Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Near the bottom of the doc, don't remember what page the filing attorney states he has agreed to accept $0 for filing on her behalf.

I'm no lawyer but I thought the filing fee was a set amount to give to the court when filing the papers. The lawyers may have paid it on her behalf but they agreed not to bill her for it. Separately, the administrative fees would include handling all the paperwork in the case.

It is very hard not to quote more than 10% of the article. People have come out of the woodwork and filed financial claims against Casey. Huh. Imagine that.

I think there is a really really good case for some of these being non dischargeable. Like LE and the IRS. JMO.
How can you have a client declared indigent and then charge them $500,000? IMHO, that part is bull cr$p.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ony-files-bankruptcy-20130126,0,5220916.story

Matt Morgan, the attorney representing Gonzalez, speculated that Anthony's latest move is an attempt to delay the defamation suit. That won't happen, he pledged.

Good. I say everyone just go ahead and file suits and keep on fighting against her for decades, money or no money, just keep her tied up in the system and eventually all those people in the photos will drop away like flies, like everyone else before them; her friends, her father, Baez, Andrea, LKB, all of them will eventually leave her side and all the people who come up from the gutters to take their places will eventually have their lives and careers tainted by her as well.

Money or no money .... bring it.

oh, pathetic mall rat, how do I laugh at thee? let me count the ways

the high-low hem of the dress
the belt which is meant to but does not flatter the waist:hip ratio
the jewelry from the CA playbook
the red-carpet-ready hand on hip
the awkward/unflattering length of the hair
the tan lines

what? no breast lift? after the BK ruling, surely

bless her heart

meow

LOL! I know. I thought he was doing pro-bono or minimum wage at best. Hummm?

What I want to know is if Jose really has any intention of suing her or is this just a ploy to inflate the amount she thinks sounds better for her? I never really care to hear from Jose, but I'd like to know what he has to say about this. If he doesn't say anything... I'll know it's a lie.

Pg. 35 of the pdf

Penalty for making a false statement or concealing property: Fine of up to $500,000 or imprisonment for up to 5 years or both.
18 U.S.C. §§ 152 and 3571.

There may be hope yet. :yesss:

I'm no lawyer but I thought the filing fee was a set amount to give to the court when filing the papers. The lawyers may have paid it on her behalf but they agreed not to bill her for it. Separately, the administrative fees would include handling all the paperwork in the case.

Wonder what she's giving him in return? Quid pro quo and all that....

What I want to know is if Jose really has any intention of suing her or is this just a ploy to inflate the amount she thinks sounds better for her? I never really care to hear from Jose, but I'd like to know what he has to say about this. If he doesn't say anything... I'll know it's a lie.

Also, if he says anything you'll know it's a lie....:rolleyes:

Not an attorney but an accountant - I'll answer what I can. FYI BK courts have their own rules and are closer to "equity" courts than what we generally think of in criminal and civil law. BK judges have a good deal of latitude to "make things right". In other words, anything can happen in front of a BK judge and many odd things do. This is from my professional experience, which is NOT extensive - maybe a half dozen cases with varying levels of involvement on both creditor, debtor and trustee (court) sides.

You are correct about the existing debts, but there are also claims for actions that have already been performed for which there could be a liability, even if the amount has not been determined (liquidated). If you have a liability and you do not list it when you declare bankruptcy the Court will not notify the party and they will NOT be barred by the Court from coming after you even when your bankruptcy is discharged.

You cannot get relief for things that have not happened - like buying a car after you file bankruptcy and then including the loan in your bankruptcy. But if you have been sued in civil court, even if the case has not yet been to trial - or even if you have NOT been sued but think you might be - you include the other party as a potential creditor in your filing, and they are then enjoined from pursuing the suit, and in fact they then cannot even begin one without the permission of the BK court.

To this end, just about anyone who the filer thinks MAY come after them for ANY reason gets included, because once the BK is discharged all named parties are FOREVER barred from pursuing claims beyond what's allowed by the court.

There are exceptions for fraud, etc. but those are rare.

Again, it depends. Some things are discharged even though they are commonly not thought to be - money owed to the IRS for taxes can be discharged, for instance, under certain conditions. But as I said above, if you don't ask you don't get, so that's why people tend to throw everything in there.

I have not read the documents yet, I'll be in the office tomorrow and I'll get them & post them if nobody else does first. Lying to the BK Court about your assets will get your case thrown out, which is not too good because all your creditors can immediately come after you and you've just filed a road map with the court to at least some of your assets and your other financial details, making it really easy to track you down. But still it happens, I had to break it off with one fellow who would not come clean to the Court and it later ended very badly for him, he wanted to hide some assets and I'd have nothing to do with it.
I think "Team Casey" had a very long time to make sure assests were hidden. I just have no idea why they're still hanging on to this person. So if bankruptcy wipes out her debt, does she then get to keep any money taken in from any source?

Can I post link to news article where her attorneys were paid by the State of Florida?

Long time lurker here, since the Scott Peterson trial. First post ever. I prepare BK petitions.
Any money owed to the IRS will be discharged if it has been three years since date the IRS debt was determined. Determined is the important word, this means she either filed her taxes that year, or has a letter from the IRS saying she owes money. Once Three years after the date of that letter passes, you can file a BK and the IRS debt will be discharged.

That sounds odd to me! Just hang around long enough and they'll go away.:waitasec:
I've read of a couple of movie stars who were jailed for not paying their taxes
(names escape me) I wonder what they did wrong now...

On the google map, it looks like Titusville is on the opposite side of the river/inlet from Cape Canaveral so maybe she didn't bother to pay any rent to the realtor knowing she was filing for bankruptcy?

BINGO!!!!!!

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/01/26/CASEY_ANTHONY_BANKRUPTY_FILING.pdf
pg 16

Bobby Mutter
United Country Bobby Mutter Realty

2323 S. Washington Ave Ste 102
Titusville, FL 32780

United Country Bobby Mutter Realty service areas are in
Cape Canaveral, FL [OCEAN WOODS condo is in CC - not sure if this realtor manages this condo?]
Cocoa Beach, FL
Cocoa, FL
Melbourne, FL
Merritt Island, FL
Mims, FL
Rockledge, FL
Titusville, FL

http://www.zillow.com/m/profile/Mutter-Realty/

Wrong question! Of course, he didn't pay out of his pocket.
Someone else may have though.

Maybe it should have been Was she compensated in any way for this exclusive interview?

I just emailed Adam Longo. I feel a LOT better now! :twocents:

:what:
That sounds odd to me! Just hang around long enough and they'll go away.:waitasec:
I've read of a couple of movie stars who were jailed for not paying their taxes
(names escape me) I wonder what they did wrong now...

Sadly, this is true.

There is a meeting of creditor date that was assigned to her upon the filing of the petition. She HAS to attend this meeting. The date, time and place will be on the notice that is sent to all of her creditors. Also, BK cases are filed electronically, so it is not out of the ordinary for cases to be filed later in the evening from a computer.

BINGO!!!!!!

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/01/26/CASEY_ANTHONY_BANKRUPTY_FILING.pdf
pg 16

Bobby Mutter
United Country Bobby Mutter Realty

2323 S. Washington Ave Ste 102
Titusville, FL 32780

United Country Bobby Mutter Realty service areas are in
Cape Canaveral, FL [OCEAN WOODS condo in CC]
Cocoa Beach, FL
Cocoa, FL
Melbourne, FL
Merritt Island, FL
Mims, FL
Rockledge, FL
Titusville, FL

http://www.zillow.com/m/profile/Mutter-Realty/

Well there's one chance for a perjury charge against her on that form. She has never told the truth in her life, no reason to assume she will do so now..

I am so glad I am at work. TOS violation I don't need. So, her first interview was for a radio station in Arizona? Hahahahahahaha!!!! Maybe AZlawyer could tell us more about this station and how much they could pay her?

Not radio--TV. Adam Longo wanted to talk to me about the computer searches, but I pointed out I had done the interview with the Orlando reporter Tony (I forget his last name) in the CBS studio in Phoenix, so I was pretty sure he could get his hands on the tape if he wanted to.

They wouldn't let him pay for the interview. But the photos, maybe...

Well, I posted up thread and forgot to ask the questions. I am just flabbergasted!

How could she have filed late Friday night? Doesn't the courthouse close at 5pm?

Greene said they had been preparing this for a while now. Were they waiting to find an exclusive outlet for the first interview that would sneak in via the national CBS?

Probably an e-filing. Available 24/7. :)

I thought JB said he was willing to represent FCA without pay after she was declared indigent. This is after FCA supposedly paid him $200,000 she received for Caylee's pictures. If he is expecting payment for an additional $500,000, then did he defraud the State by submitting expenses to them?

I don't think he ever said he was representing her pro bono. He might have said he didn't expect to ever get paid, but that's not quite the same thing. ;)

Really? I wish Az was here-she may have relinquished those rights?? So what about the new photos that were included in today's media?

Maybe Jose's little agreement with her where she supposedly gave up her A/C privilege (hopefully with the advice of separate counsel) also included an assignment to him of photo rights?

Did anyone notice the bankruptcy does not mention The Computer which Casey Specifically States in her Inane Video is her Own, and No One can take it away from Her? Jeez, her lawyers must think we are all idiots...

I noticed that for length of unemployment she listed 4 years. Um, I think it's been a few more than that. Perhaps they should rephrase that question to say: Length of unemployment (please exclude all imaginery and hallucinated jobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee