GUILTY TX - Leah Aguirre, 2, Crosbyton, 1 Jan 2013

Oh how heartbreaking. I wonder how they found out she was in the basement after their previous search. How horrible for little Leah, seems like all the adults in her world made her life a living hell.

IDK about that. Seems like there was an article about there not being an active CPS case on Leah, and some posters seemed to think maybe mom mentally challenged (speculation) so if those are true, maybe mom loved Leah very much but thought she was in more capable hands with family members.

I'm sorry it wasn't so.

I am so sorry sweetie :( I hope you can feel all of the love that people are sending you way. It is just not fair that you were treated like this and had your precious life stolen away. Your life was worth more than this. RIP Leah *advertiser censored*

:frown:IIRC Leah's Mom had left her with a family friend because she was going to take care of a sick aunt and couldn't take care of both of them. That was in one of the video links further upthread. It appears CPS has investigated her serveral times and cleared her. Seems like CPS may have dropped the ball. And where was this Mom's family if Mom couldn't take care of her? i feel so sad for this little girl. She was so precious and everyone around her failed her. Why can't society get stirred up as much about our little babies bing killed by adults as it is about gun control right now? Does no one care about these little ones? My heart is broken....

:frown:IIRC Leah's Mom had left her with a family friend because she was going to take care of a sick aunt and couldn't take care of both of them. That was in one of the video links further upthread. It appears CPS has investigated her serveral times and cleared her. Seems like CPS may have dropped the ball. And where was this Mom's family if Mom couldn't take care of her? i feel so sad for this little girl. She was so precious and everyone around her failed her. Why can't society get stirred up as much about our little babies bing killed by adults as it is about gun control right now? Does no one care about these little ones? My heart is broken....

Respectfully, the two issues are not mutually exclusive. Children are being murdered BY guns.

However we don't know what happened in Leah's case, which is where we are. :(

Respectfully, the two issues are not mutually exclusive. Children are being murdered BY guns.

However we don't know what happened in Leah's case, which is where we are. :(

I beg to differ with you. Children are not being killed by guns. They are being killed by ADULTS. The gun did not get up and go kill someone. BIG difference there. People need to be held accountable for their actions.

Her fb says she enjoyed have the grandkids over the weekend on Jan 6. So she was upstairs with her grandkids while knowing Leah was dead downstairs. Grrr

750184d1-bc8d-49a8-ad90-394c369a9aadwallpaper_zpsa8246102.jpg

@#@%$#%%%%%%%*^%&###### darnt it son of a biscuit. I cant type how mad and upset I am right now. WHY WHY......so sad

@#@%$#%%%%%%%*^%&###### darnt it son of a biscuit. I cant type how mad and upset I am right now. WHY WHY......so sad
I get the sad feeling this girl never felt love in her life. I was rooting for the Miguel theory, and that she would be passed off to some rich couple looking for a quick adoption. I was really hoping she'd find loving arms through this ordeal. Well now she's in the loving arms of Jesus.
Gah! Stories like this tear me to pieces. An unloved child, leaving this world too soon, in a horrific way. Makes me want to adopt every child in the foster care system.

Human trafficking is not a solution - it's a crime. People who buy babies as if they're objects, rather than human beings, are not loving - they're criminals.

IDK about that. Seems like there was an article about there not being an active CPS case on Leah, and some posters seemed to think maybe mom mentally challenged (speculation) so if those are true, maybe mom loved Leah very much but thought she was in more capable hands with family members.

I'm sorry it wasn't so.

Just the fact that she had been reported to CPS over and over and yet still Leah was being passed around is heartbreaking. Add in the fact that Leah's life wasn't even safe in the hands of her caregiver, apparently... no one seemed to give two thoughts to this little girl. And if it's true that mom wanted to sell her (which I saw in an article earlier?), then even mom isn't a "good guy". Sigh. How sad for this little girl.

I beg to differ with you. Children are not being killed by guns. They are being killed by ADULTS. The gun did not get up and go kill someone. BIG difference there. People need to be held accountable for their actions.

You mentioned gun control in this thread and asked why people don"t care as much about children dying as they do about gun control.

I responded that I care very much about children being shot to death in school (but not by guns, apparently...so HOW do they get shot?) which is why I care equally about both children being killed AND gun control.

Wrong thread for this argument anyway. :waitasec:

From everything I am hearing and reading this poor baby never stood a chance.... So so unfair.... I am just plain sad...:(. RIP little beauty.... I really have no words, just so unfair...

Parrott said police executed a search warrant at Almaraz’s home in the 500 block of Ayrshire Street due to some statements made by Almaraz and her “great concern” for a certain area in the basement.

Parrott briefly commented on the scene investigators found inside the house.

“She was intentionally concealed,” the chief said of the child found. “You really had to have been there to see how well concealed she was.”

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-onli...uirres-caretaker-and-charged-her#.UO-KoW-umq8

I am in tears.. not again. I am so freaking angry too!

http://www.kcbd.com/story/20557035/leah-aguirre-found-dead-behind-caretakers-house

snipped:Leah's mother Tina Aguirre had given temporary custody of her daughter to Almaraz back in September while she took care of a sick aunt. Tina only knew Almaraz through a friend on Facebook, and says she rarely saw Leah after that. She says the last time she was able to get a hold of Almaraz was on Christmas Eve.

BBM What in the hell? Tina "knew" this woman through a friend on fb? And she just gave her Leah? Then never saw her? Where was this childs family? Grandmother? Father? WHY WHY WHY??????

Evil, evil woman.. I just don't understand. You weren't even legally responsible for her, why didnt you just call someone to come and get her? Then entertained your own grand children while Leah was in a box dead in your basement? WTH is wrong with people? UGH.. I AM SO SAD AND PISSED OFF!

Welcome her home Somer.. another angel for you to dance and twirl with. RIP Leah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back