first.

May I say that as much as I can't stand anything FCA, I would never do something to her food as it would lower me to close to her level. I find that kind of behavior childish and gross.

May I say that as much as I can't stand anything FCA, I would never do something to her food as it would lower me to close to her level. I find that kind of behavior childish and gross.

Most of the time I would agree with you. But it's FCA we are talking about. I really wouldn't give a flip what was done to her food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆