Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN reported sales of the Bushmaster is skyrocketing!

Thank you. I will take that with a pinch of Salt because unless that plumber lived with them, how did he know where Adam was all the time?

Could have been a game room. I live in New England and many people use their basements as rec rooms, man caves, play rooms. So it wouldn't be odd for rich folks like that to let their kids take over the basement as an entertainment space. Not trying to say it isn't true, just not taking the word of a plumber and The Sun as gospel until it is confirmed elsewhere that he lived in the basement.

Yeah, it's possible. I've seen other news sources reporting this besides the Sun but it seems to be from the plumber every time.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was true, though. He looked pale enough and living in the basement would seem to fit the isolated persona. It would go with the reports that the landscaper who did her yard and some people who had visited Nancy at her home had never seen AL. (Going from memory, I couldn't find the link.)

Anyway, if he played video games as much as reported he would have practically lived in the game room anyway.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/12/17/JamesMatiolli_family.jpg
JamesMatiolli_family.jpg

JAMES MATTIOLI, 6

James Mattioli especially loved recess and math, and his family described him as a "numbers guy" who came up with insights beyond his years to explain the relationship between numbers. He particularly loved the concept of googolplex, which a friend taught him.

He was born four weeks before his due date, and his family often joked that he came into the world early because he was hungry.

They wrote in his obituary that 6-year-old James, fondly called 'J,' loved hamburgers with ketchup, his Dad's egg omelets with bacon, and his Mom's french toast. He often asked to stop at Subway and wanted to know how old he needed to be to order a footlong sandwich.

He loved sports and wore shorts and T-shirts no matter the weather. He was a loud and enthusiastic singer and once asked, "How old do I have to be to sing on a stage?"

His family recalled that he was an early-riser who was always ready to get up and go. He and his older sister were the best of friends. He was a thoughtful and considerate child, recently choosing to forgo a gift for himself and use the money to buy his grandfather a mug for Christmas.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/conn-victims-lively-youngsters-devoted-adults-17989618?page=4

Also:

... his father's "mini-me".

"James was especially thoughtful and considerate, always the first to welcome guests at the backdoor with a hug and his contagious smile," an obituary for the first grader said.

James loved doing crafts with his older sister, [A], who was helping her brother advance his reading skills.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/newtown-connecticut-school-shooting-victims/story?id=17984685#19

While watching television today( I can't remember what station but believe it was Ashley Banfield reporting) I heard that NL was to pay for all of AL's medical expenses and meds.

I have no link.

These funeral pictures really bother me :( For obvious reasons, but also for the fact that these people have to bury their children with God-knows-how-many reporters and cameramen watching.

At what point do we just let them grieve privately?

The mother of 6-year-old Noah Pozner delivered a message at his funeral reflecting on the life of the little boy in Friday's school shooting, and lessons to draw from his loss.

From mother, Veronique Pozner:

The sky is crying, and the flags are at half-mast. It is a sad, sad day. But it is also your day, Noah, my little man. I will miss your forceful and purposeful little steps stomping through our house. I will miss your perpetual smile, the twinkle in your dark blue eyes, framed by eyelashes that would be the envy of any lady in this room.

Most of all, I will miss your visions of your future. You wanted to be a doctor, a soldier, a taco factory manager. It was your favorite food, and no doubt you wanted to ensure that the world kept producing tacos.

You were a little boy whose life force had all the gravitational pull of a celestial body. You were light and love, mischief and pranks. You adored your family with every fiber of your 6-year-old being. We are all of us elevated in our humanity by having known you. A little maverick, who didn't always want to do his schoolwork or clean up his toys, when practicing his ninja moves or Super Mario on the Wii seemed far more important.

Noah, you will not pass through this way again. I can only believe that you were planted on Earth to bloom in heaven. Take flight, my boy. Soar. You now have the wings you always wanted. Go to that peaceful valley that we will all one day come to know. I will join you someday. Not today. I still have lots of mommy love to give to Danielle, Michael, Sophia and Arielle.

Until then, your melody will linger in our hearts forever. Momma loves you, little man.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...om-delivers-moving-remembrance/#ixzz2FQnmvb1V

While watching television today( I can't remember what station but believe it was Ashley Banfield reporting) I heard that NL was to pay for all of AL's medical expenses and meds.

I have no link.

That is true from how the divorce was set up, however her ex paid a lot of alimony and many other things, seemed fair with all NL got.

I have no link.

Its been discussed as part of the divorce settlement that was agreed on. The judge also made NL the sole person responsible for AL's upbringing. It seemed to me that all the father was to do was make alimony payments.

Is it possible that then if she believed all this, that maybe she had some issues herself, and maybe that is why she, if she didn't we really do not know at this point get him the proper medical help he needed, I just do not know again I say at this point as we still do not have all the info, if it was the right thing to do, living with her in that huge house, how heathly was it, as the neighbors on both side of her have said they never say him outside, they did not even know he lived there, very very strange.
JMHO, Mom lived in denial. She moved him from school to school. Why? High school reports indicate there were major issues. No reports yet of any type of medical/psych intervention. May never get a whole lot there, HIPPA. Reports are indicating she was planning on moving with him to a college. I am wondering if she was INCREASINGLY frequenting the local bar and grill where she would pick up salads, (Good Grief is this all he ate?), beginning to make AL worry about abandonment/placement. Wonder if AL began to think she really was going to abandon him to a " specialty facility". And I wonder too if she REALLY was planning on "placement". (read somewhere she said something about his behavior becoming more difficult). I know you can't explain crazy, but if she was planning placement, it would explain for me the kind of rage he may have harbored against the world, such as we witnessed. Being forced to interact with others may have been his worst nightmare. Hard drives would surely show searches for facilities/ colleges.

dang it, young Noah, how can I take a bite of a taco without thinking of you now? In Tucson, I promise you, tacos will never go out of production..

Its been discussed as part of the divorce settlement that was agreed on. The judge also made NL the sole person responsible for AL's upbringing. It seemed to me that all the father was to do was make alimony payments.

I think in the article linked above, his father saw him every week and had joint custody, maybe, but AL cut off contact two years ago with his father. NL was the ultimate decision maker could they not agree but I haven't seen anything that she was the sole person responsible for his upbringing. Could be a matter of wording.

Good grief, those pictures in the slides show on that page are just heartbreaking.

Looking at the list of funerals upcoming, I'm struck by how many are from st rose de Lima parish. Thinking of the parishioners there, and sending peace, and strength to the priests as well, who will undoubtedly be overwhelmed saying so many funeral masses for all these little ones. :cry:

I'm glad you mentioned the priests...honestly, I hadn't REALLY thought that deep about it, but you're so right...they probably will never be the same after this, as well. I will be adding my prayers today for them to have the strength through this. Thanks for remembering them.

I think someone/media needs to immediately and widely publish some pretty stiff and humiliating legal fines and punishments for those reporting threats of any kind to schools in particular.

Disgusting/appalling/inexcusable behavior given the heightened state of alert of everyone at this point and going forward! JMHO

Making terroristic threats is a Class D Felony in Connecticut. That's slammer time.

http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/connecticut/ct-laws/connecticut_statutes_53a-61aa

JMO

dang it, young Noah, how can I take a bite of a taco without thinking of you now? In Tucson, I promise you, tacos will never go out of production..

And foot-long sandwiches at Subway for James Mattioli.

Gunman’s behavior indicates planning and control: Ex-FBI profiler

NEWTOWN, Conn.—In stockpiling ammunition, smashing his computers and killing his mother as she slept, Adam Lanza undertook considerable preparation before shooting up an elementary school on Friday, a former FBI profiler said.

"He didn't just snap. This takes a lot of planning," said Mary Ellen O'Toole, who worked for 15 years in the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit where she studied psychopaths and helped capture killers.

O'Toole retired in 2009 and has no direct connection to the case.

"I have not seen a case with callousness of this extreme," O'Toole said of Lanza's shooting rampage. "It's off the charts."

Multiple reports have painted Lanza, who lived alone with his divorced mother, as being socially awkward but very intelligent, especially when it came to computers.

O'Toole said the way Lanza carried out his killings suggested a high measure of control, including damaging the computers.

"His computers were very important him. They were a window to his world," O'Toole told Yahoo News. "He didn't want them to survive. He knew that they would give insight into him and didn't want people to have it."

"It's time we stop putting out the mental health issue as an excuse that he didn't know what he was doing," she said.

Shooting his mother while she slept and preloading numerous rounds of ammunition into the gun clips signals that Lanza was on a mission, O'Toole said.

"He wanted to accomplish maximum lethality," O'Toole said. "He was not out of touch with reality. I think he put some security measures in place so he wouldn't be stopped."

Which unfortunately meant choosing the most helpless of victims, she added.

"If you pick older people you are going to have some blowback," O'Toole said. "He didn't want people to interfere. When people take security measures like that, you know what you are doing is wrong."

These funeral pictures really bother me :( For obvious reasons, but also for the fact that these people have to bury their children with God-knows-how-many reporters and cameramen watching.

At what point do we just let them grieve privately?

They are sharing their children with the world. To me, that lightens their load as we all grieve for them.

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/jessica.jpg?w=300

jessica.jpg

2300-201_162-10014910-22.html

JESSICA REKOS, 6

"Jessica loved everything about horses," her parents, [RR&KR] said in a statement. "She devoted her free time to watching horse movies, reading horse books, drawing horses, and writing stories about horses."

When she turned 10, they promised, she could have a horse of her own. For Christmas, she asked Santa for new cowgirl boots and hat.

The Rekoses described their daughter as "a creative, beautiful little girl who loved playing with her little brothers, [T] and .

"She spent time writing in her journals, making up stories, and doing 'research' on orca whales — one of her passions after seeing the movie 'Free Willy' last year." Her dream of seeing a real orca was realized in October when she went to SeaWorld.

Jessica, first born in the family, "was our rock," the parents said. "She had an answer for everything, she didn't miss a trick, and she outsmarted us every time." A thoughtful planner, she was "our little CEO."

"We cannot imagine our life without her. We are mourning her loss, sharing our beautiful memories we have of her, and trying to help her brother [T] understand why he can't play with his best friend," they said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/conn-victims-lively-youngsters-devoted-adults-17989618?page=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck