The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #17 *ADULT CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND so ar they havent shown ONE (1) iotta of evidence of their claim..ABUSE..Sorry hurt feeling wont excuse BUTCHERING!!!:jail:

Can you imagine jurors going home and their wives or husbands say something snarky...and it all clicks for them.....Hey wait a minute! A man was slaughtered for less! Lol

How would he even know what it was?

Haha! This is exactly what immediately popped in my mind when reading his testimony saying he found her girly type lotions and stuff.. my mind immediately went to the likelihood of atleast one of those "lotions" being the KY.. I mean hell, even many of us here upon initially seeing the naked photos with the industrial sized KY, many initially thought it to be exactly that...a bottle of lotion...jmo but I find it a very good possibility that not only was there bottle of KY in her pack, but more importantly it is that exact thing(KY) That set her off crying and/or angry about the incident and her KY being possibly found..jmo, tho..

As a side note all of that's not in any way to excuse this guy of taking it upon himself to go thru her pack, period.. the entire fact he did so is just imo wrong and inappropriate on many levels..jmo

I missed the tail end of Lisa's testimony on cross.

Can someone please tell me how it ended?

Was Juan able to bring up Jodi slashing the tires and stalking?

thanks

Oh Lotus you will be thrilled when you see it. A thing of beauty. From my admittedly poor memory:
Were you abused?
Were you scared of Travis?
What do you consider cheating?
Would you call Jodi a stalker?
Did he call you names
?

You did great listening and remembering jurors questions to Lisa. BBM

Haha! This is exactly what immediately popped in my mind when reading his testimony saying he found her girly type lotions and stuff.. my mind immediately went to the likelihood of atleast one of those "lotions" being the KY.. I mean hell, even many of us here upon initially seeing the naked photos with the industrial sized KY, many initially thought it to be exactly that...a bottle of lotion...jmo but I find it a very good possibility that not only was there bottle of KY in her pack, but more importantly it is that exact thing(KY) That set her off crying and/or angry about the incident and her KY being possibly found..jmo, tho..

As a side note all of that's not in any way to excuse this guy of taking it upon himself to go thru her pack, period.. the entire fact he did so is just imo wrong and inappropriate on many levels..jmo

That's what I was thinking. He thought it was O.K. to go through her things? Creepy much?

Not an attorney but yes deathbed is also one, at least in my state.

Ya know... Id say let her ROT in prison the rest of her God Forsaken Life/ Me believes their is far more suffering to live decades (half Century) behind bars...Death Penality only wastes money and gives exposure to these denients :furious:

Dont waste the instant death drugs on this butcher...She needs to live in her selfmade world of ENCARCERATION :great:

Originally Posted by Sulamith
IF TA would ever dared to call Lisa names, or threaten her, he would ruin his reputation with the Mormon single's community. He probably would not have gotten a date with any of the eligible single Mormon women. Word spreads fast, I know. I think TA had to go outside of his Mormon single group to score. JA was a convert...not a "born in the covenant" Mormon.

Neither was Travis?

As far as I know TA was introduced to the Mormon church by his grandmother, at an early age. Don't know if his parents were Mormon or not.

JA was an adult when she converted to the Mormon church. I was raised Mormon, attended Young Single Adult activities, where I met my husband, got sealed in the temple.(Years ago) In my experience, there was a difference between BIC and converts. Hard to explain. I am not eloquent.

I think I know where the defence is going with this, but IMO, nobody would understand unless they are Mormon or are a former Mormon and lived the Mormon lifestyle.

So now we are bashing LISA?

Travis cheats on her and disrespects her requests to stop groping her and talking about sex.

But SHE'S the problem. Mmkay.

Unreal.

Now really going back to lurking. Sorry. :(

i thought she handled herself very well today - especially considering she was called by the team that is defending the person who slaughtered her friend

So, jurors must have imagined a big ky in the backpack too. Seems like that's where everybody's mind went.

Lacey, everyone of the defense witnesses have been more favorable for the prosecution than the defense. Ive never seen any trial like it. He shuts them down time and time again........one witness after another.

OT: OMG!!!!!!!!!! We just heard a loud crash outside and rushed to the door and our Gazebo is upside down about thirty feet away from where it was. Its ruined and all my clay pots are shattered. It took stone pavers and moved them 20 feet. Please pray that the weather calms down here.

Praying for things to calm down in your neck of the woods!! :prayer: :praying:

Hey guys....

What Lisa testified to in the defense CIC was an email she'd written less than 24 hours after being told Travis was cheating on her by a former roommate. (And she went onto state her definition of cheating was kissing someone else.) Her testimony was expounded upon during cross and followed up with brilliant juror questions.

I hope we can all let the whole of her testimony speak for her and not just the bits that adhere to certain theories. MOO

thanks
Not exactly. It was allowed in that Travis became angry enough to throw a phone because of 'damage' to his car. (We don't know if it was the BMW or the tire slashing.)

Points were won again when Lisa was able to state Travis was angry but not towards her.

Ya know... Id say let her ROT in prison the rest of her God Forsaken Life/ Me believes their is far more suffering to live decades (half Century) behind bars...Death Penality only wastes money and gives exposure to these denients :furious:

Dont waste the instant death drugs on this butcher...She needs to live in her selfmade world of ENCARCERATION :great:

Hey Lyndy!:seeya:

I want her to get death because she deserves death.

I dont want her to socialize in the general population. Sociopaths adapt easily to their environment and do well.

I want her locked down 23 hours out of everyday in a cell all by herself. And when she is allowed out the one hour a day she is watched constantly by a guard.

IMO

thanks

i think martinez is trying to stay away from that - since it was never proved to be her it could be inflamatory to the jury and can be used in an appeal

Thank you. Sniped for length...

I have stayed away from this thread for a few days now because I felt my anger and blood pressure rising over all of the incessant "*advertiser censored* shaming" and critiquing of her "lady parts".

Oh -
And MOO

FrayedKnot

It's been my experience, when I follow a case such as this, it helps to have a little comic relief, gallows humor, if you will. The sheer horror of the crime, the photographs of the crime scene, autopsy photos can be a bit overwhelming. I appreciate the humor, especially when the butt of the jokes is the alleged murderer. Please don't think I would ever speak that way about others, or take joy in demeaning women in general.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
IF TA would ever dared to call Lisa names, or threaten her, he would ruin his reputation with the Mormon single's community. He probably would not have gotten a date with any of the eligible single Mormon women. Word spreads fast, I know. I think TA had to go outside of his Mormon single group to score. JA was a convert...not a "born in the covenant" Mormon.

As far as I know TA was introduced to the Mormon church by his grandmother, at an early age. Don't know if his parents were Mormon or not.

JA was an adult when she converted to the Mormon church. I was raised Mormon, attended Young Single Adult activities, where I met my husband, got sealed in the temple.(Years ago) In my experience, there was a difference between BIC and converts. Hard to explain. I am not eloquent.

I think I know where the defence is going with this, but IMO, nobody would understand unless they are Mormon or are a former Mormon and lived the Mormon lifestyle.

BBM - Then how will the jury understand where the DT is going with this ... unless they are all Mormon? TIA

Thank you.

I have stayed away from this thread for a few days now because I felt my anger and blood pressure rising over all of the incessant "*advertiser censored* shaming" and critiquing of her "lady parts".

Jeebus. We have a whole generation of young girls who think they need to be ashamed of the way their bodies look, ashamed of they way they feel about desiring sex, and that weighing more than 100 lbs. is a fate worse than death. 16 year olds begging for plastic surgery because they read garbage like that.

Jodi Arias is a vile murderer. Maybe calling her ugly, saying she has cellulite, dark labia and a fat, nasty nose makes some folks feel better. IDK. It seems irrelevant to me.

And calling her a nasty *advertiser censored* because she has sex (with men who nobody has labeled "*advertiser censored*" or "*advertiser censored*") has ZERO to do with the heinous act she committed on Travis.

I have a daughter as do many of you. Someone might call her fat. Or say her hair is ugly. Or that her nose is wonky or she has cankles. Or when she is older and likes a boy and they kiss, some jealous girl might call her a *advertiser censored*. :(

And the posts I am reading here will certainly help to perpetuate the double standards and terrible self-esteem that so many young women battle these days. That makes me cry for not just my daughter , but for all the young girls who get to be held to this unattainable standard some people have set.

I could care less about Jodi. But I do care about what we say to one another as women and sisters when we exempt men from any wrongdoing and instead point at other women and call "*advertiser censored*". :(

We ought to be discussing the awful thing Jodi did to Travis. Not making up nicknames for her genitalia or "*advertiser censored* shaming" her for doing the EXACT same things in bed that the victim did!

Sorry for the OT and the rant. And I will go back to lurking.

Oh -
And MOO

I was going to skip over this and I'm sure I will immediately regret responding but I had to respond.

We absolutely have been discussing the horrible things this murderer did to Travis, and just about every other aspect of this story and crime. Sex is one of the central issues of this story. JA and her defense have chosen to make it a central theme.

They have chosen to paint Travis a sexual deviant. They have chosen to paint him as a verbal and sexual abuser who forced JA to play weird pedophile games - make her wear "little girl braids" and boy shorts, to engage in anal sex and phone sex, to talk dirty TO her, to make this poor innocent sweet girl a passive delicate sex object.

JA decided to portray Travis as a sexual monster, she decided to portray herself as a sexual victim. IMO and I believe in the opinion of others here though I won't speak for them, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a man or woman engaging in whatever kind of sexual activity he or she pleases.
Personally I don't give a damn if people swing, do same sex, bondage, ... so long as it's consensual - take pictures, use toys, tape yourself, whatever.

But JA and her defense team are choosing to portray her as an innocent virginal woman, not a strong sexual woman who was in control of her body and her life (like she was). They are blatantly lying, pretty much coming close to saying that he forced himself on her anally, when we hear that she did that before. She was an aggressor. I don't think the overall tone is "*advertiser censored* shaming" but outrage that this coward of a woman uses her extreme sexuality as a weapon as part of this man's slaughter and now in his death she is using sex again to play the victim.

I have no problem with her sleeping around, if that's what she was doing. More power to those who own their sexuality and individuality. I'm outraged at what she is doing with her "sexual role", his sexual role and I think there's a similar feeling on this board.

Anyhow JMO.

I also take "*advertiser censored* shaming" seriously but the above is my reply to the direct issue.

But Travis' family really want her to receive the death penalty. Ultimately I feel it most just for the peripheral victims of a crime to decide the punishment in capital cases. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member