milkymama

Reaction score
2003 Suicide (03-57083)

Body Found: Apr 30, 2003
Crime Scene: 1943 Karen Drive in Fort Lauderdale
Description: 5'7” tall and weighed 137lbs
Approx. Age: 45-65
Clues:
Clothing: size 10 Style and Co jeans, a 1 piece blue, green and purple bathing suite and a Western style shirt with metal button that said “BADGE”.
Note written in Croatian and referred to her children with the names as Pero and Zira.

There are actually a number of unidentifieds on this page. This particular one caught my eye due to clues such as the names in the note and the fact that it was written in Croatian.

I have an ancestry account and found some links to the stated first names with the last names from the Croatian region - Visnjic, Vujacic, Druskovic, Osojic/Ostojic, Zecevic, Rajsic, Vujanovic, Kornreich, Kaplan, in the state of Florida. Also an English sounding last name for a Zira. There are Spanish last names as well but I did not list those.

Also, this site is the "Croatian Friends of Florida" site and perhaps they could be emailed to see if anyone affiliated with them knows of a missing person?

http://croatiaclub.tripod.com/

Of course if she didn't live in Florida, this is probably useless information.

Ruled out:

Bonnie Kelly
Parley Pate

Deceased found in advanced stage of decomposition, with incised wounds of wrists and neck. Several notes found with Arabic writings, and possible Turkish or Serbo-Croatian dialect.

Upper dentures. Says edentuluous (lacking teeth). Not sure if this means no teeth at all or just the uppers.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7840

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5150/9/

Annabelle M Rankin Ludwig was last known to be in the area of Cridersville, Ohio and or Allen County, Ohio or Rawson,Ohio, Hancock County, Ohio in March to June 1982. Annabelle Ludwig according to family reports had tendancies to leave the family for weeks at a time but always returned. According to family members, one day she was just not there and never came back. Annabelle may have had planned travel to Florida. No family members have had contact with Annabelle since that time in 1982.

Ruled out:

Bonnie Kelly
Parley Pate

Deceased found in advanced stage of decomposition, with incised wounds of wrists and neck. Several notes found with Arabic writings, and possible Turkish or Serbo-Croatian dialect.

Upper dentures. Says edentuluous (lacking teeth). Not sure if this means no teeth at all or just the uppers.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7840

she had full dentures and no natural teeth at all.

Where did you see full dentures? The physical/medical says upper dentures.

I must be blind. I now see where dentures are checked and upper and lower teeth missing are checked. But only the upper denture is listed as having been found with her body on physical/medical. This sounds to me like she had no teeth ever as in they didn't form (not sure if "no teeth during life" means that they never developed or if it could mean simply the teeth were lost/removed during life as opposed to after death) and only an upper denture was found.

Also...the suicide note...it is attached to identifyus.org but too bad there isn't a full translation.

I must be blind. I now see where dentures are checked and upper and lower teeth missing are checked. But only the upper denture is listed as having been found with her body on physical/medical. This sounds to me like she had no teeth ever as in they didn't form (not sure if "no teeth during life" means that they never developed or if it could mean simply the teeth were lost/removed during life as opposed to after death) and only an upper denture was found.

Also...the suicide note...it is attached to identifyus.org but too bad there isn't a full translation.

I can't find the note, my mother speaks and reads Arabic she can translate if I can find it.

all I could make out looking at the note were repeated references to Allah. Pero and Zira do not sound like typical Muslim names so I am assuming that they are nicknames.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7791/2/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cooper_darlene.html

Date last seen March 05, 2003 19:53
Age 38 to years old
Height 65.0 to 70.0 inches
Weight 145.0 to 155.0 pounds
Unspecified mental condition
Doesn't mention dental condition at all.
Hair color says brown but picture doesn't look brown to me. Maybe she changed it.

Seems an unlikely person to write a note as was found but stranger things have happened. There aren't many details on her at all. No DNA entered.

Goodness! I must be blind! My mom will translate this tonight, she's printing it out right now.

I could only understand the word "Allah", but the sadness seems to come through.

What does the translation say?

Only a small percentage of Croatians are Muslim, so she was probabaly not from that country.
This is the second time I have seen the word "edentulous" on this forum. Had to look it up, thought he was one of the Roman emperors.

What about a Bosnian Muslim?

Islam is the largest single (not quite a majority) religion there and it would explain both the Croat language (Bosnian is a dialect of Serbo-Croat) and the Islamic writings.

With a small sample, it might not be possible to distinguish Bosnian and Croat languages.

Croats are much more religiously homogenous than Bosnians (88% Catholic vs 45% Muslim as the largest religion).

Islam is the largest single (not quite a majority) religion there and it would explain both the Croat language (Bosnian is a dialect of Serbo-Croat) and the Islamic writings.

With a small sample, it might not be possible to distinguish Bosnian and Croat languages.

Croats are much more religiously homogenous than Bosnians (88% Catholic vs 45% Muslim as the largest religion).

Many of the Croatians who came to the US during the breakup of Yugoslavia were Muslim minority.

We have a number of families like that in our area. I'll ask around.

I did a short review of the Serbo-Croatian language, and it is a complicated subject to say the least!
The note is written in the Latin alphabet, not Cyrillic. That will surely be significant.

Surely a seven page suicide note has something in it that will help identify her. Even if there are not clues in the content, the language has enough regional variations that I feel sure that when the right expert looks at it they can at least narrow her origin down a bit.

I wonder about the description of the remains as being decomposed, but also her being deceased one week. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back