Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my understanding that the term 'psychopath' is meant to represent a broader, less constrictive, set of symptoms than APD alone - they simply share some correlations. To my mind any of the cluster B disorders (or comorbid) could be a psychopath. Hare states many psychopaths have antisocial personality disorder but not everyone who has APD is a psychopath. One study some may find interesting:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3323706/

Individuals can be diagnosed with multiple Cluster A and B disorders. Few psych patients have only one diagnosis.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse and not crazy at the moment
:)

:) great
The Great Hope superimposed within the Great Seal of AZ.

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are draggingdraggindragging out the dates in an effort to make it appear that the relationship ( or how ever jodi perceived it ) was longer than it really was? did they only " get together" like say x times over the course of 4 months ( didnt they break up in 2007 one year before she killed him 2008?) I think it would be really interesting to see the PPL calendar if the so called "dates" " vacations" were all manipulated at her own $ expense and around PPL conventions and forcing her way into LCDS Ward activities. ( was she his biggest fan ala Misery?)

I wish i could remember the name of another movie ( i have been searching for the title) that was written in two parts. the first part was this incredible love affair through "her" eyes. the second part was "his" view....no affair occured at all- he merely walked by her in a lobby-the first part was in her mind and a fantasy only.

on another matter.
It is a very sad day for all victims of violent crimes. IMO she is making a mockery of their traumas. If she was a true victim she wouldn't be spending all her time slandering TA ( even if he might have been a jerk) have said ( a long time ago...and on the stand right now)adamantly- he was an X and Y and Z and so there for I did X and Y and Z and will go to prison for it. many women have done this. Loreena Bobbit

she is working the jury at every turn with little bombs and misleading inuendo and barbs ( he was into witchcraft.....we were in our church clothes...oh this is embarrassing ...such an innocent-puke)

still another matter>
Am I hallucinating??? and if this has been discussed here please forgive-did we hear her say that she did shotokan/shodokan fighting with one of her old bf's? have you all seen the knives and slashing actions of that form of Martial art? isn't the knife that size?

vincent mester weapons knife martial arts shotokan - YouTube

Nintai (Advanced Knife fighting 5) - YouTube

::thud::::scary...( was that bf on her roadtrip stops??) we have said this many times... she was the ninja.

IMO
she was not just a scorned lover with a clear motive, she was an assassin- a premeditated assassin.

plotted and planned her road trip carefully
clearly calculated the mileage
She got/stole that gun
packed or stole then concealed one of her ninja knives
She got S to give her the helio phone
she got D to hand over the 2 gas cans
she violently stole TA's life
with no sign of trauma or remorse -she drove off to meet her alibi in Utah (her MO- around PPL)

:jail:

Maybe someone should send this video to JVM's producers because the guests they have on just do not get it. jmo

Wish there was Court today with the nasty weather. I found the perfect solution last night for my occasional Insomnia. I turned NG on for the 10 p.m. airing. It was all excerpts from Jodi testifying. Her monotone voice lulled me into a deep sleep :waitasec:

Yup. We warmed up to the 20's today and everything got slushy and messy. When it's windy and warm in the winter (lol-- warm!), you can get bent icicles. The kids were fascinated!

Boiling water tossed up turns to fog/ snow when it's below zero fahrenheit, and a banana left outside overnight will be hard enough to drive a nail.

The credit card readers at the outside pumps are verrrry sluggish when it's below zero, too. And if you leave anything liquid in your car (like a pen!) it will freeze solid.

(I'm not native to this climate, so I whine sometimes.....just a little.)

OMG....I could never make it in climate like that! I am in the south and we have had a wonderful winter - 60s-70s most days. We had a cold snap with 30's-40's for a couple of days and I wanted to move. LOL

My son and his wife are in Boston and I am worried sick. Although they have been there for 4 years now so they are "old hat" at dealing with the cold. They just cook comfort food, watch TV and she paints all day. They love to "bury in".

Tech question here - how do I keep the streaming live page from disappearing to the bottom when I start typing on a document. I want to keep it positioned on the screen while I work. Thanks

I'll 2nd that! Saw the weather and it looks like ya'll are in for it pretty bad. It was 80 degrees here in Texas yesterday but a cold front came in last night. Don't know how cold it got but the north windows of my house were all fogged up, that's when I know it's cold outside. It's 41 degrees here now, and I am coughing to beat the band. Glad there is no court today as I think I shall sleep all day.

It WAS a great afternoon yesterday, huh? 80's in early February.
It was 48 here this morning.

Well, if you feel that strongly about it why don't you become an advocate for these victims. Bring attention to them. Create a thread, start up a forum. Why come to this particular thread and complain? Just because this case has gotten so much attention in the media does not mean Travis' or his family do not deserve justice. I don't understand your line of thinking.

I got the impression that the poster did want justice for TA but felt the DP was used selectively in this case as others have committed the same type crime and avoided it. She seemed to be questioning why gang murders weren’t prosecuted on a harsher scale. Some believe LWOP is justice in this case. It’s my understanding that varied opinions are welcomed here otherwise we wouldn’t have much to discuss…….

How'd she get Girl Scout cookies already??? We don't get them 'till Sunday.
Our council has been doing "direct sales" the past few years, rather than taking orders. I think it's really increased sales!

Good morning everyone :) hope you all had a great night. I've got my coffee and cookies so off to catch up on my reading.

Individuals can be diagnosed with multiple Cluster A and B disorders. Few psych patients have only one diagnosis.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse and not crazy at the moment
:)

Is it appropriate to ask what you think Jodi is? I think I read in an article that BritsKate posted, that for women, psychopathy seems to be related primarily to histrionic and somewhat to BPD. Or is it more appropriate to say that she is a sociopath with various symptoms of cluster b?

I'm going to set up a new thread in a few minutes, so be ready to jump over. When we go to the new thread, could we please keep on topic of the subject?

TIA
fran

Casey may have blamed George but I see that as self-preservation. Jodi sent flowers to Travis' grandmother after what she did to him. Irises, because according to her, Travis wanted to name a future daughter Iris.

That denotes a special sadistic element that scares the living bejeesus out of me. She literally feeds off other's pain. (To this point we see that in Casey too with both her parents.) With Jodi that sadistic, pain-inflicting circle is expanded to include a great deal many more victims.

MOO

That is down right creepy! It's not even a kind thing to do if you didn't kill the man.
She is one scary dangerous woman.

Is it appropriate to ask what you think Jodi is? I think I read in an article that BritsKate posted, that for women, psychopathy seems to be related primarily to histrionic and somewhat to BPD. Or is it more appropriate to say that she is a sociopath with various symptoms of cluster b?

Oh, also, I had written off histrionic since Jodi seems, at least in testimony, much more flat and not dramatic than I would picture a histrionic personality to be. But then I think I also read in that article that histrionics can either be very non expressive OR dramatically expressive. Any input?

That is interesting Sulamith. I wonder why they made an exception for Jodi? I wonder if TA had some influence in the church that TPTB (the powers that be) decided to baptize her even though she was still living with her ex.
.....and having sex with Travis

Or maybe you are saying 'missionaries' are more strict, I know little about LDS and don't know the terminology or hierarchy. I am also a bit sketchy on who exactly baptized her (or if it matters). I've heard it was Travis, and thought one guy testified it was someone else.

Not that it matters in the big scheme of things, I suppose.
It's not just LDS missionaries that are strict about baptizing people having sex outside of marriage. It is a precept of their religion.

The Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic and Byzantine Catholic Church (and others) have the same precept as the LDS church regarding baptizing the "unrepentant". People that desire to be baptized are to repent of their sins and in some churches they must go to confession. According to the teachings of these churches, if someone is having sex outside of marriage, they haven't repented of that sin because they are still participating in that sin.

Jodi clearly lied to whoever was her "sponsor" into the LDS Church.

Oh, also, I had written off histrionic since Jodi seems, at least in testimony, much more flat and not dramatic than I would picture a histrionic personality to be. But then I think I also read in that article that histrionics can either be very non expressive OR dramatically expressive. Any input?

To me, she's more Scott Peterson than Betty Broderick although her crime itself reeks of rage. Scott's was more like a methodical execution . She's the worst of both worlds.

Did you know JA was a wedding photographer?

I think it is really strange.

Did JA know about Elisha and decide to become a photographer?

I do not know any wedding photographers in real life, so to have two connected to one person, TA seems strange to me

JA approached her at Travis ' memorial in the creepy stalkerish way she approached all the women in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86