Balcony?

wengr

Reaction score
The more I read, the more I am interested in the fact that there is little mention of the balconies. On the morning of the 26th, did JR check all the balcony doors and windows both to JBR's bedroom and to the playroom?
I can find nothing to indicate that he went out on the balcony that morning. I find it interesting, if in fact there was no close inspection of the CLOSEST and MOST CONTIGUOUS possible entry points to where JBR was last seen.
Imo it seems that this would be intuitive. Possibly he did, but a supposed report menioned no footprints in the frost? Imo, I don't see how your child is taken from her bedroom, and you don't give strong consideration to the EXTERIOR door in that very bedroom.
Then I contrast this to the apparent basement fixation. One search of the basement by JR, possibly a previous trip to the basement if he placed that chair in the way of the door, and finally when instruced by Arndt to search the house - again directly to the basement.

The more I read, the more I am interested in the fact that there is little mention of the balconies. On the morning of the 26th, did JR check all the balcony doors and windows both to JBR's bedroom and to the playroom?
I can find nothing to indicate that he went out on the balcony that morning. I find it interesting, if in fact there was no close inspection of the CLOSEST and MOST CONTIGUOUS possible entry points to where JBR was last seen.
Imo it seems that this would be intuitive. Possibly he did, but a supposed report menioned no footprints in the frost? Imo, I don't see how your child is taken from her bedroom, and you don't give strong consideration to the EXTERIOR door in that very bedroom.
Then I contrast this to the apparent basement fixation. One search of the basement by JR, possibly a previous trip to the basement if he placed that chair in the way of the door, and finally when instruced by Arndt to search the house - again directly to the basement.

fixation ain't apparent....i don't believe in such coincidences....this is one of those strange things about this case....so many people went down to the basement,the father,the friend,police officer yet the victim wasn't found...unbelievable!
his trips to the basement always raised big suspicions...I also find it odd that FW went down there right after he arrived!strange,huh?

he didn't check because he probably knew....same re the note...it threatens not to call the cops and what did they do?not only called the cops but also half town....come on,it doesn't fit JR's profile,he is a calm,calculated man,he was used to think about consequences

fixation ain't apparent....i don't believe in such coincidences....this is one of those strange things about this case....so many people went down to the basement,the father,the friend,police officer yet the victim wasn't found...unbelievable!
his trips to the basement always raised big suspicions...I also find it odd that FW went down there right after he arrived!strange,huh?
Agreed. I find it quite odd. If the R's had no involvement, then early on the 26th they know only two things for sure - JBR last seen in her 2nd floor bedroom, and a ransom note found on stairs which connect 1st floor to 2nd floor. In this scenario, what they know to be fact has nothing to do with the basement.

Agreed. I find it quite odd. If the R's had no involvement, then early on the 26th they know only two things for sure - JBR last seen in her 2nd floor bedroom, and a ransom note found on stairs which connect 1st floor to 2nd floor. In this scenario, what they as know to be fact has nothing to do with the basement.

exactly....cause if he went down there because he thought an intruder might have entered the basement through the broken window this is one of the FIRST things he would have told LE or Linda Arndt but he didn't....

BBM wengr I'm glad you brought this up. Can someone explain this to me please? I never did understand about this chair business. TIA

His fixation with the basement was a "tell" IMO. Arndt told him to search "top to bottom", so what does he do? Heads straight to the basement. I guess in all the excitement and stress he forgot which way was up. :waitasec:

BBM wengr I'm glad you brought this up. Can someone explain this to me please? I never did understand about this chair business. TIA

His fixation with the basement was a "tell" IMO. Arndt told him to search "top to bottom", so what does he do? Heads straight to the basement. I guess in all the excitement and stress he forgot which way was up. :waitasec:

not only that be he was down there before,he ALREADY checked THAT area!why didn't he use the time to check other areas like the balcony for ex since we're talking about it

there's something about all these trips (INCLUDING FW's)....but I just can't put my finger on it and it annoys me!also....the fact that it was JR and not FW who opened the door to the room and found her...oh he must have been so relieved that he didn't have to go alone

Nom de plume,
From memory the chair is anomolous. Since the intruder was meant to have exited by that door, so how come there was chair in front of it?

Some see this as evidence that John was in the basement moving stuff about?

Nom de plume,
From memory the chair is anomolous. Since the intruder was meant to have exited by that door, so how there was chair in front of it?

you just made me think of something...what if that chair was originally used in the staging (JB TIED to the chair?hands behind her back) it still doesn't make much sense to me why she was tied up and why the cord was so long (wrist to wrist)...could it be possible?

also ..don't recall now where I read something about some tape on her legs as well....I really forgot

you just made me think of something...what if that chair was originally used in the staging (JB TIED to the chair?hands behind her back) it still doesn't make much sense to me why she was tied up and why the cord was so long (wrist to wrist)...could it be possible?

also ..don't recall now where I read something about some tape on her legs as well....I really forgot

madeleine,
Absolutely possible, except that the livor-mortis patterns do not seem to agree?

Nom de plume,
From memory the chair is anomolous. Since the intruder was meant to have exited by that door, so how come there was chair in front of it?

I still don't understand. In front of the door inside the room or outside of the room?

not only that be he was down there before,he ALREADY checked THAT area!why didn't he use the time to check other areas like the balcony for ex since we're talking about it
Great point.

UK is right about the livor not being right, but maybe she was tied in that chair before she died.

The "tape on the legs" was in Kolar's book and is thought to be a misprint. It should have been "tape on the lips". I'm not sure if he cleared that particular misprint up on Tricia's show or not.

UK is right about the livor not being right, but maybe she was tied in that chair before she died.

The "tape on the legs" was in Kolar's book and is thought to be a misprint. It should have been "tape on the lips". I'm not sure if he cleared that particular misprint up on Tricia's show or not.

I read it somewhere else as well but don't recall now....in some other book or police interview...ugh,dunno where

I don't fully understand it either. JR is said to have told in police interview in 1998 that he visited the basement and the door was partially blocked by a chair. What it suggests to me is that if there is one door to the basement, and there is an obstruction on the basement side of the door, then an intruder did not exit via the door. It smacks imo of JR trying to bolster an intruder stepping up and out on the suitcase.

I still don't understand. In front of the door inside the room or outside of the room?

Nom de plume,
In front of the door, but the intruder exited by that door, so how come the chair was located in front?

Did the intruder reach back and position the chair, or was JR down in the basement earlier and made a memory error?

10 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't remember the Easter

11 baskets there at all. But it would have had to

12 have been moved. The drum table was over, and the

13 chair was also blocking the door.

14 LOU SMIT: So do you think that the chair

15 would block the door and nobody would have gotten

16 in there without moving it?

17 JOHN RAMSEY: Correct.

18 LOU SMIT: In other words, let's say

19 that the intruder goes into the training room,

20 gets out, let's say, that window?

21 JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm.

He also says later in the same interview:

I took the tape off her lips, and her lips were blue.

Ah, well, I remember they took me aside, and we sat in John Andrew’s room which is the one next to JonBenet’s and she went through what I should do when we talked to the caller and I must insist that I talk to JonBenet and that we need until 5 o’clock to raise the money. I’d actually called my (inaudible) and arranged for the money. Ah, and I think we had by that time started to wonder if one of the housekeepers might be involved. And there was some activity around that direction. We waited until past 11 and then we, and then I think we were in the living room and Linda said why don’t you take someone and look through the house and see if there’s anything you notice that’s unusual. And Fleet and I, Fleet was standing there and said he’d go with me. And we went down to the basement, went into the train room, which is, you know, the train set is, and that’s really the only window that’s, would let in entrance into he basement. And actually I’d gone down there earlier that morning, into that room, and the window was broken, but I didn’t see any glass around, so I assumed it was broken last summer. I used that window to get into the house when (inaudible) I didn’t have a key. But the window was open, about an eighth of an inch, and just kind latched it. So I went back down with Fleet, we looked around for some glass again, still didn’t see any glass. And I told him that I thought that the break came from when I did that last summer and then, then I went from there into the cellar. Pull on the door, it was latched. I reach up and unlatched it, and then I saw the white blanket, (inaudible).

http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

BBM There's that 11:00 time again! How could he be off by two hours?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog
Back