Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the insane conspiracy theory stuff?

Sadly the internet + the proliferation of social media has been a renaissance for the tinfoil hat industry; it's allowed mouth breathers to come together with each having a platform for their gibberish to the point that in today's global society, I don't think there is anything that happens that some dope doesn't shout conspiracy to anyone with ears...

Because, you know how astonishingly well people keep secrets...

Goodness.. LOL

Big East honors Sandy Hook

The media swarm has left Newtown, Conn.

The national attention has shifted to the fiscal cliff.

The politics from the Newtown tragedy will likely return when the new Congress debates an assault weapons ban sometime this winter.

But college basketball has an opportunity to continue to honor the memory of the 20 children and six adults tragically killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the tranquil Connecticut town on Dec. 14.

UConn has done a wonderful job of honoring the victims and their families with a Sandy Hook patch on the men's and women's uniforms, a scholarship fund for siblings of the victims and other graduates of the elementary school that is up to $500,000 as of Saturday and a basketball clinic last week by the men's team.

During a recent game, Providence shed its black-and-white attire for green uniforms, the school colors of Sandy Hook. The Friars have also sectioned off an area with 26 empty seats.

College basketball has plenty of faults and failings, but one thing the sport has done well is drive awareness to causes and honor those who have fallen during the regular season, whether it is coaches wearing sneakers for cancer or no shoes for Samaritan's Feet or giving back to the military with on-site games. This display by UConn and the Big East may be one of the best.

Good Post SUGAR--- I'm an alumni of Xavier Univ in Cincinnati,OH, our mens Div 1 hoops teram wore the green/white Sandy Hook uniforms for a recent game

Here's an excerpt from the article : http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...s-auction-newtown-shooting-victims-musketeers

The jerseys Xavier Uiversity wore were then auctioned off after the game to benefit the Sandy Hook School Support Fund. The online auction runs through Jan. 4.

"We decided to do this a couple days ago,” Coach Mack said. "My good friend Pat Kelsey at Winthrop was very eloquent about what happened. I'm a young daddy with first- and second-grade girls. I have been deeply impacted by the senseless killings just over a week ago. I cannot possibly imagine how the families are coping with their loss during this Christmas season.”

It wasn’t a unique idea, but it was a nice gesture. Earlier in the week, Providence took the floor in the colors of Sandy Hook Elementary with the words “Sandy Hook” on the backs of the jerseys instead of the players’ names.

I am seeing more conspiracy theory stuff now than I am real news about this. It really annoys me. Every one of these tragedies is turned into a conspiracy theory that the government is out to get us. We do a lot of messed up things but this is not one of them. I can't even watch them but they are posting pictures and videos around. :banghead:

I am seeing more conspiracy theory stuff now than I am real news about this. It really annoys me. Every one of these tragedies is turned into a conspiracy theory that the government is out to get us. We do a lot of messed up things but this is not one of them. I can't even watch them but they are posting pictures and videos around. :banghead:

I watched a few videos claiming that things were staged, actors were hired, etc. So, are these folks saying that nobody was really killed, and the whole thing was a government hoax?

By the "real news" a are you referring to programs like Nancy Grace (and similar)? If so, it's important to note that those shows are labeled as opinion/entertainment programming and the information presented isn't governed by news division standards; opinion/entertainment programming on news channels never makes a correction to things they present because it's not being presented as fact, just opinion/entertainment...

The Children of a Tragedy Are Returned to School Life

On the first day back, Sean Murray said, his 9-year-old son, Brendan, was eager to return to school and see his friends, but he was nervous at the same time.

“Brendan had two kids in his class whose siblings were killed,” Mr. Murray said. “He’s been getting counseling outside of school, and he might be getting more therapy in school. He’s a trouper, and he’s marching along, but you know there are underlying effects.”
Sarah Caron made her son, William, 7, his favorite breakfast — blueberry white-chocolate pancakes — as much, perhaps, for her peace of mind as for his, before he boarded the bus Thursday.

“It’s going to be a new normal,” she said. She also has a 5-year-old in kindergarten, who attends the afternoon session. “It can’t be the same, but hopefully everything will get a little bit easier every day.”
The memorials in Sandy Hook are gone, replaced by signs reading, “We are Sandy Hook. We Choose Love.” The banner at Town Hall reads, “Together We Birth a Culture of Peace.”“It’s almost as if this horrible event stripped people of the artifice that usually keeps people separate from each other,” he said. “The respect and kindness among people has been remarkable. You might think the words ‘Newtown student,’ like ‘Columbine student,’ would bring to mind kids who are traumatized, psychological casualties. But we’re determined to have ‘Newtown student’ mean something different — to become a role model for the best of humanity — for showing that light can come out of darkness.”

Chaplains sent to help in Sandy Hook return to Charlotte

"We were there the same day of the shooting. There were ten of us on the ground immediately. We were listening to the stories over a two and a half day period. It impacted our team very much," said New.

The chaplains spent a lot of time talking to Connecticut State Police officers who were in the school building.

"No life, basically no life where they touched. So it was very hard on the State Police officers who were in the school. Our goal is to try and help them release that," said New.

Mental health professionals also dealt with the officers, but things were so bad that even the pros needed someone to talk to.

"No one was prepared for this, not even the first responders. All the chaplains who were there were the best of the best," New said.

Again - God bless the first responders. :please:

Where's my teacher? Girl who survived Sandy Hook massacre asks mom about hero teacher Victoria Soto on first day back to school

Soto, 27, used herself as a human shield when the crazed gunman began spraying the school with an assault rifle. The selfless teacher’s body was found in a closet where she brought her students to hide.

This is the first time I've read that Victoria Soto was in the closet with the kids. :waitasec:

Me too.

After Columbine, we started our school lockdowns.

The principals were thoroughly trained and then they worked with the staff at their own school to develop individualized plans for their buildings.

Our principal told us that these bullets can go through walls and through bodies so if we tried to shield a child, it may not work.

Weapons that spray six bullets per second are hard to defend against.

Noah Pozner’s Mom Describes Newtown Victim’s Body, And Why We Should All Listen

At the start of the piece, Zeveloff quotes Pozner as she describes asking Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy to view Noah’s open casket — Veronique Pozner explains, heartbreakingly, how she hoped that if the time ever came to pass legislation on the factors that led to her son’s death, Gov. Malloy would be able to place a face and a person with the decision:

“I needed it to have a face for him … If there is ever a piece of legislation that comes across his desk, I needed it to be real for him.”
Zeveloff asks Pozner how she came to make the decision to view Noah’s body, and what tears at your soul about it is the essence of her statement — because who among us would not feel the exact same way?

Veronique Pozner replied:

“I owed it to him as his mother, the good, the bad, the ugly … It is not up to me to say I am only going to look at you and deal with you when you are alive, that I am going to block out the reality of what you look like when you are dead. And as a little boy, you have to go in the ground. If I am going to shut my eyes to that I am not his mother. I had to bear it. I had to do it.”

Indeed, in those two exchanges, it seems the crux of the issue is clear — Veronique Pozner made the difficult choice to view Noah’s body after he had been shot 11 times at close range because she owed it to him, as his mother, to know.

Noah Pozner’s Mom Describes Newtown Victim’s Body, And Why We Should All Listen

At the start of the piece, Zeveloff quotes Pozner as she describes asking Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy to view Noah’s open casket — Veronique Pozner explains, heartbreakingly, how she hoped that if the time ever came to pass legislation on the factors that led to her son’s death, Gov. Malloy would be able to place a face and a person with the decision:

“I needed it to have a face for him … If there is ever a piece of legislation that comes across his desk, I needed it to be real for him.”
Zeveloff asks Pozner how she came to make the decision to view Noah’s body, and what tears at your soul about it is the essence of her statement — because who among us would not feel the exact same way?

Veronique Pozner replied:

“I owed it to him as his mother, the good, the bad, the ugly … It is not up to me to say I am only going to look at you and deal with you when you are alive, that I am going to block out the reality of what you look like when you are dead. And as a little boy, you have to go in the ground. If I am going to shut my eyes to that I am not his mother. I had to bear it. I had to do it.”

Indeed, in those two exchanges, it seems the crux of the issue is clear — Veronique Pozner made the difficult choice to view Noah’s body after he had been shot 11 times at close range because she owed it to him, as his mother, to know.

SUGAR--Reading this and the little Pozner boy's horrifying wounds, as well as the other children whose parents needed photos to subdue their shock from viewing their children's wounds, makes anyone want to hate Lanza even more

Behind the beautiful home, no financial worries, the hi tech toys, all of his superior education, intelligence, freedom to lay around for years playing ridiculous mind numbing video games, Lanza was a spoiled brat coward, an evil demon, that's what he was

We can talk he had a disorder, illness, disease, whatever...they guy knew he was going to brutally kill his mother and everyone inside the Sandy Hook school building as soon as his mom came home from her New Hampshire trip...and to me he was a demon

Look at all the great human life stories of disabled people without the money, resources Lanza had, they did'nt sit around the house and whine, complain, play mind games with their parents...they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and made a positive life for themselves...

SUGAR--Reading this and the little Pozner boy's horrifying wounds, as well as the other children whose parents needed photos to subdue their shock from viewing their children's wounds, makes anyone want to hate Lanza even more

Behind the beautiful home, no financial worries, the hi tech toys, all of his superior education, intelligence, freedom to lay around for years playing ridiculous mind numbing video games, Lanza was a spoiled brat coward, an evil demon, that's what he was

We can talk he had a disorder, illness, disease, whatever...they guy knew he was going to brutally kill his mother and everyone inside the Sandy Hook school building as soon as his mom came home from her New Hampshire trip...and to me he was a demon

Look at all the great human life stories of disabled people without the money, resources Lanza had, they did'nt sit around the house and whine, complain, play mind games with their parents...they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and made a positive life for themselves...

Spoiled. Yes. That is a great word. Makes total sense

:goodpost:

I'm also reminded of the following message from Veronique Pozner:

Like some Sandy Hook parents who have spoken to the media, Veronique has shied away from portraying Lanza as evil or diabolical. “If we describe him as a demonic force or as a beast with the sign of the beast on his forehead, that is a mistake,” she says. “Because then we are making him apart from humanity when in fact he is part of what is possible in humanity. How do we help these people so this doesn’t happen again, so they never sink so low, so they never have to go to a place so dark where they can take out small children in a fit of rage?"

Connecticut town to burn violent video games as Sandy Hook returns to school
Organisation in neighbouring town to offer gift certificates in exchange for games, movies and music in wake of shooting

...The press release accompanying the announcement said that Southington SOS's action should not be "construed as statement declaring that violent video games were the cause of the shocking violence in Newtown on December 14".

"Rather, Southington SOS is saying is that there is ample evidence that violent video games, along with violent media of all kinds, including TV and movies portraying story after story showing a continuous stream of violence and killing, has contributed to increasing aggressiveness, fear, anxiety and is desensitizing our children to acts of violence including bullying. ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/03/newtown-shooting-video-game-buyback

Victoria Soto Was Prepared For Last, Selfless Lesson

"She just didn't sit in your class,'' Rifkin said of Soto. "She absorbed your class. We are talking about some controversial issues. Christopher Columbus; the definition of a family. ... Vicki would be figuring out how she would make it hers, so she could pass it on. Teaching was not an abstraction to her.''

Does this help explain what Soto would do nearly five years later when gunman Adam Lanza entered her classroom at Sandy Hook Elementary School after slaughtering every child and teacher Lauren Rosseau in the next room? She ushered special education teacher Anne Marie Murphy and several children under her desk. She moved other children behind a bookcase or barrier. When Lanza came in, Soto was the only one he saw. She faced him. He killed her, and then he killed the children and Murphy under the desk. Murphy died shielding a child in her arms. Other children escaped the classroom.

This is the first I've read of what happened in Victoria Soto's classroom. It contradicts initial reports that all children were in the closet with some running out after Victoria was shot.

Convoy in Michigan to honor Connecticut school shooting victims

Procession to pass through multiple cities

Published On: Jan 05 2013 04:42:48 AM EST

SAULT STE. MARIE, Mich. -
A ceremony in Sault Ste. Marie will conclude a procession of 27 emergency vehicles across parts of Michigan to honor the victims of the Connecticut school shooting.

The program will be held Saturday at 5 p.m. at Lake Superior State University...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ms/-/1719418/18021952/-/13x3fypz/-/index.html

Victoria Soto Was Prepared For Last, Selfless Lesson

"She just didn't sit in your class,'' Rifkin said of Soto. "She absorbed your class. We are talking about some controversial issues. Christopher Columbus; the definition of a family. ... Vicki would be figuring out how she would make it hers, so she could pass it on. Teaching was not an abstraction to her.''

Does this help explain what Soto would do nearly five years later when gunman Adam Lanza entered her classroom at Sandy Hook Elementary School after slaughtering every child and teacher Lauren Rosseau in the next room? She ushered special education teacher Anne Marie Murphy and several children under her desk. She moved other children behind a bookcase or barrier. When Lanza came in, Soto was the only one he saw. She faced him. He killed her, and then he killed the children and Murphy under the desk. Murphy died shielding a child in her arms. Other children escaped the classroom.

This is the first I've read of what happened in Victoria Soto's classroom. It contradicts initial reports that all children were in the closet with some running out after Victoria was shot.

All of these reports are contradictory somewhat. Either five or six children did run out after she was shot.

Vicki Soto should be an inspiration for anyone...Especially folks who are bored in the jobs, careers or forgot what the word passion, excelling to your very best in life truly means...Money was'nt driving her passion for teaching...

""Vicki Soto had worked consciously for as long as 13 years, since she was a freshman at Stratford High School, to become an impeccably prepared school teacher. She milked every class, every student-teaching opportunity, every internship, every assignment as a substitute teacher, every tutoring session she gave, every week of the three years she taught first grade at Sandy Hook Elementary, to amass the tools that she decided she needed to be a complete teacher for every single kid in her classroom. ""

http://articles.courant.com/2012-12...her-special-education-teacher-student-teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151