CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBSD - HeadquartersThursday February 7th, 2013 :: 09:13 p.m. PST

Advisory UPDATE - The search for Christopher Dorner will continue throughout the night in the Big Bear Valley

DATE/TIME: Thursday, February 7, 2013
INCIDENT: Search for Murder Suspect
SUSPECT: Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33 years of age – 6’0”, 270 lbs, blk hair, brn eyes

SUMMARY: UPDATE – Thursday, February 7, 2013, at 9:00 p.m.,
An extensive search for the suspect, Christopher Dorner, will continue throughout the night. Law Enforcement personnel from San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Riverside Police Department, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, FBI, Irvine Police Department, Orange County Sheriff’s Department, Pomona Police Department, US Forest Service and CalFire will continue to search the forest area and go door-to-door in an effort to find Dorner. If the weather changes drastically during the night and hampers the search, then multiple two man units will be patrolling the area.

Helicopters from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department and Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will continue to assist ground searchers by conducting aerial support.

Additional deputies are continuing to patrol the Big Bear Valley and citizens are urged to immediately call 911 if they see anything suspicious. Residents are advised to open their doors only to those they know, or uniformed law enforcement officers.

Schools in the Bear Valley Unified School District are expected to be in session Friday morning.

***Media note*** There will not be a Sheriff’s PIO at the command post throughout the night. If there is any change in the search for Christopher Dorner the media will be advised by the Sheriff’s Department Public Affairs Division and a PIO will respond to the command post if needed. Sheriff McMahon is expected to hold a news briefing Friday morning at 9:00 at the same location.

http://www.socalmountains.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?181195

Toni Momberger ‏@tonimomberger

#FBI says warrant served at home of Christopher #Dorner in Las Vegas area. He was not there
. @KNX1070

3 hours ago

The Torrance incident didn't involve Dorner ... his last sighting was the police shootings at 1:45am or so in Riverside county. I'm right outside Big Bear on the desert side, coming down the back of the mountain and there are LE everywhere. All cars are being stopped coming down both front and back. As far as the truck, he obviously wanted it found or he would not have set it on fire. Either he had another car stashed up there or he is setting a trap. It's going to be a very long night for those of us who live nearby.

Interesting isn't it -- I haven't heard, but San Diego must have called in everyone on/off duty looking for this guy. I've never seen so many cops. I do think, however, that he may not return here. He knows all the evidence found on him (here) - why return to the scene of the crime (so to speak). LA is probably where he wants to end this, unfortunately.

MOO

Mel

Dorner stopped visiting ex-wife's home months ago, neighbor says
LATimes
February 7, 2013 | 9:30 pm

"A neighbor of the ex-wife of Christopher Jordan Dorner, the former LAPD officer accused of killing three people, said he often saw the suspect at the woman's Long Beach home.

"I've seen him here. I've said hi, I've bumped [fists] with him a couple times," said 24-year-old Oscar Gonzalez.

"He seemed like a regular guy. He was doing landscaping here in the front for her. He was heavy-built, always in military-style boots," Gonzalez said.

Dorner frequently visited -- until the end of last year.

“He was here for a while, and then he was just gone. It just kind of stopped all of the sudden, two or three months ago,” Gonzalez said.

Other neighbors with a less favorable view of the ex-wife were not so forthcoming and worried for their safety if they spoke up about Dorner, who is the subject of a massive manhunt."

More...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ers-ex-wife-recalls-him-as-a-regular-guy.html

Can someone get the court records for their divorce? Her brother said they were married for only a few hours, he had never met Dorner, and the ex-wife never spoke of the marriage. From the news report tonight, the brother had said it was a while ago. I guess the details will change depending on who is reporting. I feel bad for the ex-wife.

Can someone get the court records for their divorce? Her brother said they were married for only a few hours, he had never met Dorner, and the ex-wife never spoke of the marriage. From the news report tonight, the brother had said it was a while ago. I guess the details will change depending on who is reporting. I feel bad for the ex-wife.

The news said tonight they were married in 2007. I want to say April?

I saw the bicycle cops out on Thousand Oaks Blvd today and it surprised me. LAPD isn't sending the motorcycle cops out because of the danger to them. So aren't the cyclists even bigger sitting ducks?

I saw the bicycle cops out on Thousand Oaks Blvd today and it surprised me. LAPD isn't sending the motorcycle cops out because of the danger to them. So aren't the cyclists even bigger sitting ducks?
They didn't even alert the students at CLU, so I would imagine they don't think he is a threat in Thousand Oaks. Yes, the cyclists are a huge target, if he was in that area. I really think he is after LAPD and everyone who is related to them. His former schools were closed today because he mentioned a specific principal, who didn't even remember him at all.

LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Details are coming to light about Christopher Dorner's ex-wife, who is reportedly an undercover narcotics officer living in Long Beach.

Neighbors tell Eyewitness News Dorner was last seen at his ex-wife's home two months ago, and was a regular visitor until that point. They said Dorner took care of landscaping at the home.

His ex-wife has lived at the home for eight years. The two were married in April 2007. A month later, they filed a joint petition for summary dissolution of marriage.

More...

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8985104

Thanks for the twitter link, MsFacetious!

https://twitter.com/IEBeatriz

A few that were interesting to me:

Beatriz Valenzuela‏@IEBeatriz

There was an unconfirmed sighting of Dorner at a gas station on Gold Mine. The caller said the man in question was a passenger in a Mercedes
5h

I've been to the Stater Bros., Kmart and 7 Eleven.in Big Bear and Dorner is the talk of the town. Most residents think he isn't here anymore
2h

Liset Marquez‏@DBOntarioNow

Document: Dorner v. Los Angeles Police Department, Court of Appeals of California http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_22541032
2h

Authorities say they are aware of a possible connection between #Dorner and the Arrowbear area but wouldn't give details.
1h

@PhiKapMom. It's unsettling. Officials say they've had no reports of stolen vehicles in the area or vehicle tracks from the burnt truck.
1h

Just saw a closeup on KCAL9 of the blue truck shot up by LAPD in Torrance early this morning. Countless bullet holes. It's a miracle the two women were not killed.
Wow, really? I'm so pizzed. Surely I'm not the only one. ? Anyone?

That's what is puzzling to me: if he stashed a vehicle there I would think there would be a second set of vehicle tracks nearby. As far as I know, only large footprints were found and they were doubling back and forth.

Is it true that one woman got shot IN THE BACK by LE?!?!?!?!? (sorry, couldn't check back until now to follow up for details)

So pizzed....and obviously pizzed at the perp, too...

G'night, all...as evidenced by my confused posting, I'm pretty fried. LOL. So I'll catch up with everyone in the am...praying to God that Dorner is located and caught when I get up.

Best-
Herding Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members