Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a statement that because she had guns she was disturbed is inflammatory, disrespectful, and not true.

The woman is dead. She is a victim.

Until we hear she had some sort of mental problem statements that she was disturbed needs to stop IMO.

It's horrible.

I concur and quite honestly I am shocked we are seeing comments such as this on a thread with a tragedy of this magnitude.

And many innocent people would be dead had they not had guns to protect themselves in this country.

HE chose to kill people.
I am a gun owner and mine were purchased over 25 years ago, granted I am not stock piled for world war 111 but I would understand people's views or opinions if I was. Reality is simply, had she not owned these guns, chances are she and many others would be among the living.

How are we certain his mother actually purchased these guns? He stole his brother's ID... why isn't it plausible that he stole his mothers and purchased guns (perhaps online?) with her information?

Well I am pretty sure he could not have done it without a gun.

Sadly where there is a will to kill, a way can be found. Just one of endless examples here. The sicko could have stolen a big truck and ran it full blast through the school. With worse results. Many nasty things can be done with our high tech society. Look at the middle east, for an example. It is a dangerous world. And we must admit that first before moving forward on these sickening issues.IMO

Sadly where there is a will to kill, a way can be found. Just one of endless examples here. The sicko could have stolen a big truck and ran it full blast through the school. With worse results. Many nasty things can be done with our high tech society. Look at the middle east, for an example. It is a dangerous world. And we must admit that first before moving forward on these sickening issues.IMO
And how often has "a big truck" been driven into a school? What other ways have schools here in the last twenty years been attacked other than with guns?

Due to the facts in this case it is ready to get into discussion of gun control. Please take those discussions to the thread designated for those discussions. I dont have the link. Perhaps somebody could post it once more.

On a personal note, I do not own a gun. I have never even held a gun, other than my brothers bb gun when we were kids. I do not see that gun control laws are germaine to this particular case, due to the guns used were totally legal for the owner to possess.

There is a thread on Gun Control- please use it.

As for disparaging remarks about the mother- stop, please.

There is a thread on Gun Control- please use it.

As for disparaging remarks about the mother- stop, please.
Kimster closed the Parking Lot thread when she signed off last night. She said it could be re-opened, which it does need to be, please.

And how often has "a big truck" been driven into a school? What other ways have schools here in the last twenty years been attacked other than with guns?

I have seen a large(M-113) tracked carrier go through a couple buildings in the Vietnam war. It is a simple item to do with devastating effects. One does not ever forget such horrors.................. War or not............

Due to the facts in this case it is ready to get into discussion of gun control. Please take those discussions to the thread designated for those discussions. I dont have the link. Perhaps somebody could post it once more.

On a personal note, I do not own a gun. I have never even held a gun, other than my brothers bb gun when we were kids. I do not see that gun control laws are germaine to this particular case, due to the guns used were totally legal for the owner to possess.

BBM

Forget the law part of it. The gun control part of it will be a big part of this case. If this guy was as messed up as people say someone did not exercise good gun control.

I have seen a large(M-113) tracked carrier go through a couple buildings in the Vietnam war. It is a simple item to do with devastating effects. One does not ever forget such horrors.................. War or not............
But specifically here we're talking about schools. And a handgun is much easier to come by than an M-113.

(I was in a shop once when a car crashed through the window about 15' from me. Yikes!)

Hartford Courant dude

That and much else.

I have started to wonder why in his mind he lashed out at a specific class or if it was random. Not knowing if she was a substitute teacher(not saying she was) but wondered if that was the class she would have taught. And if so did that interfere with something he wanted her to do for him that day. idk Just doesn't make sense that he kills her at the house then goes to the school that he did attend (article I read said he did) and kills all those children. It is my opinion that the adults killed were in his way, it was the children he wanted to kill. jmo

We live in a society that glamorizes violence. It is in our entertainment in movies, in music. it is in our fashion, as gangsta styles. It is the games that we create for our youth to play on the computer. It permeates our culture to the point that collecting guns, the icons of murder is deemed completely "normal" by most. Our society is truly sick. And I will not apologize for this belief.
Give peace a chance.

But specifically here we're talking about schools. And a handgun is much easier to come by than an M-113.

(I was in a shop once when a car crashed through the window about 15' from me. Yikes!)

A big transport truck or dump truck will produce the same nasty effects.

I have started to wonder why in his mind he lashed out at a specific class or if it was random. Not knowing if she was a substitute teacher(not saying she was) but wondered if that was the class she would have taught. And if so did that interfere with something he wanted her to do for him that day. idk Just doesn't make sense that he kills her at the house then goes to the school that he did attend (article I read said he did) and kills all those children. It is my opinion that the adults killed were in his way, it was the children he wanted to kill. jmo
Me too. That's why I was assuming that initial reports that his mother was or had been a teacher there were true - that he for whatever reason targeted his mother's class and classroom. I wonder if he went to grade school there - haven't seen this, though I may have missed it - and if something traumatic, or by which he later felt traumatized, happened in a particular area of the building.

Oklahoma City

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Oklahoma blast claimed 168 lives, including 19 children under the age of 6,[1] and injured more than 680 people.

Nineteen of the victims were children, fifteen of whom were in the America's Kids Day Care Center
The children were not targeted at the Murrah Federal Building. Here, the children were the specific targets. Don't mix apples and oranges. Guns are the chosen weapons of every classroom killer of recent vintage.

A bomb was used at the worst school disaster in American history, however: the Bath School disaster - in 1927. (Wiki link)

We live in a society that glamorizes violence. It is in our entertainment in movies, in music. it is in our fashion, as gangsta styles. It is the games that we create for our youth to play on the computer. It permeates our culture to the point that collecting guns, the icons of murder is deemed completely "normal" by most. Our society is truly sick. And I will not apologize for this belief.
Give peace a chance.

Oh, I so agree with your post.

BBM

Forget the law part of it. The gun control part of it will be a big part of this case. If this guy was as messed up as people say someone did not exercise good gun control.

How do we know if there was good gun control or not? They may have been locked in a gun safe. He may have overpowered her to get access to the guns.

Any responsible gun owner would make it impossible for anyone else access them.imo

I wonder if he went to grade school there - haven't seen this, though I may have missed it - and if something traumatic, or by which he later felt traumatized, happened in a particular area of the building.

I believe it was said on 20/20 but it could be elsewhere, that he returned to the grade school he previously attended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan