TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah I have always assumed he parked in the woods close to the house. I have said that from pretty much day one.

I assume the suspect did have some sort of a weapon as indicated by Holly's complaint actions and the blood found. But even having a weapon or gun doesn't mean he wanted to shoot Clint even if he had the chance. If the suspect didn't know Clint was there, how would he know if anyone else was there or not. And then you run the risk of gunfire attracting more attention, etc.

exactly, and look at the time of day the perp chose to commit the crime - 7:30AM on a week day. this says to me he did care about who was around - he waited until her parents were gone and from what we've gathered on most days cb would have been gone as well. on top of that, if cb's timeline is accurate, the perp wasn't in a rush. it also says to me that this is someone who planned this out. given that she's a young woman with an active social life, i would be willing to bet there would be other opportunities to grab her (leaving a party, driving home at night, stopping for gas, etc) but the perp chose a really tight window of time (her parents leave at 7:00ish, she leaves 30 - 45 minutes later). he had no way of knowing if she'd leave early that morning or if her parents would leave late but he still went for that specific opportunity as opposed to other situations in which there might have been an opportunity to grab her. again, imo, this speaks to someone who knew her routine, who had watched the pattern of the family, and who was confident that morning that his plan would work. it also says to me that this is someone who wouldn't be missed by family or coworkers at 7:30AM on a week day but who might not have that same opportunity late at night or on a weekend.

I figure since the abduction took place at Holly's house, the suspect may not have known that much about her personally. This fits in with someone NOT in her direct circle of friends and acquaintances. It seems perhaps that some of the searching and evidence seems to support this. Like the searches around Holly's school parking lot and driveway. That implies to me that someone was there watching her. A friend wouldn't need to stalk her at school. I assume the suspect felt school was too public of a place to make the snatch, so the only other place he could do it was her house. Perhaps thats about all he knew of her schedule. I would wager the suspect spent some time in the woods around Hollys house also watching. Somehow I think LE found some clues there that may have led them back to the school. Something like cigarette butts, food wrapper, etc. Otherwise, how would they know what to look for at the school?

I figure since the abduction took place at Holly's house, the suspect may not have known that much about her personally. This fits in with someone NOT in her direct circle of friends and acquaintances. It seems perhaps that some of the searching and evidence seems to support this. Like the searches around Holly's school parking lot and driveway. That implies to me that someone was there watching her. A friend wouldn't need to stalk her at school. I assume the suspect felt school was too public of a place to make the snatch, so the only other place he could do it was her house. Perhaps thats about all he knew of her schedule. I would wager the suspect spent some time in the woods around Hollys house also watching. Somehow I think LE found some clues there that may have led them back to the school. Something like cigarette butts, food wrapper, etc. Otherwise, how would they know what to look for at the school?

The meticulous search in front of the school was done after the "significant find" (very likely her phone) at the concrete plant, which is near the school. It's been reported that this find was due to a tip but, if that's true, it's a little unclear to me what that means (did someone in the know tip LE off or did someone just stumble across the phone)..

I agree with the rest of your post and think the phone could have at the plant in an attempt to divert LE's suspicions - by making them think someone from the school was responsible.

In many cases I've followed, when something (cellphone, purse, etc.) is found there is often mention that it was purposely panted by the where it was found in order to throw LE off - yet, can anyone point to a case where this was actually done?

In many cases I've followed, when something (cellphone, purse, etc.) is found there is often mention that it was purposely panted by the where it was found in order to throw LE off - yet, can anyone point to a case where this was actually done?

Jessica Ridgeway CO

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21877914/austin-sigg-would-be-rarity-among-teen-killers

Meredith Hope Emerson GA

http://www.prod.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/

Mickey Shunick LA

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-missing-students-bike-found-bridge/story?id=16440759

Too many to list, OldSteve, but imo, Holly's lunch bag and other items were discarded to rid the perp of incriminating evidence while enroute to his destination/safe haven..

Jessica Ridgeway CO

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21877914/austin-sigg-would-be-rarity-among-teen-killers

Meredith Hope Emerson GA

http://www.prod.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/

Mickey Shunick LA

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-missing-students-bike-found-bridge/story?id=16440759

Too many to list, OldSteve, but imo, Holly's lunch bag and other items were discarded to rid the perp of incriminating evidence while enroute to his destination/safe haven..

Hi Firefox - sounds like you are agreeing with me - that perps do not discard things as a ruse to throw off LE, they simply toss things along the way to wherever they are going.

Hi Firefox - sounds like you are agreeing with me - that perps do not discard things as a ruse to throw off LE, they simply toss things along the way to wherever they are going.

i do agree with you that it's not usually a ruse to throw off le, but i disagree that they toss things. i don't think whatever item was found near her school was left there by chance. there's about a thousand better places it could have been dumped if the perp didn't want it to be found. i think whoever did this got a kick out of leaving a clue otherwise they could have dumped the item in a river, trash bin, burned it, etc.

i do agree with you that it's not usually a ruse to throw off le, but i disagree that they toss things. i don't think whatever item was found near her school was left there by chance. there's about a thousand better places it could have been dumped if the perp didn't want it to be found. i think whoever did this got a kick out of leaving a clue otherwise they could have dumped the item in a river, trash bin, burned it, etc.

I should have mentioned I was talking just about cellphone and lunch box.

We don't know what was found around school, may have just been cigarette butts that bagged just because they were there to see who's DNA might be on them...

No, in the 3 examples I gave, the perp discarded items belonging to the victims across jurisdictional boundaries or in different directions to throw off investigators; deflection..

In Holly's case, all the known items that were found seemed to be discarded along the perps route of escape..imo..

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you would think that where they found the lunch pail, they would have some kind of tire tracks or something. What about -- her cell phone was left at home?

K. BOBO: No, she had her cell phone with her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did they ever find it?

K. BOBO: I`m not sure about that.
Do we know, MSM-wise, anything more than this (from 04 August 2011 JVM show)?

Holly's been missing for 652 days now, btw.

Do we know, MSM-wise, anything more than this (from 04 August 2011 JVM show)?

Holly's been missing for 652 days now, btw.

Nothing in MSM. Local chatter is all we have. LE has not said anything about any evidence found except for her lunch bag.

Sad. 652 days and we're not anywhere closer to finding out what happened.

Well, if LE pinged drew and holly's phone with the info Clint gave him, they should be able to rule out Drew. Another thing we will never be told. LE has her phone, they should have major clues, imo.

I wonder if they even pinged her cell phone. Add that to the list of things we wish we knew.

Agree if they have her cell phone, they should be able to get some clues. I think even phone records should reveal something...maybe (?)

There was a mysterious ad that ran for a Monday episode of the Nancy Grace show that talked about cell phone pings from that morning and new details. The ad ran between Friday and Sunday, hyping the Monday show. However, when Monday rolled around, IIRC the show was about Casey Anthony again, and Holly was never mentioned.

Interesting that it's never been brought up anywhere except NG who never ended up featuring it. One would think that if significant details were discovered by one media source others would do the same.

In the meantime, we're left wondering.

Is it known when the item was left at the school? same day as abduction- days later?

"I looked out the window and saw Holly's car still here, and I knew she wasn't in the house because I had looked in her room," Clint said. "That's when I called Mom to ask her if Holly had caught a ride with someone or if she didn't have school, but she didn't answer."

By Holly bringing along all of her books, papers, lunch bag, etc., it makes sense that perhaps the perp asked Holly if he could give her a ride to school.

However, the blood in the carport throws me. If the perp caused an injury to Holly, why would she allow him to give her a ride to school? Did he apologize, and she accepted it?

What if the perp made holly bring school stuff knowing Clint was home and trying to make it look like she was getting a ride with someone? Did he physically have his hand on Holly when he led her away?

In regards to the school find, could it be possible the perp works at the school and had it in their car and panicked and just dumped it? Did they check all the male school employees (teachers, maintance etc) to see if anyone who fit Clint's description of the perp was away from work that day?

What if the perp made holly bring school stuff knowing Clint was home and trying to make it look like she was getting a ride with someone? Did he physically have his hand on Holly when he led her away?

In regards to the school find, could it be possible the perp works at the school and had it in their car and panicked and just dumped it? Did they check all the male school employees (teachers, maintance etc) to see if anyone who fit Clint's description of the perp was away from work that day?

We don't know who they interviewed. We don't know who has been ruled out. We don't even know if there is a POI in this case.

Nothing from LE in months.

Her coke can was found near the car. This indicates surprise. Was the perp in her car when she approached it. I have always wondered that possibiltiy ever since Karen disclosed the never locked their cars or the house.

If so, perhaps the perp recognized her by her car. Maybe he is somebody who attended the school. There was a murder case when I attended school. One of my classmates was in love with an RN and killed her BF and decapitated him...it was horrific. After that, I am not surprised at finding the occasional murderer in Nursing school. At work, an RN murdered his ex-wife because she was seeing another man. It happens.

No one has ever said if all male students out there on the main drag of Parsons has been eliminated. This could have been an ex BF or a fantasy suitor. If the rumor was true about papers tossed out there in Parson, I tend to believe that somebody has connections to Holly and wanted to say, "You won't need these anymore" and tossed them out the window.

Is it known when the item was left at the school? same day as abduction- days later?

I think there was more found near bible road than they said. Her school wasn't far from there if I am recalling correctly. Wasn't the abandoned car with the camo gear inside there also?

....we were told it belonged to a hunter. Was this told to shut us up or because it is true. LE never shared anything else, so I don't know what to think. Well, I wish to goodness the owner would speak up. In that small of a town, you would think LE would know who belonged to all the cars.

It appears the perp went north of her home and went across the hwy (is bible the connecting road between swan johnson and rt 69, the main st of Parsons?) that connected to the main road. I think bible road is where the quarry is located also. Isn't her school a little north of there?

I recall reading about papers being found. I willl search for article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie