Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: NBC's Pete Williams reports a parent of the suspected shooter has been found dead at a home in New Jersey

I'm simply heartbroken...

I was raised in Littleton CO but when Columbine happened I lived in WA and my oldest was a freshman in high school... She was home for spring break or I honestly would have gone and got her that day.. so for parents here who are having those thoughts it is understandable.

I don't want to take away guns but I strongly believe that nobody needs an automatic weapon.And access to them are far to lax.

We can put bars on the schools and lock them down but that kind of environment isn't health for kids, and no matter how many precautions are put in place nothing is fool proof.

What we need is to stop finger pointing and start changing the American way of thinking, the idea that violence is an answer to anything needs to change.

As for the kids being interviewed, each parent knows their child- some will need to be shielded from this, others will need to know everything they can- information is power and telling the story is a kind of therapy for some... Media personnel need to handle these children with kidd gloves.

Unconfirmed reports say body in home the shooter's mother.

HLN reporting shooter is Ryan Lanza in his 20's.

CNN is reporting the shooter is Ryan Lanza of Sandy Hook Ct. Born in 1988.

His wife/ex-wife? Mother of a child that attends the school? Someone here earlier said, which was very intuitive if I may say, made a comment that they should check the shooter's home for a body.

They did and found two dead bodies in his home, allegedly. I bet it was his parents. :mad:

Reported on Fox News that the kindergarten class unaccounted for had 17 children in it.

I don't understand. How could they be unaccounted for? I assume this means that they are missing and not among the deceased?

His wife/ex-wife? Mother of a child that attends the school? Someone here earlier said, which was very intuitive if I may say, made a comment that they should check the shooter's home for a body.

Doesn't surprise me either, not at that age. Possibly his own mother?

So he's 24. Very possibly a father of a kindergartner.

Fox news is reporting 26 dead, including 18 children. They are also saying the body at the home of the shooter is his mother.

Now I am completely and utterly confused? His mother? I was expecting a wife/ex-wife. What in the world was his problem, even if he had one, with this particular school?

I just have to be amongst other people who are experiencing this horrifying grief as I watch with terror ... I can't find words for this

Search Results
Connecticut Elementary School Shooting - Page 5 - Hawkeye Lounge
www.hawkeyelounge.com › ... › Hawkeye Lounge › Hawkeye Lounge
4 posts - 4 authors - 11 hours ago
CNN says Ryan Lanza is the shooter. Search for Ryan Lanza CT brings this up from Sandy Hook: http://s1.mylife.com/c-103234265698 ...

[ I cannot bring up his 'my life.com' because it seems to be on overload...]

When I click on that facebook link, it takes me to my own page. Does that mean his facebook page has been removed?

I was just on there. It's still there. There's a link on the previous page that works.

The kindergarten class? OMG. :mad:
I cannot imagine the depth of grief and sorrow surrounding this horrific tragedy.

I wonder if this means one of the shooters, the one dead at the scene, killed his kindergarten aged son, all of his sons classmates and then himself.

There are no words. This just keeps getting worse and worse. On an off topic note, I am not going to any malls until January. There will be some copycat somewhere and at this time of the year it's likely to be at a mall.

As I am in the UK I feel this is an outsiders opinion but I really believe, as it seems a lot of others do, that the name and face of the shooter should never be released in the media - ok social media is somewhat unstoppable but let's stop giving these bxxxxxxs the infamy they more often than not, inexplainably, are looking for. Big push towards MSM to not release the name from my twitter feed.

But there it is - already out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member