CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus my suspicion that the police have a suspect in mind, but are playing it very close to the vest.

That is actually something I suspect too and I am hoping I am not being too optimistic. The only satisfying answer to me for no press releases or pressure being put anywhere would be them having a case and just needing (for some reason) one more piece or a little more time. I am hoping that is the case and not them being completely clueless.

From NG transcript 12/3 (give it what weight you want):

Jon Denny, KKOB : From what I understand, they`ve taken two trucks from the home, from Mark Redwine`s home, and -- for further investigation. Mark has also said that they let him back into the home today. And he noticed that several items were taken, but that he wouldn`t elaborate on what exactly had been removed from the home.

I think it could very well be a pretty good possibility dont you?

How many times have we as parents said (esp at dinner) "If I see you texting again im taking the phone" they put it down under the table and it buzzes lol and its killing them not to look at it!

I think it makes perfect sense esp if dad wanted his undivided attention after all Dylan was there ot see him right?

All JMVOPO!

That's the number one rule here. Everyone's phones are turned off at meals. Mine, hubby's..no exceptions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does not really prove to me that LE said this on the 26th. I take it as quoting LE from much earlier on in the case, but JMO.

Well you can do like I do and research articles. On this one I tracked down that it was an independent journalist who went out on site doing interviews, and her twitter sure looks like she was on site interviewing bright and early November 26, and then thanking KRCC in the evening after they published her article. What I found, plus the article saying "on monday morning" gave me indications the info came from Nov 26. I sure could be wrong.

What do you see in the article, or what research have you done, that's telling you the quote was actually from a much earlier date?

There were no pictures of a computer being removed. No tubs of evidense, etc. It makes me think they have some evidence pointing to DR being in the home, and no evidence of foul play that morning or night. jmo

There was a photograph of the home with a large tent when the search was being conducted, so no pics of anything removed. All obstructed from public view by tent.

Ok I found the vehicles returned reference-it is in thread 18 and I just searched "vehicles returned". Apparently a reporter that was sitting outside MR's house saw them being returned and a local or two said that the trucks were back and sitting outside his house. That is not MSM so I understand if people disregard it as rumor. It would be nice if we had a verified local on here who could do a drive by and see (just kidding, that is creepy!).

It is also nice to see that some stuff was taken. I guess now that I remember I do remember someone mentioning an Ipod and perhaps a pair of jog pants?

I think we should also note that there were no pictures of LE carrying anything out of the house. We know that there was press there and they are deperate for pictures or something. In any other case we always see pictures of what was removed. jmo

BBM - do we actually "see" what they remove or do we see items in paper bags, boxes, etc removed?
MOO, we see items removed, but don't know what the items are. In this case, IIRC the item(s) we actually saw removed were the vehicles. However, there was a police trailer there, so the view could have been obstructed for other items.

No. LE can't say if fingerprints are fresh. Fingerprints can not be dated.
They also waited 10 days to do forensic search of the house.
I don't think that they can prove one way or the other if Dylan was at that house.

The only way I can think of is IF MR can show a receipt for a box of Capn Crunch, bought at Walmart on Sunday evening. And there are Dylan's prints on the box. Or some cookies or chips that he bought for his son, with his prints. I don't think he would still have the milk carton from that trip, but maybe.

Well you can do like I do and research articles. On this one I tracked down that it was an independent journalist who went out on site doing interviews, and her twitter sure looks like she was on site interviewing bright and early November 26, and then thanking KRCC in the evening after they published her article. What I found, plus the article saying "on monday morning" gave me indications the info came from Nov 26. I sure could be wrong.

What do you see in the article, or what research have you done, that's telling you the quote was actually from a much earlier date?

Bender said "there is nothing on his cell phone record since he was reported missing" when he was talking about why Dylan was not a runaway in LE's opinion. Also on the NG show, he referenced Sunday night with regards to the phone.

bender's quote came up in a Denver online article, I believe, when I googled just now, but have not figured out copy and paste very well on new Ipad.

The only way I can think of is IF MR can show a receipt for a box of Capn Crunch, bought at Walmart on Sunday evening. And there are Dylan's prints on the box. Or some cookies or chips that he bought for his son, with his prints. I don't think he would still have the milk carton from that trip, but maybe.

Shouldn't there have been hair, skin cells, etc on whatever he laid his head on to sleep that night? Also, why could not such an item be used for a search, i wonder, as it would be fresh and full of scent, IMO.

They can tell if the prints are fresh? How? More oils on the print? No other residue on the print ? (dust, etc)

Ah Ha!
LE can use the prints from the truck to compare them to the prints in the house. these prints will be different than the prints from last time he was there.
Maybe grease from fries or a burger or from something he was holding.

Just a thought!

Shouldn't there have been hair, skin cells, etc on whatever he laid his head on to sleep that night? Also, why could not such an item be used for a search, i wonder, as it would be fresh and full of scent, IMO.

There should be hair and skin cells on the couch area, but he slept there in September too. And there were no sheets used apparently. So how could you tell if the hair was from September or November?

There was a photograph of the home with a large tent when the search was being conducted, so no pics of anything removed. All obstructed from public view by tent.

whatever was removed it had to come out the door. some photographer would have caught it. jmo

There should be hair and skin cells on the couch area, but he slept there in September too. And there were no sheets used apparently. So how could you tell if the hair was from September or November?

I was thinking of whatever he literally slept on that night, i.e a pillow case? Unless it was never washed.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

If he slept on the couch I don't think some dogs could use that as a scent item. Depending on the dog and training, the owners/trackers can be particular about scent items. I have seen certain items demanded over others. One dog owner demanded ONLY shoes-old shoes owned by the victim. However, one of websleuths own said that shoes are actually the worst possible scent item. I have seen cases criticized heavily for using the first scent item available and not waiting for a better one blaming that for bad results.
I have never seen a couch cushion/pillow possibly used by multiple people used as a scent item. I guess it is possible but I won't judge a scent dog owner for possibly rejecting that as a scent item.

BBM - do we actually "see" what they remove or do we see items in paper bags, boxes, etc removed?
MOO, we see items removed, but don't know what the items are. In this case, IIRC the item(s) we actually saw removed were the vehicles. However, there was a police trailer there, so the view could have been obstructed for other items.

Please!! I think you know what I meant. In other cases we have seen crates, rugs, computers, etc. The police tent was not over the front door. jmo

I believe it's been talked about several times. Anything laying on a couch, or other places that a lot of people have been, would not have a clean scent. In order for the dogs to track someone from a scent article, I believe it has to be something that has only been touched by the missing person. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288