**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see what the Defense spin is going to be. Just an observation, but they don't seem to be asking very many pertinent questions.

I believe the ME stated the bullet entry was near his temple, traveled through his brain out through the sinus cavity and ended up inside his cheek. The doctor also stated that young people's brains are right up against the inside of the skull so it had to have traveled through that portion of his brain which would have restricted his movements. He was unable to determine the exact path through the remaining brain matter because the decomposition caused it to liquify. That is what I believe I heard him say. jmo

If this is what he said then anything is possible as to the path of the bullet which also means that the ME can not state with certainty what Travis would or would not be capable of doing after that shot fired into his face.

I'm confused as to what all of the hostility is about.

Why would she bring a gun to a knife fight? Neither makes sense really.

Because I framed the question to folks that thought TA was shot first...

Why bring a knife if you planned on shooting him?

On Rasputin's autopsy, I think the official cause of death was listed as hypothermia from being thrown into the freezing river.

Of course his lungs contained river water, he had been shot four times, once through the head, and had been poisoned in what should have been lethal doses. Throw in a few stab wounds and it's anybody's (other than the "experts") guess as to how/why Rasputin really died.

But hypothermia is (I think) the official cause. Ummmm kay.

Yeah, back in Rasputin's day I don't think they were all that familiar with forensics. Thankfully, they have gotten a lot better about it today!

I am going to go and find the ME's testimony again because I do not remember him saying that the bullet went through his brain at all. I recall that the shot went in on the right side near ear/eye and lodged in his left cheek. It seems that would be a shot through his sinuses more than his brain.

That is my opinion.

That's a good idea and we can get it from the horse's mouth. I do however remember the ME saying that the bullett went through his brain but he couldn't find the path because the brain is like mush. The bullett lodged in his cheek. jmo

That's the irony. My sweet pit bull that I posted about earlier knows him, so she hasn't even barked the two major times that he either busted out my windows, or tried to. I have an alarm, many lawyers, and a VERY involved court system.

Adopt a sibling for your pit bull :) two birds, one stone. you give a baby a home, and he doesn't know the stalker.

Best of luck, I'm glad you have plenty of support!

Also there were no burn marks on his skin from a close range gun shot...

She was standing when she shot him. ME said about 2 foot away. Standing and pointing the gun at his head while he lay on the floor, IMI. jmo

If this is what he said then anything is possible as to the path of the bullet which also means that the ME can not state with certainty what Travis would or would not be capable of doing after that shot fired into his face.

I'm confused as to what all of the hostility is about.

I'm not sure there is any hostility and I'm one THINKING the shot came first. I think it's a helpful debate, at least I think so:)

No one is more confused about the hostility over the discussion than me. :)

All I did was state what the ME had testified to as his professional and medical opinion. Of course I understand that experts can make mistakes. But, the other facts in this case don't support a gunshot coming first, in my opinion. And, I stated that previously. :D

Does anyone have the autopsy report?

I'm not complaining about watching that ME again...just wanted to look at it while I re-watch that hunk of a guy.

You want to look at an autopsy report to see the ME?

I am going to go and find the ME's testimony again because I do not remember him saying that the bullet went through his brain at all. I recall that the shot went in on the right side near ear/eye and lodged in his left cheek. It seems that would be a shot through his sinuses more than his brain.

That is my opinion.

The ME had to repeat that the bullet had to go through the frontal brain over and over and over again in answer to the Defense's persistent question over and over and over about it. This bullet entered above and maybe slightly to the right of the right eyebrow and ended up just outside the cheekbone. To do this it would have had to travel through the frontal portion of the brain and since the brain is very soft and the sinuses are air pockets surrounded by fairly thin bone, there really no resistance or deflection. The frontal lobes of the brain are not just behind the forehead, but fill an area a lot lower. Some surgeries on the brain/pituitary can be done through the nose or with an incision just inside the upper lip at the lip/gumline margin.

Don't forget the line of questioning by the defense attorney regarding the bullet. The bullet may have somehow managed to avoid the brain despite its trajectory, all because decomp had set in and there wasn't enough brain tissue left for the ME to determine what kind of damage the bullet did to the brain.

I know for me that raises all sorts of questions about what happened with the order of injuries inflicted and it's also left me very confused about the basic laws of physics. ;)

That was not the testimony, with all due respect. The bullet did NOT avoid the brain despite its trajectory. It HAD to have passed through the brain. But the brain, with the bullet path, was decomposed when the body was discovered.

The brain was there when TA was shot, as evidenced by his, well, his living and functioning. The brain was there. He was shot through it. And then as the days went on, his brain shriveled up and decomposed.

Look at it this way...you drive a car through the front of a house and exit the back of the house. Then the house burns down. The house is gone, but we know that you went through it, based on where you entered and exited. Does that make sense? :)

The murder was premeditated, with Jodi's script calling for the murder to take place in the bathroom. She knew Travis would shower sometime after her planned seduction and ensuing sex, so she hid her weapons in the bathroom earlier when she was using the facility. All she had to do then was to remove the knife while Travis was in the shower. The gun could stay hidden, but within easy reach, until after the stabbing and removed if needed.

I think she had pockets in her sweat pants. Gun in one and switch blade in the other.

Just do a search on Seven Horrific head injury x-rays of people who survived.
I believe it could have been first and I think JA almost let the truth slip.

If the gunshot to the brain/head came first, TA would have had a massive clot and this would have been visible as blood loss in the brain at autopsy. The only way this would not have happened is if TA had a huge air pocket behind his face!

No one is more confused about the hostility over the discussion than me. :)

All I did was state what the ME had testified to as his professional and medical opinion. Of course I understand that experts can make mistakes. But, the other facts in this case don't support a gunshot coming first, in my opinion. And, I stated that previously. :D

You stated your opinion, and then wondered why the discussion continued. I could've misinterpreted, of course.

If the gunshot to the brain/head came first, TA would have had a massive clot and this would have been visible as blood loss in the brain at autopsy. The only way this would not have happened is if TA had a huge air pocket behind his face!

I choose to believe the ME. I realize that they are not always right. But, as I said before, the other evidence in that room shows that Travis was attacked with a knife first. I don't know about clots or air pockets, but I'm not a medical professional. I'm just going on what the ME said.

That is my opinion.

It was stated it went thru his frontal love and would have incapacitated him if he were still alive from what I remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam