Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a tag "Jodi Arias" on Tricia's Radio Show page... not sure if she's discussing the case. Just an FYI.

You must not be watching (or reading) the trial. Testimony by the state's first witness, Marie (Mimi) Hall, friend who was one of the folks to find T.A., was that the little dog was barking furiously when they were knocking on the door. The dog was there in the house, he was not in a kennel, and as to your other questions...unknown as to if the roommates fed the dog, etc, etc. Travis' BR door was locked and the dog was not in the bedroom.

I have been watching the trial, although I did miss day one and two. I was just speculating as to whether the roommates would've noticed strange behavior in the dog as Mimi did. I would expect the dog to bark at knocking on the door, just curious as to how the dog behaved before that. The poor little guy probably always knew Jodi was bad news!

~sbm to answer your question

Winning, being personally involved in winning a particular argument? Not liking his adversary? Putting on the best show for the jury? I have yet to meet a seasoned lawyer who's exclusively out for justice. And I'm understating it completely. Maybe Martinez is a true believer, idk. But when you have ALL the evidence stacked in your favor and lwp as a slam dunk, personal attacks on defense counsel seem, well, personal.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Karmady.

Martinez seems detailed, organized and
2 steps ahead of everyone which comes off as pushy and demanding at times. Moo

I hope JA takes the stand. Wouldn't he be the best one to quiz her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jodi absolutely knew about the trip - I feel certain of it, and had completely pre-meditated the solution to Travis going with someone else. I feel like the whole afternoon was staged to lull Travis into security thinking good old Jodi would be right there for him...and I think the idea of the flash blinding him is a perfect fit! I can't manage to take a photo with 2 hands, but since Jodi was a professional photographer I'm sure she could take a picture with one hand and hold the knife with the other! She knew exactly what she was going to do if Travis didn't agree to take HER instead. From the pictures of their dating we know that Jodi loved to travel. Him taking someone else must have been eating her alive.

How about this for another scenario?

Jodi decides to make ONE LAST TRIP to see Travis and change his mind about their relationship as well as the trip to Cancun. One way or another, she is determined he will NOT take another woman to Cancun after all the time and effort she has put in with him! She throws the knife and gun in her purse/makeup bag and heads for his house.

Once she gets there Jodi is an angel. She is her sweet and charming, best self. She and Travis have a wonderful afternoon with no mention of the trip. She shows him in a thousand ways how much she loves him.

Perhaps afterwards they decide to take a shower together! One last bit of romance to top off their evening. Once in the shower Jodi makes her move, and says something like "You're not still taking Mimi to Cancun when we're so good together, are you?" Travis looks at her with a puzzled expression. Yes, he's still taking Mimi to Cancun - he's told Jodi they were just "friends with benefits". Jodi loses it. She screams and rages at him as he continues to look at her, puzzled. When she figures out he won't change his mind about the trip, she storms out of the shower and gets dressed as though she plans to leave. Travis is staring at her through the shower door - come on, Jodi. You knew what the deal was - as she fishes for the knife in her purse/makeup bag. She says something to distract him like "smile at the birdie!" as she snaps that final shower photo and inflicts that first stab wound. The rest of the slaughter goes as everyone has speculated.

I think this trip to Cancun with another woman was a MUCH bigger trigger to Jodi than anyone has talked about. That was, in effect, her line in the sand. It simply was not going to happen. He could agree with her and everything would be nice, or they could do things the hard way. Either way, Mimi wasn't going to Cancun.

JMHO!

There was a shower door between Travis and Jodi, so she couldn't of done it that way. If Travis could of pushed it open and tried to get away from her that may of been when the camera was dropped and the ceiling shot. She might of starting stabbing him and then rode him down as struggled down the hall and then cut his throat then dragged him back to the shower. She is one cold person isn't she?

I am wondering about that also and have asked it on here as well...wish we knew!

I read somewhere like a thousand pages ago that Travis planned to take his dog Napoleon to a relatives house in California to stay while he was in mexico. Whether he did or not we don't know yet. We do know though that his dog survived untouched and is living now with a female friend of his. He left the dog for her in his will.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Karmady.

Martinez seems detailed, organized and
2 steps ahead of everyone which comes off as pushy and demanding at times. Moo

I hope JA takes the stand. Wouldn't he be the best one to quiz her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a really good question. Hopefully, by the time it gets to that, I'll have a better sense of Martinez. But he comes across as aggressive and "my way or the highway" to me, and she's unfailingly demure, even if she's lying her butt off. And she's smaller than him. As I mentioned, he's a really short guy, so this probably isn't a usual scenario for him. His usual defendants probably make him look like a bullying victim, himself. But he could come across as physically intimidating to a tiny, female defendant. Especially one who's asserting self-defense. I didn't like him a little, and I KNOW she's guilty. I wonder how the jury will perceive him. The "bring it" comment to Nurmi stood out to me as extremely immature male posturing. And in a case where you're trying to portray the male as a victim, probably not a good idea. Again, though, jmo

~sbm to answer your question

Winning, being personally involved in winning a particular argument? Not liking his adversary? Putting on the best show for the jury? I have yet to meet a seasoned lawyer who's exclusively out for justice. And I'm understating it completely. Maybe Martinez is a true believer, idk. But when you have ALL the evidence stacked in your favor and lwp as a slam dunk, personal attacks on defense counsel seem, well, personal.

Winning their case is part of the motivation, of course. They are in an adversarial system and tempers do flare. I wonder if Martinez believes lwop is a slam dunk--I bet he doesn't assume that and fights as if it's not a slam dunk. I'd rather have a prosecutor give it 100% than 'phone in' his part of the case. Travis' family deserves an A+ effort, as do the people of the State of AZ. He's not there to be "warm and fuzzy," his job is to present this case and obtain a conviction (and then fight for a DP sentence).

As for personal attacks, I see that more as saying things like, "you're stupid, ugly, you have ugly clothes, you're lying" you know, "personal" things, not heated words about the case or the procedure.

If harsh words are troublesome and a turnoff, don't ever listen to what is said on a football field between players or in any competitive professional situation in which the stakes are very high, cause that (Martinez to defense attorney) is tame stuff by comparison. Heck, I've been in meetings in corporate America where what was said (and done) was far more aggressive, angry, and out-of-bounds than what we've seen in this trial so far.

I could see this scenario. Especially if the knife was a switch blade, it could easily be kept from Travis' view before she extended the blade.

Or she kept the duct tape around the sharp edge of the blade while not in use. It seems she used a knife a lot, i.e. tire slashings.

If it was on her skin there would be some skin cells/DNA on it?

If it is true that his dog was there, did the roommates not think it strange?

Or I suppose with the roomies coming and going, they may have no clue that the dog was not being fed and watered.

But with a dog not bring fed and watered, wouldn't you expect the dog to rip up stuff or be sick from dehydration?

Maybe roomies tossed the dog treats or filled a water bowl. Or with our dogs,they drink their favorite. Toilet. Bowl water. Yum

Perhaps Jodi asked him to pose, facing the wall in the shower with the water running down his back but the shower door open. Travis worked out so he had a decent physique and she wasn't shy about being nude on the camera so he may have just figured this was just another picture and obligingly faced the wall. He would have the water running over him which would have blocked out some noise and his eyes closed since water was running over him and she ambushed him.

The flash blinding him theory was a good theory but I think there would have been a picture taken if the flash had gone off and that pic would not have been had the expression he had in the last known picture.

,another question. Not that I have ever tried it, but doesn't it seem like it would take a lot of strength to slash tires? It seems almost impossible.

Are tires steel steel belted?

I am not sure the tire slashing can be brought up as there is no proof it was she.

I am sure it was, but in court, I can't see it.

There was a shower door between Travis and Jodi, so she couldn't of done it that way. If Travis could of pushed it open and tried to get away from her that may of been when the camera was dropped and the ceiling shot. She might of starting stabbing him and then rode him down as struggled down the hall and then cut his throat then dragged him back to the shower. She is one cold person isn't she?

The shower door was open, she took lots of pics of him posing in the shower, very much alive.

If it is true that his dog was there, did the roommates not think it strange?

Or I suppose with the roomies coming and going, they may have no clue that the dog was not being fed and watered.

But with a dog not bring fed and watered, wouldn't you expect the dog to rip up stuff or be sick from dehydration?

Maybe roomies tossed the dog treats or filled a water bowl. Or with our dogs,they drink their favorite. Toilet. Bowl water. Yum

If the dog was roaming the house while Travis was upstairs dead, I think its weird that the roommates didn't notice behavior you mentioned above. IMO there is probably a good explanation for this, but it does seem odd.

That's a really good question. Hopefully, by the time it gets to that, I'll have a better sense of Martinez. But he comes across as aggressive and "my way or the highway" to me, and she's unfailingly demure, even if she's lying her butt off. And she's smaller than him. As I mentioned, he's a really short guy, so this probably isn't a usual scenario for him. His usual defendants probably make him look like a bullying victim, himself. But he could come across as physically intimidating to a tiny, female defendant. Especially one who's asserting self-defense. I didn't like him a little, and I KNOW she's guilty. I wonder how the jury will perceive him. The "bring it" comment to Nurmi stood out to me as extremely immature male posturing. And in a case where you're trying to portray the male as a victim, probably not a good idea. Again, though, jmo

I adore that condescending, confident, aggressive, sarcastic tone and posturing in court

Winning their case is part of the motivation, of course. They are in an adversarial system and tempers do flare. I wonder if Martinez believes lwop is a slam dunk--I bet he doesn't assume that and fights as if it's not a slam dunk. I'd rather have a prosecutor give it 100% than 'phone in' his part of the case. Travis' family deserves an A+ effort, as do the people of the State of AZ. He's not there to be "warm and fuzzy," his job is to present this case and obtain a conviction (and then fight for a DP sentence).

As for personal attacks, I see that more as saying things like, "you're stupid, ugly, you have ugly clothes, you're lying" you know, "personal" things, not heated words about the case or the procedure.

If harsh words are troublesome and a turnoff, don't ever listen to what is said on a football field between players or in any competitive professional situation in which the stakes are very high, cause that (Martinez to defense attorney) is tame stuff by comparison. Heck, I've been in meetings in corporate America where what was said (and done) was far more aggressive, angry, and out-of-bounds than what we've seen in this trial so far.

He said, not verbatim, if you have a problem with me, say it to me --instead of making an objection. He said it in an agressive and dismissive manner and in an inappropriate passive voice, while the objection was totally justified. He himself was acting like a testosterony football dude, even thought he's like 5'2". Nurmi's statements were well-founded, since the record was NOT clear because there WERE people talking over themselves. Nurmi stayed totally calm and deferential in response. If there are repeated instances of that kind of thing, it will work against the prosecution. Just like it's clear to us that Nurmi would rather be anywhere else, it's clear to the jury, as well. Overkill on the part of the prosecution will only hurt, imo.

jmo, but I was sitting right there and was like, "wow, don't"

I bet there's hundreds (maybe thousands) of different ways one can imagine how this crime went down, who stood where, who reacted first, who said what and to whom and how and when, but we'll never know, and no one will ever be able to validate each possibility. There's only 2 people that absolutely know: and the murderess is not going to tell us and the victim can't tell us.

Any scenario that matches all the evidence (blood, hair, fiber, prints, photos, etc) is as plausible as any other scenario that also matches all the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend