Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pathologist that did the autopsies said it was the "long gun" that was used. Who is telling the truth, and why is there so much disinformation?

To clarify, I'd like to once again post my retraction of the content I posted yesterday (the post your above post quoted):

Earlier today I posted a video about an NBC News report I saw here: http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495 but since I know YouTube is very friendly to use with WS, I did a YouTube search and linked to what I was confident was the video WITHOUT watching it; I apologize for this grave error and after just watching the video I shared I am deeply sorry for its content and, more importantly, for not reviewing the video first-- I was wrong and I am sorry.

The video I intended to post was about the type of weapons the shooter used during his Sandy Hook rampage. That report was from December 15 and NOT the Saturday Today Show before Christmas that I thought I recalled seeing it. The video contained information that turned out to be false. I am sorry for being guilty of the same kind of misreporting that I am lambasting the media for doing in relation to this tragedy.

According to the Newtown coroner and LE, the shooter used a semi-automatic AR-15, not four handguns as the report said.

I hope you will forgive me for this grave error. I am embarrassed and ashamed of my own failure to fact check this material but instead rely on memory.

The pathologist that did the autopsies said it was the "long gun" that was used. Who is telling the truth, and why is there so much disinformation?

Weird, I posted this before but it's gone.....

Anyhoo, I am baffled too by the conflicting reports but I swear I remember reading about the kids being killed by a .223 rifle pretty early on.

Did that change? The path reports seemed pretty concrete. But a lot of things in this case are like freshly poured concrete. :(

there really have not been any conflicting reports since the autopsies, the AR-15 rifle was the cause of all injuries except for AL (handgun self-inflicted) and his mother (different rifle that never left the house).

I think I have missed a lot, but is this really being questioned? I remember the pathology reports stating all the decedents were shot with the .223 rifle. And without exception, numerous times. Some as many as eleven times.

Oh, Reannan, I fear the pathologist's report is true. :(. But I really don't know.

I too, wonder why there seems to be so much conflicting info. :(

There were some early articles that were wrong but people keep bringing them up. It's not in dispute that victims were shot with a Bushmaster rifle.

Weird, I posted this before but it's gone.....

Anyhoo, I am baffled too by the conflicting reports but I swear I remember reading about the kids being killed by a .223 rifle pretty early on.

Did that change? The path reports seemed pretty concrete. But a lot of things in this case are like freshly poured concrete. :(

Nothing changed. Some early articles were wrong, but since then it's clear the victims were shot with a Bushmaster.

WOW..Even her husband is as morbid as his wife...Those two are made for each other...who are these folks...members of the TV Show Adams Family?...Sheesh !!

Politics, Xavier, Politics..

Police investigators this week continued their probe into the December 14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in which 20 first-graders and six school staffers were massacred when a gunman shot his way into the building and launched a gunfire rampage with a military-style assault rifle.

State police, town police, the state's attorney's office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, and the US attorney for Connecticut are among the agencies participating.

"I would hesitate to put a time on it," Lt Vance said of the duration of the probe.

A chief goal of the probe is uncovering a clear motive for Adam Lanza's actions. The results of the completed probe would be made public.

Danbury State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky, III, said this week that five search warrants which were issued to police investigators in probing the mass murder remain under court seal.

Mr Sedensky sought and received a judge's approval to keep those five warrants sealed from public review for 90 days to protect the ongoing crime investigation. He declined to describe the specifics of the warrants.

Those warrants would now be unsealed with their contents disclosed by late March, unless the state seeks and receives from a judge another time extension to keep them sealed.

http://newtownbee.com/2013-01-03__16-24-26

Meet renamed for Newtown victim

USA Wrestling is renaming an international dual meet in honor of a boy who was killed in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last month.

The former Kiki Cup, a Greco-Roman wrestling meet set to be held in Colorado Springs, Colo., will be renamed the Jack Pinto Cup in time for this year's meet set for Jan. 26.

The Pinto family gave USA Wrestling permission to rename the event. They say in a statement that they've been "overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the wrestling community."

Hokies honor Newtown victims

To remember those killed in both tragedies, the Hokies' helmets will feature a large orange-and-green ribbon, the word "Prevail" and the number 58 for the total number of victims.

"It's just one of those things that we've been through what those people up in Sandy Hook are going through," Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer said Monday, according to the Orlando Sentinel. "We prevailed in Blacksburg. I think if anything, it brought us closer and more determined, and the same thing is going to happen there. The way the community is coming together. It's a terrible thing to happen."

"We've got to prevail," Beamer said. "We can't let one person define Blacksburg or Virginia Tech, and we can't let (one) person define (Newtown)."

Giants welcome fans from Newtown

About 400 residents of Newtown, Conn., attended the New York Giants-Philadelphia Eagles game Sunday. Among them were a few families who lost children in the massacre this month, the Giants said. One was the family of Jack Pinto, the 6-year-old boy buried in a No. 80 jersey of Giants receiver Victor Cruz.

Big East honors Sandy Hook

The media swarm has left Newtown, Conn.

The national attention has shifted to the fiscal cliff.

The politics from the Newtown tragedy will likely return when the new Congress debates an assault weapons ban sometime this winter.

But college basketball has an opportunity to continue to honor the memory of the 20 children and six adults tragically killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the tranquil Connecticut town on Dec. 14.

UConn has done a wonderful job of honoring the victims and their families with a Sandy Hook patch on the men's and women's uniforms, a scholarship fund for siblings of the victims and other graduates of the elementary school that is up to $500,000 as of Saturday and a basketball clinic last week by the men's team.

During a recent game, Providence shed its black-and-white attire for green uniforms, the school colors of Sandy Hook. The Friars have also sectioned off an area with 26 empty seats.

College basketball has plenty of faults and failings, but one thing the sport has done well is drive awareness to causes and honor those who have fallen during the regular season, whether it is coaches wearing sneakers for cancer or no shoes for Samaritan's Feet or giving back to the military with on-site games. This display by UConn and the Big East may be one of the best.

This is going to tick a lot of people off, but we are not under attack by some foreign invaders or some horrible plague that we do not have an antidote for.

We are under attack by our own citizens with something that makes no sense that they should have or own.

The despair and hand wringing must end so we can take decisive action

This is going to tick a lot of people off, but we are not under attack by some foreign invaders or some horrible plague that we do not have an antidote for.

We are under attack by our own citizens with something that makes no sense that they should have or own.

The despair and hand wringing must end so we can take decisive action

People kill people. jmo

Thank you all for sharing both sides of the gun control issue.

Let's get back to the crime now
. :tyou:

Huh, I stopped reading those stupid stories, especially since they are involving Caylee Anthony and claiming she is alive.:banghead:

From what I have read, Adam Lanza seemed more talkative than Seung-Hui Cho. Cho seemed to be a total recluse who rarely talked. Lanza was a recluse, but he talked at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88