Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God! What a transformation. Do we have any idea about the date of the photo where AL looks skeletal?

His chin and jawline changes a huge amount...it doesn't seem possible to change that much.

His chin and jawline changes a huge amount...it doesn't seem possible to change that much.

Whether he chose to eat or not, he looks malnourished. There are some problems here. I can't see mom not trying yet & galivanting across the states unless it's to improve his condition. I'd be horrified if my child tried to burn themselves if true. jmo

We have always had an armed officer on our high school campus for most of the day. They are called Resource officers and deal with kids caught with drugs etc.

But they can get to the middle school or elementary schools really quickly if need be. I hope we can keep them in the high schools.

Our district has resource officers on all of our high school and middle school campus's. The high school that my DD attends has right around 4000 students and actually has more then one officer on campus at any given time. We live in a very nice community with a very low crime rate. I can count the number of murders that we've had on one hand since we've been here for e past 15 years. Even knowing all of this I still wish we had officers at ALL campus's but considering we have roughly 50 campus's in our district it would cost an arm and a leg. I just know that we as a nation need to find ways to better protect our children.

JMO

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

so, according to one of her closest confidents she and Peter never lived in the home together when they moved to town 17 years ago...

so, according to one of her closest confidents she and Peter never lived in the home together when they moved to town 17 years ago...
17 years! Adam was 3? wtheck?

What about this accident? Was Adam with her?
Who took care of the boys when this happened?
Must have been bad if she ended up in braces!
:waitasec:(or was that for the MS?)

Our schools also have armed officers, even though they're in a very low crime area, attributed to this being upper income with more tax money to pay for it and very protective parents demanding it.

IANAL, but I doubt we'll see any teachers or other school employees armed, even if they are very rigorously screened and trained for it, if it would increase the school district's liability to a suit.

17 years! Adam was 3? wtheck?

What about this accident? Was Adam with her?
Who took care of the boys when this happened?
Must have been bad if she ended up in braces!
:waitasec:(or was that for the MS?)

If this report is true, this could explain the pulling AL out of school and the change in his behaviour.

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't know that she's been laid to rest yet, though. I think there has only been a memorial service for her.

Briggs refuted reports that Nancy Lanza was buried yesterday in Kingston. He said it has not been determined if she would be buried in town.

http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x1524998214/Nancy-Lanza-remembered-at-Kingston-service

Oh... Well, I hope, if she has not yet been laid to rest that she is to have an incident free burial. A time for her own family to grieve peacefully.

I personally feel very protective of Nancy's family (parents, brother, etc...) and of his (I have begun to not even state his name) brother and father. I don't know why, but I can not imagine being in their position. Ever!

I will say that I am very iffy about the ex-sister-in-law and what she has said to the media. Being facebook friends means very little in the facebook world. I believe she needs to sit down and shut up as it appears she has not seen Nancy or her boys in many, many years on a personal level. I know this comment seems very random, but I get the same vibe from her as I get from the landscape guy. I believe their statements have been nothing but self serving.

MOO

I don't get the outrage at the notion that NL may have taken measures to protect her son from hurting himself in the kitchen while she was out of town. It's been reported that he could feel no pain. It's been reported that she prepared his meals in advance before taking her mini-vacations because she didn't want him cooking.

I have no idea whether or not NL made sure he couldn't enter the main part of the house while she was away on vacation. It was pure speculation. All I know is that it would have made sense to have done so if she was worried about him hurting himself in the kitchen, or if she was worried about him possibly burning the house down by trying to cook for himself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...aeb-11e2-a6a6-aabac85e8036_story.html?hpid=z2

Donald W. Briggs, chief of the Kingston Police Department in Nancy Lanza’s hometown in New Hampshire, said the family will determine at a later date where to place her cremated remains.

Adam Lanza’s body remains in the custody of the Connecticut Medical Examiner’s Office, as officials piece together the final weeks of his life.

bbm

A plumber who worked at the home commented that there were no windows or doors in the basement and even said someone lived in there.

I am not sure the basement is a big issue in the sense of she confined him there or made him stay there. There was an article that said Ryan had used the basement as his living quarters and when he moved out Adam moved down there.

I know many kids who took over the available basement or a room in it just to be away from the rest of the house and feel more independent. You could play your music loud, mom and dad weren't walking by and poking their nose in all day and if you were lucky with a bathroom and microwave you could just retreat into your own stuff without disturbance for a while.

It just seems to me he happily took it over when Ryan left, had nothing to do with NL not wanting him upstairs.

A very normal teen thing to do

imo

Nope .. that picture came from "Google search"

That "square around her drink and hand" is not photo shop... there is another picture around ... same one but of LARGER size .. with some advertizing on it (I have it by the way) ... and the "square thingy" is on it too, as a part of advertizing) ... So if someone took the advertizing off, then more likely they kept the "square thingy" in tact, because it's a "see-through" .. and the orginal photo's material could be seen through it.

Something like that, i would imagine.

Thanks for the explanation about the photo, for the record, I never suggested it was you that did anything but the photo was still photo-shopped or manipulated which is all I meant.

It is weird to me because I hear so much criticism of teachers...I hope the people who say teacher don't care about their students or grades because they have tenure and the protection of a union aren't the same people who want them to be armed.
On monday I sent an e mail to my daughter's teacher thanking her for watching over my child 5 days a week. She was so grateful. Teachers are really hurting right now. I work across from the fire department and every time I heard the sirens that day my heart stopped because I just knew they were going to my daughter's school. I couldn't even imagine what it was like to be a teacher right now. I'm sure they were jumping out of their skin every time they hear a strange noise.

online moment of silence for some websites

Some major websites will go dark for one minute Friday at 9:30 a.m. ET as part of a national moment of silence for the victims of last week's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
It's unclear how widespread participation will be online, but more than 100,000 people and sites have pledged to participate on the Causes.com page for the Web Goes Silent campaign. People and companies are also spreading the word by tweeting their intention to go quiet with the hashtag #momentforSandyHook.
High-profile Silicon Valley venture capitalist Ron Conway is working hard to promote the online moment of silence, which is part of a larger campaign for federal gun control legislation. Conway is leading the Causes.com campaign along with other big names including Ryan Seacrest, Jack Dorsey, Britney Spears, MC Hammer, Suze Orman and Tyler Florence.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/20/tech/web/moment-of-silence-online/index.html?vm=r&s=1

Could the killer have passed a medical physical by a physician to get admitted to a college this year? Completion of one is required. If he was acting paranoid, delusional, illogical, or hallucinating during a physical exam, this would be recorded on his H&P and this might have kept him from ever being admitted to any college in WA state or elsewhere.

That is a really interesting question. Usually the medical exam for college goes to the school after they have been accepted. So that might not have been part of the application packet. There definitely are colleges dedicated to teaching students with learning disabilities I am not sure if they require the med. forms upon application or not.

Right after I posted that I started to search around to see which schools were out in washington. But- what I found was an article ( huff post) that stated that an un named family member or friend ( rumor??) said that she was about to commit him.
Was the 4 year college idea she shared with friends a cover for the truth?

I'm sure there is somebody out there ready to jump about the way I'm handling this, but I need to get him moving. I am 50 years old, our parents died at 70 and 71 after long illnesses. He doesn't have a ton of time to get functional. You do what you have to do. He'd prefer to stay home all day and read about World War II but I'm not having it.

He's lucky that you took him in. No one should ever jump on you about the way you are handling this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10