Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

Here what I was going to post in the previous thread.

Ok here are my :twocents: on the texting discussion.

It would be more helpful if LE asked his friends if there was something weird about Dylan's replies or lack of replies. His mother saying that Dylan texted a lot is not incompatible with other factors, namely that he could be tired because of travelling and not getting much sleep the night before. By my parents' standards my teenaged self must have texted a lot but I was not even the most active texter among my friends and it's just because for me texts replace informal calls while for my parents it's just a way of dropping someone a quick note. I also must have seemed to be texting a lot when I was talking to several people at once. Additionally, most text-obsessed people I know were not always glued to their phones and sometimes took a while to reply when it was not urgent. My younger relatives are closer to Dylan in age and that seems to be the case with their friends too.

The 15 mins gap between texts may have been while he was busy or distracted at Walmart or McDonald's, upset that his father said no or even trying to change his dad's mind before getting back to his friend. Dylan not texting his mother sounds normal because when I was visiting one of my parents I would not keep the other updated about everything since I was with a parent (not the same as being alone or with friends)... texting her after his flight would be logical but he could have forgotten amid all the commotion of landing, getting his bags, finding his father and trying to make plans with his friends. He was clearly alive and chatting at least until he stopped talking to his friend.

The strangest part to me is his lack of replies in the morning. Here's what may have happened, IMO of course:
- Dylan was asleep and didn't notice his father leaving the house or his friend's text asking him where he was (about 15 mins after he was supposed to have arrived). He woke up and saw the second text letting him know his friends had relocated. Since there was no need to reply to the first text anymore or because he was upset, he decided to hitchike or wait for his father. In the hour or two between the second text and his father's arrival he was abducted.

- Dylan woke up and saw the first text. He decided it wasn't worth replying so he just sat around waiting or tried to hitchiked and that's when he was abducted so he didn't read the second text.

- Dylan woke up and noticed that his father had left. If he hitchiked he would arrive to his friend's only a bit late so he tried to do it, or he decided to wait. He didn't let his friend know he had woken up late because he was upset with his father or because he didn't see a point. Something happened and he was abducted before either text reached him.

whatever was removed it had to come out the door. some photographer would have caught it. jmo

Did you see the pictures and 2 videos at the link I posted?
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...edwines-father-does-not-call-father-a-suspect

There are multiple obstructions - tents, sheets, LE vehicles, etc.

It's not like there were media helicopters flying over MR's house looking for bags of evidence being taken out the front door.

I'm not sure what a photographer would catch anyway. It's all bagged and contained.

Could one of the reminder posts about going after other members be brought over?

Did you see the pictures and 2 videos at the link I posted?
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...edwines-father-does-not-call-father-a-suspect

There are multiple obstructions - tents, sheets, LE vehicles, etc.

It's not like there were media helicopters flying over MR's house looking for bags of evidence being taken out the front door.

I'm not sure what a photographer would catch anyway. It's all bagged and contained.

Yeah, unless the media is camped outside the house 24/7, I could see how they could miss something happening.

I think perhaps we are just used to seeing the bags come out and that is why some of us are thrown. I can remember multiple pictures showing bags of evidence bring brought out in other cases. I guess in this one they were just more private about it. We could have played "guess what is in the evidence bag" if we did have those pictures though.

I am also curious about his phone habits the last time he visited Dad. I believe that was a few months ago? Did he text non-stop all day during his last visit with Dad or were there gaps, stops at certain hours, etc?

Bringing this over from the last thread. I believe it was from Katydid.

"The only way I can think of is IF MR can show a receipt for a box of Capn Crunch, bought at Walmart on Sunday evening. And there are Dylan's prints on the box. Or some cookies or chips that he bought for his son, with his prints. I don't think he would still have the milk carton from that trip, but maybe."

Except, what if dad let Dylan "pick out" the cereal, milk and/or cookies? Dylan picks it up and puts it in the cart. Then his prints would be on it, even if he never made it to the house.

Question:

We know that the police have stated that all the RSO have alibis.

Say that one of the alibis didn't check out. The police think perhaps that RSO did the crime, but there isn't enough to arrest the RSO yet.

Would they make a statement saying that an RSO was under suspicion? Or would they say that all the alibis checked out to make sure the RSO didn't high tail it out of town?

Here what I was going to post in the previous thread.

Ok here are my :twocents: on the texting discussion.

It would be more helpful if LE asked his friends if there was something weird about Dylan's replies or lack of replies. His mother saying that Dylan texted a lot is not incompatible with other factors, namely that he could be tired because of travelling and not getting much sleep the night before. By my parents' standards my teenaged self must have texted a lot but I was not even the most active texter among my friends and it's just because for me texts replace informal calls while for my parents it's just a way of dropping someone a quick note. I also must have seemed to be texting a lot when I was talking to several people at once. Additionally, most text-obsessed people I know were not always glued to their phones and sometimes took a while to reply when it was not urgent. My younger relatives are closer to Dylan in age and that seems to be the case with their friends too.

The 15 mins gap between texts may have been while he was busy or distracted at Walmart or McDonald's, upset that his father said no or even trying to change his dad's mind before getting back to his friend. Dylan not texting his mother sounds normal because when I was visiting one of my parents I would not keep the other updated about everything since I was with a parent (not the same as being alone or with friends)... texting her after his flight would be logical but he could have forgotten amid all the commotion of landing, getting his bags, finding his father and trying to make plans with his friends. He was clearly alive and chatting at least until he stopped talking to his friend.

The strangest part to me is his lack of replies in the morning. Here's what may have happened, IMO of course:
- Dylan was asleep and didn't notice his father leaving the house or his friend's text asking him where he was (about 15 mins after he was supposed to have arrived). He woke up and saw the second text letting him know his friends had relocated. Since there was no need to reply to the first text anymore or because he was upset, he decided to hitchike or wait for his father. In the hour or two between the second text and his father's arrival he was abducted.

- Dylan woke up and saw the first text. He decided it wasn't worth replying so he just sat around waiting or tried to hitchiked and that's when he was abducted so he didn't read the second text.

- Dylan woke up and noticed that his father had left. If he hitchiked he would arrive to his friend's only a bit late so he tried to do it, or he decided to wait. He didn't let his friend know he had woken up late because he was upset with his father or because he didn't see a point. Something happened and he was abducted before either text reached him.

His phone was not on after 8pm so he could not of seen them texts.

Also he was awake as MR states he said ok when he said he would pick him up at 11.30am.

That was an assumption because of Dylan's lack of activity after 8pm. The police have never stated that his phone was off after that time.

Question:

We know that the police have stated that all the RSO have alibis.

Say that one of the alibis didn't check out. The police think perhaps that RSO did the crime, but there isn't enough to arrest the RSO yet.

Would they make a statement saying that an RSO was under suspicion? Or would they say that all the alibis checked out to make sure the RSO didn't high tail it out of town?

No way of knowing.

Also he was awake as MR states he said ok when he said he would pick him up at 11.30am.

His phone was not active after 8 pm. That's not the same thing. MOO

The tracking dog learns to search for an individual when no scent article is available. He might be used to track an escaped criminal. National Association For Search and Rescue (NASAR) includes the following statement on its website, "Experts estimate that a single dog team can be as effective as 20 to 30 trained human searchers in locating a missing person in a given period of time."

Read more: About Specific Scent Tracking for Dogs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5407724_specific-scent-tracking-dogs.html#ixzz2HEDobkAV

The tracking dog learns to search for an individual when no scent article is available. He might be used to track an escaped criminal. National Association For Search and Rescue (NASAR) includes the following statement on its website, "Experts estimate that a single dog team can be as effective as 20 to 30 trained human searchers in locating a missing person in a given period of time."

Read more: About Specific Scent Tracking for Dogs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5407724_specific-scent-tracking-dogs.html#ixzz2HEDobkAV

That depends on the dog, and what it's trained for. MOO

That was an assumption because of Dylan's lack of activity after 8pm. The police have never stated that his phone was off after that time.

His phone was not active after 8 pm. That's not the same thing. MOO

Well why have they never been able to track his route via the pings that night then ?

i think it was switched off as otherwise they could at least pin point him at home that night as it would bounce of cell towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27