AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the University have to do with anything?
She wasnt a student there.

Id like to say some things and I cant but I dont see this young lady the same way as alot of you do.

I just feel there was alot going on in this girls life and most of it wasnt good!

JMO

Her distant relative DK is in jail, his nephew is high profile and the university does not like scandal. So no msm coverage of her going missing. Imo and some others share the opinion.

Her distant relative DK is in jail, his nephew is high profile and the university does not like scandal. So no msm coverage of her going missing. Imo and some others share the opinion.

They can cover this case without mentioning her distant relative. A lot of missing persons do not get much coverage.

The university has nothing to do with it!
Neither does the nephew!

JMO

Eileen730- I guess most of us have considered that Brittney might be less than lily white, (for want of a better phrase), she certainly grew up with a few hard knocks, and was probably surrounded by some temptations that most of us don't have to face. I really, really hope you are right, that she is ok, perhaps hiding out somewhere trying to avoid something.
The alternative- which really does seem more likely, for lots of good reasons, hardly bears thinking about. ( A skeleton in the rain, found by hunters?, or even worse, never being found, no one ever "finding out" what happened to her)
I so hope you are right!

Id like to say some things and I cant but I dont see this young lady the same way as alot of you do.

I just feel there was alot going on in this girls life and most of it wasnt good!

JMO

With the greatest respect, Eileen730, I don't think it matters.

I think any missing person leaves their family realm and becomes the responsibility of humanity as a whole, until they are found. I don't think anyone at all should ever be allowed to disappear without trace, as though they never existed.

I do think if we have to make moral judgements about people, before we start searching, there is going to be a whole world of the lost out there, with no-one asking questions. The presumption that people who live on the darker, 'seamier' side of life will just 'disappear' themselves has allowed serial killers to wreak havoc for years, undetected. I am never going to be one of those people who believe only the good go missing. It makes no sense. Statistically, they are less at risk.

Brittney is missing. She was not a 'good girl' but she never made any attempt to disappear herself before now. Getting her home first, then starting to ask questions about her possible involvement in other things, is the best route to finding her, imo.

JMO

I'm sure there was a lot going on.

But Brittney was a victim of some things that sent her life down a path it may not have taken otherwise. She was only 19, so there was hope that she could turn things around. Her child deserved to have a mother, and Brittney did care about her baby.

I think Brittney was murdered by someone, and she still deserves justice.

IMHO..of course.

I don't think Brittney's Dad or Stepmom or her child have any idea where she is. If the rest of the family know, that would include WWH, I guess? Which would mean WWH has been protecting Brittney in hiding all this time.

WWH doesn't strike me as the protective type, where younger members of the family are concerned

BBM...

I don't see her that way either....especially if she thought she could benefit from it somehow. She'd rat out Brittney in a heartbeat.

I am beginning to find it curious that WH, BW's dad, isn't making more of a public stink about BW's still missing status.

Earlier, he seemed to have blown a fuse and, since then, has gone completely silent - as far as what I have read and not read.

ETA: I realize that SH seems to have taken the role of spokesperson for them both but I still just find it curious that WH doesn't appear to be more active - maybe he is and his actions are just not broadcast?

I remember reading somewhere that LE will not share any news with WH (BW's Dad) because he was not the one who reported her missing. Chessie reported her missing and we have all seen how well they get along. I question whether she shares anything with WH.

He was VERY vocal before, but like others said, it wasn't of help to locating BW. I can not begin to understand his frustration with the situation, but I don't believe he knows where she is. He does allegedly have BW's daughter on the weekends.

Brittney is missing. She was not a 'good girl' but she never made any attempt to disappear herself before now. Getting her home first, then starting to ask questions about her possible involvement in other things, is the best route to finding her, imo.

IIRC Brittney has a history of disappearing. She lost custody of her 2 year old daughter because she did not attend to her needs. This child is being raised by her paternal great grand mother.

I'll have to disagree on asking questions later. I'd like to ask a lot of questions. Too long this family has hid behind ignorance. "We don't know nothing bout that" indeed!

A young lady does not carry a loaded gun for silliness. :furious:

IIRC Brittney has a history of disappearing. She lost custody of her 2 year old daughter because she did not attend to her needs. This child is being raised by her paternal great grand mother.

I'll have to disagree on asking questions later. I'd like to ask a lot of questions. Too long this family has hid behind ignorance. "We don't know nothing bout that" indeed!

A young lady does not carry a loaded gun for silliness. :furious:

Yes, but what does that really matter in terms of finding her? Good, Bad or Ugly, it shouldn't matter IMO. A young mother is missing. And we can go around in circles asking questions but really, none of know why is she gone? where she is? or how she got there? And using the mistakes of a young girl doesn't bring us closer to those answers. We weren't all angels at her age ;) Again JMO.

They can cover this case without mentioning her distant relative. A lot of missing persons do not get much coverage.

They could, but it would be nice, since she does have a high-profile relative, if that person would speak put on her behalf. He has the state wrapped around his finger and everyone would listen and pay attention. He would not have to mention the other parts of this case, just show her missing flyer.

Hi Gliving! I thought Brittney's daughter was being raised by her paternal grandmother, not great grandmother? I was also under the understanding that Brittney willingly gave up her rights to her daughter, not that she lost custody.

I agree that a young woman does not carry a gun for silliness.

This is one case that I really do think there is a possibility of her leaving on her own. Rarely do I feel that way when a person is missing. I would also like to ask alot of questions. Now, rather than later, actually months ago.

The university has nothing to do with it!
Neither does the nephew!

JMO

I agree they don't have anything to do with the crime. I think it is possible they have something to do with the lack of coverage on BW and the family sex abuse/rape case. I think the two situations are connected.

We can agree to disagree. I have no problem with that.

I agree with you it is possible she is missing voluntarily or was originally missing voluntarily.

Imo, jmo, etc.

Is there a history of Brittney going missing before, anyone? I didn't know that. If so, I don't know if I dare ask this but, is the source for the information reliable? Not doubting anyone here, I'm just a bit wary now of taking any info that comes out in this case at face value.

I agree they don't have anything to do with the crime. I think it is possible they have something to do with the lack of coverage on BW and the family sex abuse/rape case. I think the two situations are connected.

We can agree to disagree. I have no problem with that.

I agree with you it is possible she is missing voluntarily or was originally missing voluntarily.

Imo, jmo, etc.

I just can't wrap my head around that. And looking at past cases, there are many missing teenagers who did not get much local coverage, and they weren't connected to the state's famed football program. Also, Brittney is a mother, and the media tends to ignore cases where the victim isn't that ~perfect kid. I'm not sure what socioeconomic class Brittney is, but if she's not middle class, that can also work against her. So, IMO, it's more likely that the media just isn't interested.

I mean, if Alabama is somehow convincing the media to not report on this, that means that must think it will get a lot of media coverage....But I just don't see it. They would have to think that it would be in every newspaper/local news in the state to bother trying to prevent the coverage. Holly Bobo is more "appealing" to the media than Brittney, and even she didn't get much coverage for very long in her own state. And there are many other teenagers who received anywhere from a little to no media coverage in their own state.

Is there a history of Brittney going missing before, anyone? I didn't know that. If so, I don't know if I dare ask this but, is the source for the information reliable? Not doubting anyone here, I'm just a bit wary now of taking any info that comes out in this case at face value.

Two links to posts made by Zeaux.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

I wouldn't call it a "history of going missing".

Hi Gliving! I thought Brittney's daughter was being raised by her paternal grandmother, not great grandmother? I was also under the understanding that Brittney willingly gave up her rights to her daughter, not that she lost custody.

I agree that a young woman does not carry a gun for silliness.

This is one case that I really do think there is a possibility of her leaving on her own. Rarely do I feel that way when a person is missing. I would also like to ask alot of questions. Now, rather than later, actually months ago.

Here ya go!

GRAND BAY, Ala. (WALA) - The great-grandmother of Brittney Wood's 2-year-old daughter, Payton Hamilton, said she does her best to protect the child from the details of her mother's missing person’s case.

Maxine Harris, 65, said her grandson, Andrew Hamilton, is Payton's father and has full custody of the 2-year-old. Harris said Payton spends a lot of her time with her and she is doing fine.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-2-year-old-doing-fine

ETA a post by our verified poster Zeaux:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Sbm

"I wish I could say you are mistaken about BW's drug use, but she was described as heavy into meth. When she had custody of PH, the DHR got involved and that is how AH ended up with custody of PH."

Just curious if those BW missing posters for hunters were well distributed and posted? Any locals seen them posted or heard from anyone about seeing them posted? Are they posted in hunting related stores? TIA

Don't mean to be pushy but:

I’ve seen no response to my above post.

Does that mean the BW posters directed at hunting haven’t been seen posted anywhere by any of our WSers who are locals? Not even in hunting related stores or in their street-facing windows? TIA

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/23/ijvm.01.html

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Absolutely.

DUMONT: In the case like one of your guests spoke about, but we -- we just don`t know.

All we know is that the person -- and just to talk about -- to address about the family not -- actually, reporting her missing for a couple of days. When I spoke to Brittney`s mother, she told me that it was not, you know, really unusual for Brittney to be gone for a couple or three days at a time."

I'd also suggest reading the Brittney Wood Social Media thread in the basement. It reveals more of the family dynamics than what can be found through MSM sources.

They could, but it would be nice, since she does have a high-profile relative, if that person would speak put on her behalf. He has the state wrapped around his finger and everyone would listen and pay attention. He would not have to mention the other parts of this case, just show her missing flyer.

But she does not have a high profile relative. She shares a relative with a high profile person but she is not related to him even distantly. They are not in the same blood line, he is not a "cousin" anything removed. This football guy is only related to the alleged child molester which is all the more reason to stay out of the spotlight. jmo.
I also think that Brittney was hanging out with more than her aunt and uncle but they have taken the focus off of what else was going on in BW's life? How was she making money? Where are her best friends and what do they think happened? I am not convinced that her family and their issues is the only reason she might have gone missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong